Windows 10: Network Printer Not Showing When Installing via Command Line

Discus and support Network Printer Not Showing When Installing via Command Line in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am attempting to add a printer via the command line using a batch file as an admin (to eventually deploy via SCCM TS on Win10): rundll32... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by krdell, Aug 2, 2016.

1. krdell Win User

Network Printer Not Showing When Installing via Command Line

I am attempting to add a printer via the command line using a batch file as an admin (to eventually deploy via SCCM TS on Win10):
    rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /ga /n"\\my network printer"
    The command appears to run successfully but I am not able to find any trace of this printer in my printer list, print management, or in the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE → SYSTEM → CurrentControlSet → Control → Print → Printers)
    When I attempt to run it a second time I get the error message "Unable to add the per machine printer connection. Another printer or printer share with this name already exists. Please use another name for the printer."
    Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

:)

krdell, Aug 2, 2016
  2. BCmd Win User

Computer settings to allow printing using either wireless or USB for a HP 8620 printer

Using Windows 10. Printer works when connected via USB but need to enable 'network' access to print via wireless

Printer shows wireless connection and both computer/printer have same wireless connection

BCmd, Aug 2, 2016
  3. rskater Win User
    hp photosmart c8180 printer .

Installed window 10 now my printer shows as off line, not true. I am on a wireless network and when i run trouble shoot and fix , I get and error message 0x803c010b. Any solutions?

rskater, Aug 2, 2016
  4. Network Printer Not Showing When Installing via Command Line

Go here and look at this page. It tells you how to do it via the .vbs scripts that are provided by Microsoft. I have never gotten the RUNDll32 option to work in Windows 7. What I normally do for printer installs is install all the printers that your organization/workgroup on one workstation until they are all installed they you want them to do and they all work. Then I start the program "printbrmui.exe" (Run it as an Administrator...even if you are logged in as an administrator). Then export all the printers to a file. Then goto the next workstation and then run an import (you can do this via Remote Desktop too). Anyway, hope this helps.

play2mefish, Aug 3, 2016
  5. krdell Win User
    After more troubleshooting I've narrowed it down to this: using script with 2 different printers on 2 diff print servers, I've discovered that this script works for all domain users on windows 7. It works for all domain users on windows 10 when using one printer but not the other.

So, it looks like the issue has to do with one particular queue on Windows 10 only but not sure why...doesn't make much sense. Any ideas?

I'll try your method as well. Thanks

krdell, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Network Printer Not Showing When Installing via Command Line

1. Network Printer Not Showing When Installing via Command Line - Similar Threads - Network Printer Showing

2. Snipping Tool's Text Actions via Command Line?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool's Text Actions via Command Line?: I like the new Text Actions option in the new snipping tool and is really helpful for my work.Is there a way to programmaticallycommand line open an image file with snipping tool and extract the text with new Text Actions ?Expected Snipping tool to open with image but it...
  3. Speed test via command line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Speed test via command line: I need to test the speed of an Internet connection.I can test it by connecting to sites line fast.com or speedtest.net, but I want to perform a continuous test and to save the results on a file.I created a PowerShell script to run ping every 30 seconds and it works fine, but...
  4. Command line to wake up the default Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Command line to wake up the default Printer: Hello, we have an application that performs printing, after some time the printer stops printing, the system only works again when we print a test page. We have already removed the echo and suspend option, but after a few minutes, when we try to print again, the file enters...
  5. Network Printer Off Line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Printer Off Line: BUFFALO AirStation AC1300 / N900 Gigabit Dual Band Wireless Router - WZR-1 D1800H is eight years old so I decided to do a upgrade. Purchased a Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000. Everything seems to work fine except it has set my network 5110cn printer to offline. I Have gone thru...
  6. sending / receiving emails via command line

in Browsers and Email
    sending / receiving emails via command line: Hi folks I'm working on trying to send and receive emails via command line every so often on Windows It can be done but all the faqs - imbeciles guides etc etc just seem too complex and everybody uses gmail as their mail server. I'll do a proper tutorial later for a...
  7. sending / receiving emails via command line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sending / receiving emails via command line: Hi folks I'm working on trying to send and receive emails via command line every so often on Windows It can be done but all the faqs - imbeciles guides etc etc just seem too complex and everybody uses gmail as their mail server. I'll do a proper tutorial later for a...
  8. Show list of installed updates from command line

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Show list of installed updates from command line: Hello I've looking for a command to list all windows updates from command line on a pc who stuck in bootloop, so it must've be done from the recovery console in cmd. We tried dism and wmic but neither worked. Thanks...
  9. Can't add user via command line

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't add user via command line: I am trying to add a user via the command line through a virtual pc I added with VMWare. I'm running windows 10, and unable to add because this is what I get when I open CMD: I can't go beyond this point, I keep getting error messages. Any help would be deeply appreciated....
  10. Run a scheduled task via command line via command line

in Windows 10 Support
    Run a scheduled task via command line via command line: i want start a Run a scheduled task via command line like this: Code: %SystemRoot%\system32\taskschd.msc /Run /TN "RegIdleBackup" when i run the cmd in the prompt as admin the shedular task GUI pop up but the task not start. Is there a solution? Is the...