Windows 10: Network Issues/Password Removal

Discus and support Network Issues/Password Removal in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just upgraded to Windows 10 (loving it so far!), but I am wanting to make some changes to my desktop at this time: 1) I want to remove my login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by johnwyork2, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Network Issues/Password Removal

I just upgraded to Windows 10 (loving it so far!), but I am wanting to make some changes to my desktop at this time:

1) I want to remove my login password when the computer boots; I am hoping there is a "free" way to do this - I found some paid software versions that would do it but I am not interested in paying for that. Hopefully there is an easy way in Windows 10 that I am not aware of;

2) the same desktop has a USB Netgear wifi adapter, and every time we boot we have to re-enter the network password and reconnect to it. I don't have to do this on any of the laptops we have with built in wifi. I simply want Windows to be able to store the password and reconnect at startup like if does on our other machines. I did read where I need to get into msconfig and make sure the Netgear program is not enabled at startup; so I turned it off, rebooted, re-entered all of the info to reconnect, rebooted again, but it was not retained by Windows.

Hoping someone can help me out with one or both of these annoyances. Thanks greatly!

:)

johnwyork2, Aug 1, 2015

2. Unable to connect to Wi-Fi on mobile, "Authentication problem" error message.

Hi,

The above issue might occur due to temporary glitch in the network, maximum phones or other devices connected to the network or if the password of the network entered is incorrect.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• What is the make and model of the mobile device?
    • Did you check if the network password entered is not compromised with other caps or numerical characters?

Check if the characters of the network password entered is correct. If the password characters entered is correct, disable Wi-Fi connectivity on the mobile device, reboot the Wi-Fi network device and try connecting to the network on the mobile and
    check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue persists, remove the Wi-Fi network from the mobile device by selecting “forget this network” and configure fresh to check if the issue is resolved. Also check the number of devices connected to the network, some of the networks allow limited
    devices to connect.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of not able to connect to Wi-Fi on the mobile device in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 1, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    How to remove devices from network

To remove a device from your network all you have to do is unplug it. Remove the Ethernet cable or the USB adapter. It will no longer be detected on the network. You're done.

If you see a device on your network that you do not recognize, you should be concerned. Is your network protected with an uncrackable password and a high strength encryption method, like WPA2-AES? Is your router's administration console password-protected
    with a different, uncrackable password? If the answer to either question is 'no' it's easy for anyone to use your network.

BulldogXX, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Network Issues/Password Removal

1. Network Issues/Password Removal - Similar Threads - Network Issues Password

2. Networking/Password issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Networking/Password issue: Here is the issueI have three PC's - Basement W10 Ethernet, Den W11 Ethernet & Laptop W11 Wi-Fi. Laptop & Den to Basement fine.All network sharing passwords are turned off.Pings go bothways and Laptop can see Den but not other way around.Den Windows 11 Home - Version...
  3. Networking/Password issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Networking/Password issue: Here is the issueI have three PC's - Basement W10 Ethernet, Den W11 Ethernet & Laptop W11 Wi-Fi. Laptop & Den to Basement fine.All network sharing passwords are turned off.Pings go bothways and Laptop can see Den but not other way around.Den Windows 11 Home - Version...
  4. Removing password issues

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing password issues: I'm working on a friend's desktop trying to get to the bottom of an issue with sleep mode. I've got her to remove her PIN for convenience. After she completed this step and on reboot she was prompted for her old password *Confused This was really unexpected and we were...
  5. network passwords

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network passwords: I can access a computer on my network with the username including the pc details as hdarbg being the computer name hda and my logon rbg but I can not access folder on the machine. I cannot work out how to enter the details in username written in such a way as to gain...
  6. password remove

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    password remove: Hello, i what to remove my password on my computer when i turn it on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-remove/b1e12f08-e9a5-42d4-a346-87755973cf11
  7. Password removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password removal: Hi! can I please anybody to teach me how to remove my sign in password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-removal/a25682f1-18ef-4d32-bb57-71c60f7d1978
  8. Network Password

Network Password: I got a new cell phone and I need my network password to set it up, It comes up automatically on my windows 10 pc but I cant find the network password to set up the phone, I forgot....
  9. network password

network password: I have a problem with wireless connection cannot connect to a network and do no know where to find my network password 26843
  10. Network and removable storage mapping and connectivity issues

Network and removable storage mapping and connectivity issues: Hey all, I'm posting this here because it pertains to both network and storage, and because I'm honestly not even sure how to search for this.... so here goes: I've got a Synology DS213j as my NAS which I've mapped to my machine to access one of the drives within the...