Windows 10: Network instability issues when serving a website from localhost

Discus and support Network instability issues when serving a website from localhost in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, First time poster here. I have an issue with my Windows 10 Pro installation. Whenever I try to serve a local website from localhost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by v3rt1go, Nov 27, 2016.

1. v3rt1go Win User

Network instability issues when serving a website from localhost

Hi guys,

First time poster here.

I have an issue with my Windows 10 Pro installation. Whenever I try to serve a local website from localhost (either using the nodejs http-server, browser-sync etc. or IIS) the request takes ages to process and the assets do not load completely or correctly. This also happens when browsing websites but a lot less frequent.

For example, if images eventually do load, they load only partially or badly decoded - like a messed up jigsaw puzzle.
    Even the default IIS website which only contains one .png image out of 3 requests, once it fails to load the image.

Curiously however, today I was doing some debugging from visual studio with IIS Express and the website I was debugging worked perfectly.

If I am to load a static html website using either IIS or a nodejs web-server and navigate to it via localhost or 127.0.0.1 the issue above occurs.
    If I open an webpage with File > Open from the browser it works perfectly though - so the issue must be web-server / localhost related.

Additionally, it seems the network is not stable enough to allow file downloads.
    Each time I try and download a file from the internet it fails. Chrome says Failed - Network Error while Edge just says it cannot download the file. I have to hit resume several times just to get a few Kb of data.The issue occurred some time after I've reinstalled windows - this weekend.

I'm running windows 10 Pro Insider's build 14965 on a Dell XPS 15 9550. This is the same build I was running before I did a windows 10 reinstall and I did not have this issue.

Things I've tried:
    Boot up an Ubuntu live cd - it serves files from localhost perfectly so I don't think it's a hardware issue. Also downloads work
    Disable antivirus software - issue still there
    Disable windows firewall - no change
    Disable IPv6 - nothing changed
    Disable any power saving and WMM features from the wireless adapter
    Cleared all cache and cookies from the browsers - still no luck
    Manually set DNS server
    Cleared DNS and WinSock cache/catalog
    Reinstalled all network drivers and then some older versions - no change
    Did a full network reset - no change

Things that are working:
    - Doing a network speed test yields expected results with a decent ping ms time
    - Downloading from torrents, doing a npm install or wget works
    - General browsing most of the time works though sometime some assets from third party websites fail to load. ie: the wysiwyg editor from this forum did not load from the first try, I had to reload a couple of times.

The only option I can think of now is to do a windows reinstall, but I simply cannot afford doing it during this week *Sad

Has anyone else encountered this issue or anything similar?
    Thanks a lot for your help!

:)

v3rt1go, Nov 27, 2016

2. IIS not serving local pages on localhost

IIS is serving up my localhost index page but won't serve anything further - click on links on that page and it won't serve them.

The links in question are not links on the web.

They are links to files right there on the local machine.

If I write their URLs into my browser - i.e. localhost/brassrazoo it will happily serve up that page.

But if I write localhost I will get the index page from wwwroot and if I click on a link on that page to 'brassrazoo' it will not serve it up nor does it offer any explanation, any error messages.

I found this in the event log but if this is the problem I'm not sure how to fix it. I looked for the component services admin tool and didn't find it.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{8D8F4F83-3594-4F07-8369-FC3C3CAE4919}

and APPID

{F72671A9-012C-4725-9D2F-2A4D32D65169}

to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

arthurbrogard, Nov 27, 2016
  3. AndreePin Win User
    IIS not serving local pages on localhost

Hi Arthur,

To get help with your query kindly post your thread through our IIS forums. Kindly click this
    link to get started.

Regards.

AndreePin, Nov 27, 2016
Thema:

Network instability issues when serving a website from localhost

1. Network instability issues when serving a website from localhost - Similar Threads - Network instability issues

2. localhost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    localhost: In my internet statistics appear several localhost conections that i can not explain. How can i remove them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/localhost/adfacb60-c768-448b-b482-217ff884723a
  3. localhost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    localhost: In my internet statistics appear several localhost conections that i can not explain. How can i remove them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/localhost/adfacb60-c768-448b-b482-217ff884723a
  4. Instability issues - crashes, BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Instability issues - crashes, BSOD: Hello TenForums, My problem is the following, I bought my computer 1 year ago and I had ongoing instability issues ever since, I had crashes in games, or apps. Many of these crashes were with the code 00000000x5, or with the note status access violation, so I believe (could...
  5. Can't access localhost on local network from my phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access localhost on local network from my phone: I would like to be able to access my projects running on the localhost of my computer from my phone or from any other devices on my network. With my former computer, I used to be able to do this just fine by creating a new rule in theWindows Defender Firewall and Advanced...
  6. Home Network Instability

Home Network Instability: My home network has a problem that I think is best described as instability. By that I mean File Explorer’s network folder does not display connected computers on a consistent basis. In other words, I am having a “now I see you, now I don’t” kind of frustration which often...
  7. localhost

in Windows 10 Customization
    localhost: Hello I am using xampp to set up my own web server. My problem is I think, not being able to access port 80, which I think is related to iisrid. Anyway if any one knows what is happening here and has any suggestions would be appreciated[ATTACH]...
  8. localhost

localhost: I am still not able to configure localhost in windows 10. I am web developer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/localhost/ab2ec8c7-6da0-4753-b640-691c4254c5ac
  9. failed to connect to localhost website

failed to connect to localhost website: Hello, Please excuse if this has been covered, But I can't find anything which matches my problem. I have had to change a email address from a old one to my current one and they sent a email for me to verify it. my problem is that it is a localhost address and it comes...
  10. BSOD Instability and data corruption issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Instability and data corruption issues: Since W10 (and I do like it) I have had multiple BSOD resulting in no longer being able to start windows, with start up repair saying unable to fix errors, lots of file corruptions (system and “unable to open ...user/desktop/ as location is corrupt or unreadable), and on at...