Windows 10: Network map as in Win7?

Discus and support Network map as in Win7? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know I've asked this before (and I'll probably ask it again in a few months*Sad). Has anyone found a 3rd party tool to replace the deleted Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pokeefe0001, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Network map as in Win7?

I know I've asked this before (and I'll probably ask it again in a few months*Sad). Has anyone found a 3rd party tool to replace the deleted Windows full network map?

I know the Windows tool was not perfect, but it provided a lot of information for each found device (MAC address, IPv4 addrs, IPv6 addrs, etc.). The topology displayed was not always accurate, but it gave an approximation of what was connected to what.

SoftPerfect's NetScan is pretty good, but I'd be willing to pay for a tool that is closer to the old Windows tool. NetScan at least understands IPv6. Many otherwise useful tools don't.

Has anyone heard why Windows dropped it?

:)

pokeefe0001, Mar 26, 2016

2. cannot map my sharepoint 365 as a network drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, we will assist you to solve this issue.

I would suggest you to post your question in the TechNet Forums, where we have support professionals, who are well equipped with the knowledge on
    this issues.

Technet forums - Windows 10 IT Pro

Please feel free to contact us if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Mar 26, 2016
  3. cannot map my sharepoint 365 as a network drive

I recently upgraded to Windows 10

Since the upgrade I am no longer able to map my SharePoint 365 drive as a network drive

Is this a problem with compatibility between Microsoft Edge and SharePoint 365?

Is there a way to map to the SharePoint 365 drive?

DanNierste, Mar 26, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

Network map as in Win7?

I replied to your last thread

Softperfect understands IPv6

Network map as in Win7? [​IMG]

Also another more comprehensive scanner called Zenmap which is GUI for Nmap

It also has what's called a topology view which separate's the network into ping times , As you can see below my ping times are relatively the same so there is only one circle.

sml156, Mar 26, 2016
  5. I installed ZenMap / NMap and tried it. It (obviously) goes far beyond the old Windows Network Map, doing port scans, etc. I know that it's for, but that's not exactly what I'm looking for. And, as near as I can tell, it doesn't have an autodiscovery. (I know. That's not what it's for.)

SoftPerfect's NetScan does have an autodiscovery and seems to find everything that Windows shows in the Network part of File Explorer. I'll probably keep with it until something better comes along.

pokeefe0001, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Network map as in Win7?

1. Network map as in Win7? - Similar Threads - Network map Win7

2. Win7 network adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 network adapters: Having difficulty upgrading Win7 to Win10, believe issue is with network adapters, not sure which one. Under Device Manager, I'm seeing:Broadcom 802.11n Network AdapterMicrosoft Virtual WiFi Miniport AdapterRealtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Youtube video suggests this is the...
  3. Win7 network adapters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win7 network adapters: Having difficulty upgrading Win7 to Win10, believe issue is with network adapters, not sure which one. Under Device Manager, I'm seeing:Broadcom 802.11n Network AdapterMicrosoft Virtual WiFi Miniport AdapterRealtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Youtube video suggests this is the...
  4. Mapping Network Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapping Network Drives: Both my PC and my Wife's laptop are running Win 11 with no problems.I managed to map the laptop C drive to my PC but when I tried the other way around I accidentally mapped my public drive to her laptop.I have unmapped it; however, when I try to map my C drive to her laptop,...
  5. Mapping a network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapping a network drive: I am trying to map a network drive from one Windows 10 PC to a shared USB drive on another Windows 10 PC. I have two USB drives in this PC. One I can share successfully. When I try to map to the other one it keeps asking for Windows credentials. I have password protected...
  6. network mapping

network mapping: How can I see device connections via routers and switches in Win10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-mapping/a0a09ab4-3d73-4824-b9fb-75140cfd7992
  7. Networking Win10 with Win7

Networking Win10 with Win7: how to connect a win 10 pc with a win 7 pc in a local network via wifi ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networking-win10-with-win7/31128bd4-e0ca-434b-9f02-73990826111c
  8. map networking

map networking: how do I map network my music folder it says I don't have permission when I set it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/map-networking/e24cbbc4-1c76-43dc-b225-072d4e0e682e
  9. Map Network drive

Map Network drive: Having an issue with mapping network drive with my local Netgear device. The id/password for attaching to the netgear device is local to the device and is not joined to a domain. My windows 10 laptop is joined to a domain. When I try to map a drive, such as...
  10. Map A Network Loction

Map A Network Loction: I was mapping a network location I got as far up as the password because I put my password in but then it said "The specified network password is incorrect" when it is the correct password. Windows 10...