Windows 10: Network issue on Win 10 Home version

Discus and support Network issue on Win 10 Home version in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We have 5 HP all in one Desktops all purchased about 8 months ago, the desktop I use is causing problems with networking, all the desktops run on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Philems, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Philems Win User

Network issue on Win 10 Home version

We have 5 HP all in one Desktops all purchased about 8 months ago, the desktop I use is causing problems with networking, all the desktops run on the same network, my desktop is unable to see networks via the file explorer in the "This PC" Section but if I us the "quick access" section I can see previously used folders and back track that way, the internet works fine and can store data on the NAS system on the network via the folders I back tracked on, all the other computers inc mine have permissions set, they all worked fine until about a month ago and some of the files I had backed up started showing a 2004 date so I did a system restore and the computer (mine) shut down and would not restart, I eventually did a fresh re - install but still not working properly as I could not connect to a invoicing system that had worked fine since they were new, are there any setting I could look for? I have had a friend who works on computers but he is unable to come up with any answers, I have contacted HP and they said if its a network issue they cant help, I am beginning to wish I had stayed with Win 7, never had any issues but since we fitted Win 10 its very frustrating if there is a problem it takes longer than normal to sort.
    I have done another re - install to no avail, anyone had similar issues?
    Phil

:)

Philems, Sep 21, 2016
  2. VJ30062 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade: Unable to reconnect to my NAS Storage

Yep - Network is properly set as "private"

Two other systems on my home networks have just upgraded to the Anniversary version of Win 10 with no loss of Network connectivity.

VJ30062, Sep 21, 2016
  3. homegroup with windows 10 & windows 7.

I had this issue when I updated one of my machines to win 10. I discovered that the home group feature in win 10 was turned off. Use Contania (win 10s new voice/search software) to search for "turn on windows features", should get you there. Make sure Home
    Group feature is turned on (on both machines). I assume you have checked the network up/dn is turned on (in network settings), again both machines.

If any existing home group isn't detected, delete them and try a new one.

Also make sure your network is setup as private (in network settings).

The home group feature was my issue.

LorenCarlson, Sep 21, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

If you can connect to others on the network through Quick Access, but just can't see their PCs in File Explorer, then your networking is working OK, but you may have Network Discovery turned off. Check in Control Panel - Network and Sharing Centre - Advanced sharing settings...

Network issue on Win 10 Home version [​IMG]

5. Philems Win User
    Hi Bree, thanks for the reply, already done that. Still nothing.

Philems, Sep 21, 2016
  6. Adalwar Win User
    Did you try to Reset the Windows Firewall? Control Panel>Windows Firewall>Reset.
    Also you should give a try to Troubleshooter Control Panel>Troubleshooter>View all

EDIT: If you are on W10.1607 there is an Option "Network Reset"

Adalwar, Sep 21, 2016
  7. Philems Win User
    Tried them setting checks, no luck, reset router, network reset, , no change, I tried a new network switch, no change, while doing this I checked all the other computers they are doing the same thing, can access through quick access but not network link, all the computers are working as should except for mine which wont access the invoice software, thinking back it all stemmed from around the AV update but its nor really affected them, only mine, any settings I can look for?

Philems, Sep 22, 2016
  8. Samuria Win User

To see other PCs you need NetBIOS to be running then you need to find the master browser and get it to update its scan. When you look for a PC on the network your PC doesn't look it just asks the master browser if that's not up to date it won't see it

Samuria, Sep 22, 2016
  9. Adalwar Win User
    Not a easy thing in Networking when it just do not want to play.
    One last thing, try to Disable completly the UAC in Registry. HKLM>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>Policies>System>EnableLUA=0

EDIT: Try to Uninstall Lan Drivers. Go to Device Manager and Unistall Driver from there. If there is a check box for to delete Driver, check it.
    Go to Programms and Features and uninstall LAN Software
    Reboot and force Windows to Update Driver

Adalwar, Sep 22, 2016
  10. Philems Win User
    Thanks for the info, will check out when I get to work on Monday

Philems, Sep 23, 2016
  11. Samuria Win User
    If you run this tool it will tell you who is the master browser and as it scans it often forces an update and solves it as long as all pcs are on when you scan NetBScanner - NetBIOS scanner

Samuria, Sep 23, 2016
  12. Philems Win User
    Thanks for the link, really appreciate your help.

Philems, Sep 24, 2016
  13. Philems Win User

Ran the scanner this morning, the computer is now seeing the other networks except for the master! weird! not sure why, I done a reset on win 10 as well before the scanner was installed.
    Thanks again for your help.

Philems, Sep 25, 2016
  14. Samuria Win User
    If there is no master all of will have an election to create a new one it should show in event logs

Samuria, Sep 25, 2016
  15. Philems Win User
    The scanner showed up the one that won't show in the network display.

Philems, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Network issue on Win 10 Home version - Similar Threads - Network issue Home

2. home network with Win 10 and Win 11 devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    home network with Win 10 and Win 11 devices: I am currently running a home network with 3 Windows 10 computers. If I upgrade one device to Windows 11, will network access and file sharing still work across all the devices?...
  3. home network with Win 10 and Win 11 devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    home network with Win 10 and Win 11 devices: I am currently running a home network with 3 Windows 10 computers. If I upgrade one device to Windows 11, will network access and file sharing still work across all the devices?...
  4. home network win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    home network win 10: Prior questions here have led to no answer. 2 computers on the same wifi network need to access each other. Computer that i need to access shows up on File Explorer - Network. But attempts to access give this: [ATTACH] I have tried all of my passwords, looked for something...
  5. Win 10 Networking Issue

Win 10 Networking Issue: I have two Windows 10 computers: a laptop, and a desktop that is kind of a household server. The server has an external drive with some folders that are shared publicly - Music, Photos, Videos, etc. Most of them are discoverable on other devices. On the laptop, they are...
  6. Win 10 Home version 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Home version 1909: why is my new 06/2020 Acer Aspire 5 laptop, which was loaded with Windows 10 Home version 1909, not updating to Win 10 version 2004? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-home-version-1909/38c12861-2bc9-4d4c-bf8f-775f3baadb5f
  7. Win 10 to Win XP Networking Issue

Win 10 to Win XP Networking Issue: I have 3 computers. Computer #1 - WIN 10 PRO X64 - Version 1803 - Desktop Computer #2 - WIN 10 PRO X64 - Version 1809 - Laptop Computer #3 - WIN XP - Laptop The problem I am having is as follows. Computer #1 can see all 3 Computers on the network and connect to them....
  8. Win 10 Networking Issues

Win 10 Networking Issues: Hi Everyone :) I've been tearing my hair out for the last week or so trying to get my network back up and running as it should be and always had been before. Everything seemed to be running fine with the "old" network but adding a new HP All in One a week ago seemed to...
  9. Win 7 and Win 10 Home Network Oddity

Win 7 and Win 10 Home Network Oddity: I have two desktop computers on an Ethernet Home Network. Computer 1 is a Dell Inspiron 530 (April 2009) running Windows 7, Network: L: \\INSPIRON530A Computer 2 is a Dell XPS 8920 (July 2017) running Windows 10 (build 1803), Network: L: \\DESKTOP-Q01G00A Home Networking did...
  10. Win 10 Crashing Home Network

Win 10 Crashing Home Network: Hi, After my partners 2 year old HP laptop had a hard drive failure, the tech guy who installed the new hard drive installed win 10 on it as opposed to the win 8.1 which was lost with the old hardware. Since then whenever she attempts to use the internet via our netgear...