Windows 10: Network Monitor application - whats a good one?

Discus and support Network Monitor application - whats a good one? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'd like to see displayed in real time, what programs on my computer are accessing the internet, and the IP addresses they are trying to access. Both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bansaw, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Bansaw Win User

Network Monitor application - whats a good one?

I'd like to see displayed in real time, what programs on my computer are accessing the internet, and the IP addresses they are trying to access.
    Both outgoing and incoming.
    Is there a good (hopefully freeware) app that will show me that info?

:)

Bansaw, Jul 11, 2016
  2. Entegy Win User

Whats a good password for a Microsoft account?

hunter2

In all seriousness, is the issue you've forgotten your password? Does the forgot password tool help you? I assume you've created another account to post here?

Entegy, Jul 11, 2016
  3. Whats a good password for a Microsoft account?

When reset my phone is when I started problems I wanted to unclutter my phone that's why I reset my phone. On the phone, they never explain how strong, or what they want as part of the password.

Deborah Tully

DeborahTully, Jul 11, 2016
  4. ARC1020 Win User

'Resource Monitor' which is built into Windows will give you that info without any third-party software (Start Button > All Apps > Windows Administrative Tools > Resource Monitor).

As an alternative, some people may prefer the interface of TCPView by Sysinternals (which is a portable app), as it's a simple interface and it will also give status of the connection too (for example, in the below screenshot it would show that Music.UI.exe is in a CLOSE_WAIT state, rather than an ESTABLISHED state, which Resource Monitor doesn't show).

Network Monitor application - whats a good one? [​IMG]

ARC1020, Jul 11, 2016
  5. sml156 Win User
    I have used a few network monitors, This one from Nir Sofer is easy to use.
    Wireless Network Watcher v1.98 Description

Wireless Network Watcher is a small utility that scans your wireless network and displays the list of all computers and devices that are currently connected to your network.
    For every computer or device that is connected to your network, the following information is displayed: IP address, MAC address, the company that manufactured the network card, and optionally the computer name.
    You can also export the connected devices list into html/xml/csv/text file, or copy the list to the clipboard and then paste into Excel or other spreadsheet application.

sml156, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Network Monitor application - whats a good one? - Similar Threads - Network Monitor application

2. What is a good application for searching Windows file contents?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is a good application for searching Windows file contents?: Hello What is a good application for searching the contents (not just the file names) of Windows 10 files? I am looking for an alternative to X1 Search. I want something that indexes all my files and therefore has fast results. J 179319
  3. What is a good application for searching Windows file contents?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is a good application for searching Windows file contents?: Hello What is a good application for searching the contents (not just the file names) of Windows 10 files? I am looking for an alternative to X1 Search. I want something that indexes all my files and therefore has fast results. J 179319
  4. Here's A Good One

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Here's A Good One: When my window starts up, I always (most of the time) go to the start button to look at something. But I've noticed lately that because I"m using Classic Start, that the button doesn't change to the button I want. So how can I tell Windows that on boot up, I want this button...
  5. What is a good free application to open .rar files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is a good free application to open .rar files?: What is a good free application to open .rar files? I would like some suggestions from the experts of reddit. submitted by /u/julius_33 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gou033/what_is_a_good_free_application_to_open_rar_files/
  6. Whats a Good Seedbox?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Whats a Good Seedbox?: Hi guys, Looks like seedboxes are more secure than vpns. Which seedboxes are good but cheap? I also read that you can "root" a seedbox. What exactly does that mean? . 145164
  7. What is a good cpu with a good onboard gpu?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What is a good cpu with a good onboard gpu?: I don't need a separate graphics card, a long time ago I stopped playing multi-player online video games where the user that has the most expensive hardware, the fastest internet and the best cheating software always wins. If I want to make myself feel bad, I will play...
  8. Network consumption by the Pico application - what is the application?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Network consumption by the Pico application - what is the application?: I noticed in the details of the network consumption a program that I do not recognize and which I can not find - it's called Pico and looks like some Windows process, because you can not see its path after hovering over the cursor. Does anyone know what it is? [ATTACH]...
  9. How to monitor if some user change application settings for one application

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to monitor if some user change application settings for one application: I am admin for small network, and I have few users running 1 application. I have restricted changes to application setting only to Admin, but I still want to monitor if someone make any changes to setting. How can I setup monitoring to get email for application setting...
  10. one good one bad

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    one good one bad: I have two pc's running W10, one updated to 10049 while I was having dinner by itself without any help from me so I started up the other and set it to update and its been a disaster. At the moment, if I switch it on, eventually I get a message saying please insert your...