Windows 10: network print nothing prints

Discus and support network print nothing prints in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have network printer. I wanted to print documents from command prompt so I gave command net use LPT1 \\<machine>\<printer share> /yes to link... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by turbocborland, Mar 22, 2017.

1. network print nothing prints

I have network printer. I wanted to print documents from command prompt
    so I gave command
    net use LPT1 \\<machine>\<printer share> /yes

to link up network printer with LPT1

then using print command
    print /d:LPT1 document.txt

the printer pulls a paper, but it prints nothing

How do I fix this?

:)

turbocborland, Mar 22, 2017

2. Network HP 8625 not printing from Windows 10 laptop.

The HP laptop recognizes the printer and acts as if though it were printing and the print file goes away as though it had printed but nothing appears on the printer. The Laptop printed to the network HP 8625 when operating with Windows 8.1 but stopped
    printing when Windows 10 was installed. I have tried updating the print driver but to no avail. Can anyone help with this problem?

BillJensen911, Mar 22, 2017
  3. DPP58 Win User
    windows 10 does not recognize network printer

My Canon MX850 is hardwired to the network. I have the most recent driver installed. The network sees the printer and will even let me scan to it. But when I try to print, I get, "Printer is not responding." Running the troubleshooter clears anything
    spooling, but nothing ever prints. An 8.1 machine is also hardwired to the network. It faxes, scans, and prints fine.

DPP58, Mar 22, 2017
  4. network print nothing prints

how about trying the complete path: print /d:lpt1 c:\yourfolderhere\document.txt

play2mefish, Mar 23, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    lpt1 is normally a parallel port is your usb?

Samuria, Mar 23, 2017
  6. I typed full path of txt file and the printer pulls a paper but still not print anything.

I use networked printer but you can use USB printer with LPT1 if you link USB printer with net use

turbocborland, Mar 23, 2017
  7. Samuria Win User
    Often the problem is the printer need to communicate back to the pc and it cant as you not attached are you using spooler?

Samuria, Mar 23, 2017
  8. network print nothing prints

Well, the good news is (maybe) is I can duplicate the problem. I'll keep playing with this and see if I can come up with anything. I tried access my shared printer and changing print directly instead of spooling BUT, since it is connected by USB it will not allow me to change that. Anyway, I'll keep plugging away...

9. Ok, I successfully got it to print. Now for my setup. Printer (HP 4000) connected to my Windows 10 computer via tcp/ip port as my computer doesn't have a physical lpt port to use. I then "shared" the printer and turned off spooling and told it to print directly to the printer.

I then fired up my VMWARE and ran Windows 8.1 in a virtual window, typed in the net use lpt1: \\computername\sharename, then sent a print /d:lpt1 c:\test\printer.txt and received an error unable to initialize the printer.

I went back to Windows 10 Computer and told it to spool like normal. Went back to the Windows 8 Virtual and tried printing again, and it worked! It actually printed the garbage I had in the text file.

So it does work BUT, it would not print to my USB printer that is shared on my server (Windows 2012). But it would print using the shared printer on my Windows 10 computer. Hope this helps...let us know the outcome.

10. I disabled spool then I got unable to initialize error, I re-enabled spool, then still does not print anything.

11. How is the printer connected to the network? If it is connected directly to another computer on the network, is it connected via USB? If so, can you put the printer connected to the network via an ip address instead? That is how mine is connected when it worked.

12. If the printer is connected via USB, printing to the LPT1 port isnt going to work as the LPT1 points to a physical parallel port. You said that the computer you are on does not have a parallel port on it, so you cant use this method. IF you want to print something via command line, you have to find out what virtual USB printing port it is connected to. You will do this by:

Control Panel > Devices and Printers > (Printer you are trying to work with) > Right click and click on Printer Properties > Ports

The port that is highlighted and checked would be the port that needs to be used. Replace LPT1 with that port and try again.

ArazelEternal, Mar 23, 2017
  13. network print nothing prints

it is USB printer connected to IOgear print server which is wired with Ethernet cable to the router. the printer turns on and pulls paper when I give print command but nothing prints on

14. Do you have a way of finding out what the IP address of the print server is? Can you log into your router and look at the DHCP table?

ArazelEternal, Mar 24, 2017
  15. I think problem is not the connection. It pulls a paper. so the printer is connected to LPT1 it is communicating, but it prints nothing. so it might be rendering or something

turbocborland, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

network print nothing prints

1. network print nothing prints - Similar Threads - network print nothing

2. Printer only prints nothing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer only prints nothing: It is connected using cable and im seeing it online. Unfortunately, it only prints blank pages. I remove the papers and put it back again to try but no help at all. I have restarted my unit and the printer itself it didnt help as well. If there is something I need please help...
  3. Printer only prints nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer only prints nothing: It is connected using cable and im seeing it online. Unfortunately, it only prints blank pages. I remove the papers and put it back again to try but no help at all. I have restarted my unit and the printer itself it didnt help as well. If there is something I need please help...
  4. Printer only prints nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Network Shared Printing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Shared Printing: Latest Windows Update broke shared network printing which was working. Tried deleting the printer on the remote device then tried to reinstall and was told Windows can't connect to the printer. Printer sharing is turned on. Any Ideas? Thanks....
  6. networking print problems.

networking print problems.: test page failed to print. would you like to view the print troubleshooter for assistance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networking-print-problems/7536c75b-d4cd-4670-a27b-7b7dd7c8dc72
  7. Network printing

Network printing: I have a cannon ir1025/1024/1025 UFII LT network printer. Two Microsoft 10 workstation can print to it. I am attempting to connect a third. The third computer has two users. One can print to the printer and the second user cannot. Are they not using the same printer...
  8. nothing going to print queue

nothing going to print queue: Brother Printer MFC-990cw, Surface pro 64 bit, Windows 10 Tried to print when receiving phone call, printer message phone in use. Afterwards nothing in print queue, checked queue empty, tried to print again, nothing in queue. Uninstalled & reinstalled printer, same result....
  9. Network Printing Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Printing Not Working: My network is set up as follows: ASUS-LAPTOP DESKTOP GRADYLAND LEVONO-LAPTOP TOSHIBA-LAPTOP (from file explorer on DESKTOP) DESKTOP is my main workstation, GRADYLAND is the name of my WIFI network and the others are computers scattered throughout the house. I have an HP...
  10. network printing win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network printing win10: hi i'm trying to print to network printer but the system says it cant find it. saying printer is in error state. ive stopped and restarted print spooler and cleared folder. The network has been reset but I cant delete one PC and re-establish connection in hope it finds...