Windows 10: network password

Discus and support network password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a problem with wireless connection cannot connect to a network and do no know where to find my network password 26843 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lorry86, Oct 17, 2015.

1. lorry86 Win User

network password

I have a problem with wireless connection cannot connect to a network and do no know where to find my network password

:)

lorry86, Oct 17, 2015

2. Network passwords

Thank you very much. Cable company indeed had reset passwords on 2 networks, without my knowledge, when I called about another issue with connection a couple of weeks prior. Grrrrrr!!

RobertCobb, Oct 17, 2015
  3. JoeD1996 Win User
    Network Password

I found my internet password by going to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections, double click your connection and click wireless properties, click security. on network security key click show characters. This is the one I was looking for,
    but that did not help my problem, Now that I have the password for my connection I still get an error " the user name or password are incorrect" ,when I try to access one of my other computers over the network, using the network credentials to access it.

JoeD1996, Oct 17, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

network password

Your specs say you have a Inspiron Desktop? What kind of wireless device are you using with the Desktop, built-in WiFi, PCIO add-in WiFi or a USB WiFi adapter?

Where is the WiFi signal coming from? ISP supplied modem or do you have your own router. If router, you can reset it then set it up again and set the password.

Ztruker, Oct 18, 2015
  5. lorry86 Win User
    I have a modem that has Wi Fi, I get Wi Fi connected but when I go back to computer it is not connected but I still do not have a network

lorry86, Oct 18, 2015
  6. bro67 Win User
    Do you know what the Wifi Passphrase is?

bro67, Oct 18, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    You still didn't answer my question.

Your specs say you have a Inspiron Desktop? What kind of wireless device are you using with the Desktop, built-in WiFi, PCI add-in WiFi card or a USB WiFi adapter?

Open Device Manager, expand Network Adapters then post a screen capture of it or tell us what devices it shows there.

For instance, on my Lenovo which has a built-in WiFi, it looks like this:

network password [​IMG]

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

network password

1. network password - Similar Threads - network password

2. Networking/Password issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Networking/Password issue: Here is the issueI have three PC's - Basement W10 Ethernet, Den W11 Ethernet & Laptop W11 Wi-Fi. Laptop & Den to Basement fine.All network sharing passwords are turned off.Pings go bothways and Laptop can see Den but not other way around.Den Windows 11 Home - Version...
  3. Networking/Password issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Networking/Password issue: Here is the issueI have three PC's - Basement W10 Ethernet, Den W11 Ethernet & Laptop W11 Wi-Fi. Laptop & Den to Basement fine.All network sharing passwords are turned off.Pings go bothways and Laptop can see Den but not other way around.Den Windows 11 Home - Version...
  4. Why does Microsoft Windows expose my personal and private wi-fi network password, share my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft Windows expose my personal and private wi-fi network password, share my...: Hello All:I believe that you will find as I did that the following information is NOT in line with the usual Microsoft Windows LIP-SERVICE - Oh, but all privacy and security choices are totally in your hands and in your control.When I log on to my internet provider's app for...
  5. Why does Microsoft Windows expose my personal and private wi-fi network password, share my...

Why does Microsoft Windows expose my personal and private wi-fi network password, share my...: Hello All:I believe that you will find as I did that the following information is NOT in line with the usual Microsoft Windows LIP-SERVICE - Oh, but all privacy and security choices are totally in your hands and in your control.When I log on to my internet provider's app for...
  6. i have done all the settings on pc but i am not able add password on network share on my...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i have done all the settings on pc but i am not able add password on network share on my...: i have done all the settings on pc but i am not able add password on network share on my network evryone is axcess my share please tell me the steps...
  7. i have done all the settings on pc but i am not able add password on network share on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have done all the settings on pc but i am not able add password on network share on my...: i have done all the settings on pc but i am not able add password on network share on my network evryone is axcess my share please tell me the steps...
  8. i have done all the settings on pc but i am not able add password on network share on my...

9. NO SECURITY TAB To view Network Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NO SECURITY TAB To view Network Password: Windows 10Cannot login to my network and can't view my password.My attempt ....Control panelNetwork/InternetView and Sharing CenterClick on NetworkWi-Fi stats boxWireless propertiesBUT NO SECURITY TAB.please help.What am I doing wrong or not doing right?Thank you very much...
  10. NO SECURITY TAB To view Network Password

NO SECURITY TAB To view Network Password: Windows 10Cannot login to my network and can't view my password.My attempt ....Control panelNetwork/InternetView and Sharing CenterClick on NetworkWi-Fi stats boxWireless propertiesBUT NO SECURITY TAB.please help.What am I doing wrong or not doing right?Thank you very much...