Windows 10: Network missing from taskbar - grayed out in settings

Discus and support Network missing from taskbar - grayed out in settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello TenForum users, I noticed this afternoon (after a reboot) that I was missing some icons from my taskbar. I am missing an HP Beats Audio button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Demodude123, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Network missing from taskbar - grayed out in settings

Hello TenForum users,

I noticed this afternoon (after a reboot) that I was missing some icons from my taskbar. I am missing an HP Beats Audio button and the Wifi logo. This is all I see with all icons being forced to show:

Network missing from taskbar - grayed out in settings [​IMG]

I read online that if you go to "Turn system icons on or off" you can re-enable it. I figured I would give it a shot. Unfortunately it is grayed out:

The only thing I changed since my last reboot is I installed VirtualBox, (which is the most likely cause) and uninstalling Avast! SafeBrowser or something to that effect. Avast! is installing programs without telling me, but that's a whole other subject.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks.

:)

Demodude123, Mar 23, 2016
  2. Mano_24 Win User

Network icon missin after Windows 10 Upgrade

Original Title: network icon missing in taskbar

After upgrade to windows 10, most of the times the network icon is missing from task bar. In notifications and actions under settings, the network button is grayed out. When I restart pc several times, then the issue resolves. Is there any solution for this.

Mano_24, Mar 23, 2016
  3. FredBoard Win User
    Battery icon missing

After upgrading to Windows 10 the battery/charging icon is missing from the system tray. Under Settings, System, Notifications & actions, Turn system icons on or off, the Power switch is grayed out. In the Notifications & actions, Select which icons appear
    on the taskbar, the Power icon is on but does not show in the taskbar.

Is a solution forthcoming?

FredBoard, Mar 23, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Network missing from taskbar - grayed out in settings

Use this Win 7 tutorial.
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...e-disable.html
    Yes. It is still applicable to Win 10.
    I used it at least 3 times when NetWork and Volume were missing from the system tray.
    Last time I used it was yesterday. Volume icon was missing.

Go to Option Two
    5. To Enable the Network Icon
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below.Enable_Network_Notification_Icon.reg

Then continue to step #11 to #15.

Make sure you restart the computer to complete the process.

davidhk, Mar 23, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    In fact I save these 2 reg files ( Network and Volume ) on my desktop so I can use them immediately when they go missing again.

davidhk, Mar 23, 2016
  6. Thanks! I have the network button back now after that! Glad to see it works in Windows 10 as well.

Demodude123, Mar 23, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome.

Keep that tutorial on file. You will need it.

davidhk, Mar 23, 2016
  8. Network missing from taskbar - grayed out in settings

Restarting Windows Explorer from Task Manager also resolves the issue:

guvensenan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Network missing from taskbar - grayed out in settings

1. Network missing from taskbar - grayed out in settings - Similar Threads - Network missing taskbar

2. Nightlight settings are grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nightlight settings are grayed out: My Nightlight is greyed out. The video driver is up to date. So I've tried this instruction. And I've found out that there are no such keys in this folder. What should I do next? Can I create these keys somehow and delete them thereafter? Please help, my eyes are in real pain...
  3. Network adapter is missing from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapter is missing from Taskbar: Network adapter is missing from the Taskbar this issue happen after recent windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-adapter-is-missing-from-taskbar/8da2b330-0b77-4b56-80bf-1ff350a35437
  4. Network adapter is missing from taskbar

Network adapter is missing from taskbar: Network adapter is missing from taskbar after windows 10 update and i can't connect with any device with network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-adapter-is-missing-from-taskbar/912a1f4a-3d9c-4246-8a2b-5e24e57b6534
  5. Network adapter is missing from taskbar

Network adapter is missing from taskbar: My network adapter is missing from taskbar after windows 10 update and i am not able to connect with internet or any device in network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-adapter-is-missing-from-taskbar/c997e059-1397-4833-8d2d-dac8f8b59208
  6. Network adapter is missing from taskbar

Network adapter is missing from taskbar: After recent update my network adapter is missing from taskbar please help me to resolve this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-adapter-is-missing-from-taskbar/39316e8f-f2f6-479f-bcba-f744c7037845
  7. Icons in the Taskbar settings are all grayed out

Icons in the Taskbar settings are all grayed out: [ATTACH] The screenshot above is currently what showing inside the Taskbar settings. I already tried disabling/uninstall then reinstall the "Microsoft AC adapter" as well as the "Microsoft ACPI- Compliant Control Method Battery but it was no good. I also tried deleting...
  8. Taskbar color setting grayed out

Taskbar color setting grayed out: I use a special color bright orange on my title bar and taskbar. The taskbar has suddenly turned white, and the Personalization/System/Display/Colors switch is grayed and unusable. I've rebooted several times, and I've run "chkdsk /f", but nothing changes.Why, and how do I...
  9. Network icon missing from taskbar

Network icon missing from taskbar: there use to be a white dot on the bottom taskbar and clicking on it would make connection with the internet. Now I do not find that whit dot. What is the way, or icon that makes connection? ***Title modified from: I have difficulty signing onto the internet. Is there a...
  10. Taskbar network icon missing ( greyed out)

Taskbar network icon missing ( greyed out): Hi Have tried fixes as described in other posts. Tried enable_network_notification reg bat file. Task bar system icons for network and power are greyed out. Internet working fine but says no connection... IPv4 & 6 not connected. ( ethernet connection) Seems to be since...