Windows 10: Network not working for online games and Steam.

Discus and support Network not working for online games and Steam. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. Let begin with the beginning. I have changed my router. Is a 'FritzBox fon WLAN 7170'. First i connected, it was all good, i tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cataclysm, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Cataclysm Win User

Network not working for online games and Steam.

Hello.

Let begin with the beginning.
    I have changed my router. Is a 'FritzBox fon WLAN 7170'. First i connected, it was all good, i tried to connect to browser and it was good. Then i tried to connect Steam. "Could not connect to the steam network, either check your connection and click 'Retry' or start Steam in offline mode."
    I looked up for the probem, tried to:
    - start the shortcut with -tcp
    - turn the firewall off
    - remove Steam from processes
    - uninstall Steam and install it again.
    - delete all files from Steam (without steamapps folder)

I tried other games online, they don't work either...

I saw that video - Fritz!Box Firewall Port forwarding - YouTube (is 3:22 minutes long, if you want to watch it)
    I saw on the internet i can connect to the router settings with WIFI connection and i can't connect (CMD - ipconfig - Default Gateway in the browser).

Do i need to port forwoard all of them ?
    Is the Dynamic DNS the case?
    Why is the IPV6 with "No network access"? -

Network not working for online games and Steam. [​IMG]

Is the IPV6 important for online games?
    Do i need to set IPV6 ON?
    If i need, how do i do it?

I know that the network is the problem because i tried to connect to steam with my Laptop and it was the same.

Thanks for every reply and for every person that is trying to help... I have this problem for so long...

:)

Cataclysm, Feb 2, 2016

2. WiFi connected but no internet access, "Network Has Stopped Working" keeps popping up

Update: Steam works (to some degree). I can see which friends are online, and when they're playing a specific game. However, I can't access my inventory or the Steam store/community.

Also, I tried disabling the "network" processes in the startup tab, but I still get the window saying "network has stopped working" even after restarting.

TehRektAngle, Feb 2, 2016
  3. sid meier's civilzation 4 not working on windows 10

No trying compatibility mode via troubleshooter still fails. Mine states catastrophic failure. When searching via Steam Online, it takes you to R2K (owner of game) they state they are not compatible with Windows 10. I would HOPE that Microsoft and Steam
    Online would resolve this issue as this is a FAILURE of SIGNIFICANT operating system to work with the gaming community. Please get your software people together to fix this FAILURE. Symptoms, Steam opens fine, but when game movie splash finishes the game
    crashes Steam Online thinks we are playing when in fact no game time is enjoyed.

FredFredricksen, Feb 2, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

IPv6 is used by Homegroup. As for your problems, Firewall or Gateway is the culprit.

bro67, Feb 2, 2016
  5. Cataclysm Win User
    Someone know how to set it to work?
    Because i'm not that guy and i'm gonna mess it up...
    Thanks

Cataclysm, Feb 3, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    If you are talking about Port Forwarding, you can go to portforward.com and pull the manual for your Gateway, have a tutorial that walks you through opening up the ports that you need, in case that is the problem.

IPv6 should be enabled on your Gateway. If not, you need to enable it. On the computer under Properties for the Screen shot you posted. Just make sure that IPv6 is also listed and set for Automatic for DHCP.

If you get stuck post the screen shot of the problem.

The Steam main Gui, should be already set up properly. If you are running a Firewall or Internet Security software. Make sure that you "Trust" your LAN. Also the rules are active for the Steam game, etc..

bro67, Feb 4, 2016
  7. Cataclysm Win User
    I just get stuck by reading all of it...
    Let me see..
    - I don't know how to set to "trust" my LAN
    - I don't know if is anything wrong with my computer because i was running on an another network and it was working well, and then it was something wrong because the router was too old, and when we changed the router (not sure if just the router) and then this router comes out, and i can't do nothing with it. I can't play any online games, and the Torrent don't find 'persons' and i can't download anything from Torrent. Also, is not just for Steam, is for every game.
    - I don't know how to check if my IPv6 is listed and set for Automatic for DHCP....

And how do i enter the routers settings, it won't let me connect to the settings. I'm not connected with a Ethernet cable, is that why it won't let me connect it?

If anyone can answer my questions, please do it....... I'm so frustrated, nothing goes so good and now this.....

Cataclysm, Feb 5, 2016
  8. Cataclysm Win User

I don't know if that helps but, i tried to plug in the Ethernet cable and it was working fine. But without it i have that problem. How do i fix it?

Cataclysm, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Network not working for online games and Steam. - Similar Threads - Network working online

2. Steam Update - Steam Needs to be online to update. Check your network settings and try again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Steam Update - Steam Needs to be online to update. Check your network settings and try again: I recently downloaded steam, every time I try to open it it says it needs to do an update. Well every time I run this update it says that "Steam needs to be online to update. Check your network settings and try again" I have checked and my wifi is fine, I've deleted the app...
  3. Slow Online Gaming and Brightness not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Online Gaming and Brightness not working: I have no idea what has happened to my PC. I used to get fast Online gaming speeds, then i updated to Windows 10 Pro. I realized I immediately got fast browsing but, EXTREMELY slow Online gaming. The brightness on my PC is at the max and when I attempt to turn it down, it...
  4. Unable to connect to online games such as in steam etc

Unable to connect to online games such as in steam etc: Recently I built this new computer, everything seemed fine. I can browse the internet with fast speeds etc. however I am unable to play online games in applications such as steam or origin. When I restart I am sometimes able to connect to csgo servers for 5 minutes or so but...
  5. Steam and other games won't download/work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Steam and other games won't download/work.: Hello dear redditors! I woukd require your help. My brother got a new PC and windows 10 enterprise on it. The thing is when he tries to download steam a error pops up saying "Please check your connection steam needs to be online to update." and when I try to download League...
  6. Steam Game Shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam Game Shortcuts not working: Since first installing 1903 as release preview I've found that Steam game shortcuts aren't working properly. This is despite a clean install on the release of 1903. Not sure what's going on. 133323
  7. Steam Game Shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Steam Game Shortcuts not working: Since first installing 1903 as release preview I've found that Steam game shortcuts aren't working properly. This is despite a clean install on the release of 1903. Not sure what's going on. 133323
  8. issues with my network and online games

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    issues with my network and online games: recently when I try to click hyperlinks they don't load sayin that it cant seem to reach the page would you like to search it on bing and when I say do so it tries to load and goes hmmm cant seem to load would you like to load bing using bing. but if I take that same link and...
  9. work offline / work online button with network location

work offline / work online button with network location: I have a network drive, which I set up to save a copy of a folder for offline use using the instructions here: Working with network files when you are offline - Windows Help I am not able to find any option for setting the drive to work online or work offline. I did...
  10. Windows using network while gaming online

Windows using network while gaming online: It happens from time to time but it's really annoying. I don't wanna mess with system settings but god I have to disable something or rollback to Windows 8.1 . My system is brand new and I left it alone the first 2 days so it could update and don't bother me but still it...