Windows 10: Network machines missing in Explorer

Discus and support Network machines missing in Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 5 computers and 4 are running Windows 10. The machine I use as the main one I upgraded from Windows 7 ULT to Win 10 and have had little trouble... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pendaws, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Pendaws Win User

Network machines missing in Explorer

I have 5 computers and 4 are running Windows 10. The machine I use as the main one I upgraded from Windows 7 ULT to Win 10 and have had little trouble but, my number 2 machine I added the insider preview 5 builds ago and since then, when trying to view all machines in explorer only the Computers come up yet, on the main machine no problem, all machines that are on the network show up. It's only a little thing but, it is annoying.

The pic on the left is the No 2 machine and the one on the right is the No 1 machine. I use assigned IP addresses on all the hardware that show up in No 1.

:)

Pendaws, Nov 6, 2015
  2. rjacobs77 Win User

Missing computers in Network

We too have had major issues with missing computer names in File Explorer after the 1511 update. What we've tried and generally failed at improving the situation with are as follows:

All ipconfig/netsh winsock/etc etc commands as administrator fail to resolve this issue. Machines with the 1511 update continue to be able to see only non-updated machines on the network and disappear to the
    updated machines while visible and accessible to the non-1511 updated Windows 10 machines. Our network is both wired and wireless and all network devices have the most recent drivers. The only thing that returns full network functionality with visible machine
    names in File Explorer is a rollback of each device to pre-1511 Windows 10. Further note - the non-appearing machines without names in File Explorer in the updated machines can be brought up and accessed using the run \\ip command, though only for the machines
    on the wired network, but this is a very cumbersome workaround.

rjacobs77, Nov 6, 2015
  3. rjacobs77 Win User
    Windows 10 November Update - cannot see other network devices

So this is patch No. 3 for the continuing missing machines/shares problem on File Explorer on Windows 10 with the 1511 update -and it works - at least for now - to make them all visible. Thanks to KRL on the Window 10 Forum site for the solution.

Go into Computer Management on the machine that is has disappeared from File Explorer, then Services, then drill down to "Function Discovery Resource Publication". It may show as running already. If not, start it. If not, stop the service, and then restart
    it. Make sure startup is set as Automatic. You should see that machine immediately from all the others on the network workgroup. I tried this yesterday and it worked. After a full network shutdown last night, all machines on the network workgroup are once
    again visible and accessible this morning.

rjacobs77, Nov 6, 2015
  4. Pendaws Win User

The No 2 machine I upgraded today with build 10586 too.

Pendaws, Nov 6, 2015
  5. Pendaws Win User
    Anyone got an idea? PLEASE. *Smile

Pendaws, Nov 9, 2015
  6. davexnet Win User
    Just basic troubleshooting:
    can you ping or access the missing computers from the RUN box using \\pc_name\

davexnet, Nov 9, 2015
  7. Pendaws Win User
    Yes I can, it just seems strange that it only happens on the machine I am using for Insider builds.
    Even more so since I added the latest 10586?

Pendaws, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Network machines missing in Explorer - Similar Threads - Network machines missing

2. Map Network Drive option missing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Map Network Drive option missing in File Explorer: I can't get map network drive to show up in file explorer. I'm on This PC and select the three dots, but there is no option to map a network drive. Any ideas as google doesn't help. I'm running this:Edition Windows 11 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎5/‎17/‎2022OS build...
  3. Map Network Drive option missing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Map Network Drive option missing in File Explorer: I can't get map network drive to show up in file explorer. I'm on This PC and select the three dots, but there is no option to map a network drive. Any ideas as google doesn't help. I'm running this:Edition Windows 11 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎5/‎17/‎2022OS build...
  4. Missing network Pc in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing network Pc in file explorer: I have 3 PC’s running windows 10 pro. Each one has Quick books installed, with 1 of the 3 hosting the company file for QB. This network is a private ethernet network and has been working fine since it was set up. The problem is thst i wanted to share additional files between...
  5. Missing api-ms-win-core DLLs - OFF Network Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing api-ms-win-core DLLs - OFF Network Machine: Hello, I am building an off-network test station that will run Windows 10. However, the software it'll be running needs the api-ms-win-core DLLs there was a very long list and they are showing as "missing." Because I cannot plug this up to the internet and do a Windows...
  6. Missing Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing Explorer: I have Windows 10. my Internet Explorer Missing I don't see it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-explorer/ffeef898-9158-44fb-84dc-01569558f088
  7. Virtual Machine networking question file explorer + vmware

Virtual Machine networking question file explorer + vmware: Yep, as per my recent post history - im having a good run with networking stuff >< So my main pc and other pcs all show up in network when i turn them on, disappear when i turn them off, great! However any of my vm's when turned on appear properly, but when I turn them off...
  8. Explorer missing a network device

Explorer missing a network device: Hi, Missing network device - EXTERNALDRIVE Since the last Windows 10 update which I installed on Dec. 9 I am missing one devices in Explorer > Network on one of three network computers. They are all present on the other two computers. One of these is Windows 10., the other...
  9. Missing network

Missing network: Hi, for past 20-something hours i've been testing win10 in various ways. There are two issues i encountered so far. One, i mention Here, and the seccond one is network-related, which i'm gonna describe now. So I decided to make a clean install of win10 (via upgrade) so i...
  10. Icons missing when on the Network tab in explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons missing when on the Network tab in explorer: If I single click the network tab (so it's not fully opened like below) I can see the items. But when it's fully opened they're missing. Not sure why. [img] 62046