Windows 10: Network Issues When Windows Updates

Discus and support Network Issues When Windows Updates in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Quite often when windows updates, my windows security and network settings are changed shutting my network down. Is there anyway to prevent this as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by linden1022, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Network Issues When Windows Updates

Quite often when windows updates, my windows security and network settings are changed shutting my network down. Is there anyway to prevent this as going as repeating this over and over gets a little frustrating

:)

linden1022, Dec 13, 2017
  2. aakkam22 Win User

Windows 10 upgrade

When the upgrade is downloading through Windows Update, any power or network issues
    won't affect the download process as Windows Update saves everything it downloads; it'll just pick right back off where it left.

When the upgrade process starts after the Windows Update download finishes, then any power issues
    will affect your installation. Network issues will not.

aakkam22, Dec 13, 2017
  3. Post update WiFi problems

Hi,

There are many possible reasons that can cause Wi-Fi issues. One of it is the outdated network adapter driver.

When you install an update, driver updates are automatically downloaded to your device. However, when you have encountered any issues, it is advisable to update or reinstall the driver. Please update the network adapter driver.

If the issue continues, you may run the Network troubleshooter. Check this
    link, expand
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands and follow the instructions listed.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Dec 13, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Network Issues When Windows Updates

Possibly that it could be your network adapter getting updated, no way of knowing what kind of security software you are running, since you did not mention anything in that vague sentence, along with that your "My Computer" info is empty.

bro67, Dec 13, 2017
Thema:

Network Issues When Windows Updates

1. Network Issues When Windows Updates - Similar Threads - Network Issues Updates

2. Windows update network issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update network issues: Every time windows does an update my network has issues. I'm using an Ethernet and I get the message that its unidentified. I've tried numerous different fixes and no luck, please help me fix this...
  3. Windows update network issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update network issues: Every time windows does an update my network has issues. I'm using an Ethernet and I get the message that its unidentified. I've tried numerous different fixes and no luck, please help me fix this...
  4. Windows update network issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 Update KB5013624 - network issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Update KB5013624 - network issues: Hi, Whenever windows update KB5013624 installs, I cannot access shared folders on my server. I have a mapped drive to a work folder on the server that I connect over VPN to, and it will not work while this particualr update is installed. As soon as I uninstall the update, it...
  6. Windows 10 Update KB5013624 - network issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update KB5013624 - network issues: Hi, Whenever windows update KB5013624 installs, I cannot access shared folders on my server. I have a mapped drive to a work folder on the server that I connect over VPN to, and it will not work while this particualr update is installed. As soon as I uninstall the update, it...
  7. network issue after the windows update...

network issue after the windows update...: When my windows get updated. I lose all network connections. At the bottom of windows desktop in the tray, my network icon has a red x with a popup dialog that says "Not connected - No connections are available". When I look in device manager all the network adapters have a...
  8. Network (LAN) issues after Windows update.

Network (LAN) issues after Windows update.: ONCE AGAIN !!! Windows have forced a update onto my Toshiba Satillite A200 laptop and now the built in LAN will not work due to the crappy driver Microsoft insists is the correct one for the machine. I know the A200 is a very old laptop by todays standards but it is a well...
  9. Network issues when a game is launched.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network issues when a game is launched.: My computer is connected to a perfect internet connection and every website loads up insanely fast but when I open any game I have that uses WIFI I instantly get 500 ping and get logged out. **Original Title** Internet Connection...
  10. window 10 update network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    window 10 update network issue: just got latest win 10 update. all worked before update nothing has changed on my network now my other network computers not visible in networks or file explorer. can ping all just cannot use computer name, appears to be a local DNS problem. not using a dns server just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4493464 issue network sharing