Windows 10: Network Printer not available to new computers on LAN

Discus and support Network Printer not available to new computers on LAN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I work for a small company, with a network of 25 users. We have recently replaced 4 of the users with new Intel machines. All of the other machines... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Robertmbt, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Robertmbt Win User

Network Printer not available to new computers on LAN

I work for a small company, with a network of 25 users. We have recently replaced 4 of the users with new Intel machines.

All of the other machines on the network have retained their ability to print to the network printer after the Windows 10 update, but the four new machines cannot even see it.

I have tried the usual process of adding a printer using the wizard, and also tried locating the printer manually using the printers network address.

The closest I have got is a message telling me that the driver could not be located - i tried connecting the printer directly to a new machine in order to install the driver, before disconncting the printer and trying again through the network. I received the same 'No Driver' message.

It is worth noting that the printers access point to the network is via a Vista machine in the admin department.

Any help will be gratefully received

:)

Robertmbt, Oct 15, 2015

2. Printers no longer work in Windows 10

I upgraded to Windows 10, and my two network printers showed as "Offline" when the upgrade was complete. On either of my other two computers on the network, a Win 8.1 and a Win Vista PC, the printers continue to work normally. The default printer for all
    of these computers is a Brother 3170CDW, an is listed as active on my network router, both through the LAN, and through 802.11g access. The other printer is a Kodak ESP5250, and also works both over the LAN and wirelessly. Only the computer upgraded to Windows
    10 can no longer print to either of these printers.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing the Brother printer, but my computer cannot now detect it even when given the TCP/IP address. I have used the latest available driver set from Brother, which fails when it cannot detect the printer through this computer. I
    cannot therefore reinstall the printer to this computer.

What now?

FatherFrank, Oct 15, 2015
  3. weybrew Win User
    Problem with renaming a network printer on windows 10

Old title: renaming a printer

I installed a network printer (Dell) on my home LAN using Computer 2. I then installed it as a network printer on Computer 1 and I want to rename it. I have done this before on other printers without any problem so I know the procedure. My problem is that
    when I do to Control Panel > Devices and Printers > Dell (icon) > rt. click > Printer Properties I don't get the screen usually available to edit the printer information. I've checked my other printers and this procedure works on all of them. All other rt.
    click options on the Dell work also, just not the Printer Properties or Printing Preferences. Can someone explain this for me, please?

weybrew, Oct 15, 2015
  4. Network Printer not available to new computers on LAN

It sounds like you're "sharing" a printer from a Vista workstation. If that is the case, then you have a sharing issue. Is it possible to connect the printer directly to the network and not using sharing? That would be the easiest solution. If not, then do this from the run command: L: \\workstation_name and hit enter. This will open an explorer window listing anything that is shared on that workstation. Double click the printer if you see and odds are it will prompt you for a login/password. If you don't see the printer or it prompts you for a login\password, then you know you have a sharing issue. Let us know if this helped or not.

play2mefish, Oct 15, 2015
Thema:

Network Printer not available to new computers on LAN

1. Network Printer not available to new computers on LAN - Similar Threads - Network Printer available

2. New printer will not connect to Windows 7 computer Network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New printer will not connect to Windows 7 computer Network.: I have a HP Windows 7 computer. I just purchased an HP ENVY 6458e printer and it will not attach to the Network. Any suggestions? Is my computer just to old to support the printer?...
  3. New printer will not connect to Windows 7 computer Network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New printer will not connect to Windows 7 computer Network.: I have a HP Windows 7 computer. I just purchased an HP ENVY 6458e printer and it will not attach to the Network. Any suggestions? Is my computer just to old to support the printer?...
  4. Networked Computers/printers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Networked Computers/printers: My SystemDevice name GIGABYTE-BProcessor IntelR CoreTM i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHzInstalled RAM 16.0 GBDevice ID 49BCE322-257F-4894-8FEA-7EDD3099AEF5Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA407System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorPen and touch No pen or touch...
  5. Networked Computers/printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Networked Computers/printers: My SystemDevice name GIGABYTE-BProcessor IntelR CoreTM i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHzInstalled RAM 16.0 GBDevice ID 49BCE322-257F-4894-8FEA-7EDD3099AEF5Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA407System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorPen and touch No pen or touch...
  6. Networked Computers/printers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. LAN Networking between two computers

LAN Networking between two computers: My network between my two computers connected via a Gigabit switch does not work, I have to uninstall my ethernet connection and restart my computer to get it working and the networking falls out again when I restart the computer. Can anyone help, it's driving me crazy....
  8. printer on wireless lan

in Windows 10 Customization
    printer on wireless lan: I got my system upgraded to win10 2004 and my lan printer disappeared from view on the lan. so did the lan. found a wonderful vid on youtube where a guy told us all about finding services that 2004 kindly stops for us so's the lan disappears. I was able to restart set to...
  9. No WiFi networks available on new computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No WiFi networks available on new computer?: When I try to connect to a WiFi, there are no options other than a hidden network. Every other device finds my router in the room I’m in, so I’m not sure what is causing this problem. submitted by /u/dpjs [link] [comments]...
  10. Lan network

Lan network: How can I make Windows 10 to make automatic IP adress for my Lan network so it will stay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/lan-network/77038a8c-38c9-4d0b-a151-ed10442803e9