Windows 10: NETWORK PROBLEM: Network Credentials

Discus and support NETWORK PROBLEM: Network Credentials in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I created a Workgroup for three computers in my house, all three have the same Workgroup Name and all three show up when I open the Network tab.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by w1ksz, Sep 2, 2017.

1. w1ksz Win User

NETWORK PROBLEM: Network Credentials

I created a Workgroup for three computers in my house, all three have the same Workgroup Name and all
    three show up when I open the Network tab.

BUT, when I try to access one of the other two computers, it keeps asking for "Network Credentials".

Now I Googled "Network Credentials" and got a big can of worms. Is there a simple way I can set up
    "Network Credentials" on all three computers ?

Or, better yet, how can I remove the requirement to have Network Credentials ? It's only me and my three
    computers.

I run Windows 10 Pro on all three, two are 64 bit, one is 32 bit.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Richard S.

:)

w1ksz, Sep 2, 2017

2. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Sep 2, 2017
  3. yacks Win User
    Network Credentials

First, make sure that "password protected sharing" on the computer you're trying to connect to is disabled. It's enabled by default even if it wasn't before.

Next, if it's still asking for network credentials, try using your microsoft account as credentials.

yacks, Sep 2, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Eagle51, Sep 2, 2017
  5. w1ksz Win User
    That worked, I just needed to find where it was. After drilling down several layers in Control Panel I got it.

Thanks for the tip.

Richard S.

w1ksz, Sep 3, 2017
  6. Same problem for me....followed instructions above on both machines in my network....but Network Credentials are still required... *Sad

misterkevster, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. NETWORK PROBLEM: Network Credentials - Similar Threads - NETWORK PROBLEM Network

2. Network Credentials?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Credentials?: After the last update, I can no longer connect my computers. It asks for "network credentials". Where do these come from? Who set them. And why? I searched all over the internet, and there are any of "solutions," none of which seem to work, including removing all password...
  3. Network Credentials

Network Credentials: I just added a 3rd computer in my home. Everytime I try to connect the computers, it's asking for my user name & password in Network Credentials, I've never been asked that before & I have no idea what those are. Where can I find my Network Credentials? Thanx for your...
  4. network credentials

network credentials: What are network credentials? Every time I try to look thru the network to see my other computers files I get a box asking for user and password. I have no idea how to fill this in. Can you help me or send me someplace where I can find out about networking?...
  5. Network Credentials

Network Credentials: Network Credentials, I have 2 computers on my home network. Since MS deleted homegroup I cannot connect the computer the computers. They both show on each computer under network, but when I try to connect I am asked for network credentials. I enter the account and...
  6. Network credentials

Network credentials: How exactly do you create a network credential that works ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-credentials/4c78a2f6-83fa-445e-8410-cf36d7c70540"
  7. New problem - Network Credentials

New problem - Network Credentials: I have followed the guide to disable password request but when trying to access PC 1 from PC 2 it keeps asking me for credentials, however on PC 1 to PC 2 it doesn’t? 131219
  8. network credential problem

network credential problem: - trying to connect laptop to desktop and copy files - can see the drives but when I try to connect - says "Windows cannot access //drivename" "you do not have permission to access //drivename". See your network administrator" That is me - only user, administrator is me...
  9. network credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
    network credentials: how do I find my network credentials for getting to one computer to another computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/network-credentials/5a264d6d-b154-4085-ab0b-81d2ed1ca00e
  10. network credentials problem

network credentials problem: I am unable to access files on my wireless network that I have accessed before. I receive a message that my credentials are not correct to access the PC where the files are....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. credential network problem