Windows 10: Network Map not showing all network machines

Discus and support Network Map not showing all network machines in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have just upgraded 4 W7 machines to W10 to add to our 8 pc LAN. On checking the network map only the same 3 of the 8 are showing. I have pinged with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by richnich, Oct 7, 2015.

1. richnich Win User

Network Map not showing all network machines

I have just upgraded 4 W7 machines to W10 to add to our 8 pc LAN. On checking the network map only the same 3 of the 8 are showing. I have pinged with IP and name and obtained a result, also checked advanced sharing settings and all correct and same as existing machines. The network is set to private. Any suggestions how I can get these machines to show the full network map

:)

richnich, Oct 7, 2015
  2. Enosgl Win User

Network computers not showing in workgroup, but net use map o.k.

I have upgraded to Win 10 Pro on 2 machines on a network of 9. They are on a simple "workgroup", not on a domain or homegroup. On the 7 Win 7 Pro machines, ALL machines display. On the 2 Win 10 Pro machines, only that particular machine, and one or 2 other
    random machines show on the network map. I have poured over the network settings, and from what I see, all is as it should be. I can go to "Net Use . . ." at a command prompt, and am able to map any computer\drive on the network, but they do NOT show on the
    network. At this point, I am almost ready to restore the Windows 7 os, but don't want to quit just yet. It seems a lot of users are experiencing similar Win 10 network problems, but no consistent solutions. Any suggestions are appreciated, as I would like
    to either go all in with the other machine, or roll these back and stick with 7. Thanks!

Enosgl, Oct 7, 2015
  3. JNMandel Win User
    Home network on Updated Windows machine

The desktop machine connects to the internet, and occasionally to one of the network printers.

I have a Linksys NSLU2 Storage server and a D-Link DNS-320 Storage servers on my home office network. I cannot connect to ANY of the mapped drives attached to these servers, since around 6 weeks ago. ALL other Windows 7 machines on the network have NO problems
    either wirelessly or connected by cable. Right after I did the free update from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on this ONE machine, ALL networking, (Printers, scanners, and mapped network drives), were available on this machine. Suddenly, around 6 weeks ago, the
    ONLY thing available on the network was the internet. All other networked devices show up, but the message always come up, "Drive/printer/??? cannot reconnect"!

Was there an update which broke these connections?

JNMandel, Oct 7, 2015
Thema:

Network Map not showing all network machines

1. Network Map not showing all network machines - Similar Threads - Network Map showing

2. Map Drive not showing on network computers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Map Drive not showing on network computers.: Hi,I'm trying to add a mapped drive on a pc that we are using as a basic file server. The pc already has shared folders which are accessible from all pc's without issue. The only reason we require the mapped drive is that one item of software is having issues without...
  3. Map Drive not showing on network computers.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Map Drive not showing on network computers.: Hi,I'm trying to add a mapped drive on a pc that we are using as a basic file server. The pc already has shared folders which are accessible from all pc's without issue. The only reason we require the mapped drive is that one item of software is having issues without...
  4. Map Drive not showing on network computers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. "Map network drive" button not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Map network drive" button not showing: I want to add a network drive. So I open Windows Explorer, click "This PC" and "the three dots".But I see no option for adding a drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/map-network-drive-button-not-showing/1dd7d87b-033f-4c89-afef-4f46a7187b78
  6. "Map network drive" button not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Map network drive" button not showing: I want to add a network drive. So I open Windows Explorer, click "This PC" and "the three dots".But I see no option for adding a drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/map-network-drive-button-not-showing/1dd7d87b-033f-4c89-afef-4f46a7187b78
  7. network mapping

network mapping: How can I see device connections via routers and switches in Win10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-mapping/a0a09ab4-3d73-4824-b9fb-75140cfd7992
  8. map networking

map networking: how do I map network my music folder it says I don't have permission when I set it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/map-networking/e24cbbc4-1c76-43dc-b225-072d4e0e682e
  9. Can't see W10 machine in networking view but *can* map a network drive

Can't see W10 machine in networking view but *can* map a network drive: Hello! I've got two Windows 10(home) machines on the same LAN at my house. The NAS machine has a large HDD which I'd like to use a part of to relocate my Google Drive folder to(50GB!). Anyway, I have sharing turned on for the folder on the NAS machine, but that machine does...
  10. Map network drive for all users?

Map network drive for all users?: Is there a way to map a network drive for all users? Thanks in advance for any and all insight. 84094