Windows 10: Network mess after last creator update

Discus and support Network mess after last creator update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; With the last update Microsoft created areal network mess. Before the update I could see and access all shared folders on the connected PC's in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sliding, Oct 26, 2017.

1. sliding Win User

Network mess after last creator update

With the last update Microsoft created areal network mess.
    Before the update I could see and access all shared folders on the connected PC's in the LAN .
    Now I don't see them most of the time or disappear after a while, but the most strange thing is that when I the other
    PC's shared folders listed under "Network" are visible and accessible, the listed shares from folders on the PC that I am
    working on are NOT accessible at all.

After clicking the share, Explorer shows (no respons) in the title bar, meanwhile the cursor shows being busy and the after more than 40 seconds an Network error message shows. No acces to \\PCNAME\Music files
    Error code: 0x80070035
    Cannot find network path

Well, the creator update is a true creator, regarding the network a real mess *Mad

Renewed some of the shares, with access for everybody, RW and full management.
    Now when clicking the listed shares under Network, the contents got listed, but....
    after clicking one of the not renewed shares, long waiting until the error message and
    then clicking one of the renewed that worked before, same problem occurs, message no access.

For now I give up, waiting until MS solves this mess

:)

sliding, Oct 26, 2017
  2. Bobc10000 Win User

Just a moment

My laptop has been reloaded 3 times in the last 3 months. The last time it messed up was after it downloaded the Creators Pack for Windows 10. As soon as that happened the problems really started happening. The store I bought my computer from has disabled
    the download of the Creators pack but some of the issues still occur.

Bobc10000, Oct 26, 2017
  3. Windows 10 game stuttering

It is solved with the last windows update, the rig works as it should have been been working half a year before. Network mess after last creator update :) I hope microsoft won't mess this up with the new Creators update. Cheeers...

KenjiSamato, Oct 26, 2017
  4. Neemobeer Win User

I would start by pinging said computer to verify it's up. Then try to connect to the share root \\COMPUTERNAME or \\IPADDRESS and verify the shares are visible.

Neemobeer, Oct 26, 2017
  5. sliding Win User
    Point is, it worked before without problems
    I see the shares from other Pc's in the LAN and can access them.
    What I cannot solve is the the shares on my working PC are visible under "Network"
    but when trying to acces by clicking on them I get the error.
    From the other PC's in the LAN \\MYCOMPUTER is visible but not the shares, while they were accesible
    before this last "creative" update.

sliding, Oct 26, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Try mapping to those folders that you want to always connect to. Make sure to check to reconnect on login, username and password in Windows Passwords. The FCU has nothing to do with what is going on. Changes to removing SMBv1 (Legacy), is why people are running into issues. Also use the IP not the name of the device. The best thing to do instead of sharing folders between computers, is to get a NAS and use that for shared files, instead of the same one between different machines.

bro67, Oct 26, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    The issue is with the security changes Microsoft made with removing SMBv1 and tightening up network security in Windows. People just need to catch up and if you do troubleshooting, you do it from in Command or Powershell to see if the shares are showing up for the workgroup, along with if your computer is the Samba Master.

bro67, Oct 26, 2017
  8. Neemobeer Win User

Well if the computer with the shares is Vista or newer it won't be using SMBv1. A quick wireshark capture would tell us what smb version is in use with an smb or smb2 display filter.

Neemobeer, Oct 26, 2017
  9. bro67 Win User
    Too much work for the OP. If thry have not gone in to disable SMBv1, it needs to be done.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Network mess after last creator update - Similar Threads - Network mess last

2. Task bar and File explorer colors messed up after last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar and File explorer colors messed up after last update: I did the Windows 10 Version 2004 update this morning and it changed ALL of my personalized settings. Everything was sort of gray. I was able to get the photo back as my wallpaper. I had to redo my browser FireFox menu bar settings - they were all changed. But now I can't...
  3. Last Update Messed Up My Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Last Update Messed Up My Computer: I'm just fed up with dealing with these things and thought I'd pose a question here. Everything was fine until the last Windows 10 update. Now: - My computer wakes up literally every night unless I shut it down every time - When I get up in the morning and it has...
  4. OldNewExplorer problem after creator's update

in Windows 10 Customization
    OldNewExplorer problem after creator's update: Hi guys! when I install the old new explorer , thw folders disappear. I use a custom theme and I have this problem after installing the new update. has anyone else similar issue? Thanks in advance! [img] 82290
  5. Network problem after windows 10 fall creator update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network problem after windows 10 fall creator update: My pc is going through a weird problem after the update. I have a personal hotspot device that I connect to to PC via USB tethering. It used to work fine but after this update it connects and opens websites like GOOGLE, FACEBOOK but fails to load other website. However all...
  6. Creators Update and Networking settings

Creators Update and Networking settings: I have a client who's point of sale software runs on Windows 10 Pro, and yes I know they should be using Windows Server but that changeover isn't going to be happening for a while. When this machine had the anniversary update installed last year, it reset all the networking...
  7. Lost DVD player after last Creators update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost DVD player after last Creators update: Have a Sata DVD player (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS40 SCSI CdRom Device) that will not recognized cd's/dvd's after successful Fall Creators Update. The DVD is HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS40 SCSI CdRom Device.....working fine prior to update. It is recognized in Windows and Windows...
  8. Windows creator update messed up my homegroup and network

Windows creator update messed up my homegroup and network: hi, I believe my network was messed up by installing Windows 10 creator update. Now, I am running Windows 10 fall creator, but unfortunately the problem remains. I have a small network consisting of of a single desktop and a single laptop both running Windows 10 fall...
  9. Can't boot after Creator's Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot after Creator's Update: I'm not sure what happened but few hours after the update, I could no longer boot the laptop. The displayed message is "reboot and select proper boot device". I am able to enter setup and confirm it is UEFI boot and the hard disk is listed. I am also able to boot from USB and...
  10. Myriad of issues after Creator update

in Windows 10 Support
    Myriad of issues after Creator update: Hey folks, I have been having some rather annoying issued as of installing the Creator update. These issues include: -Incredibly slow boot time -Disk usage maxing out whenever a program is launched -Incredibly slow browser speeds (Using Waterfox. Chrome seems to function...