Windows 10: Network Problems with Win10. Constantly disabling my home net.

Discus and support Network Problems with Win10. Constantly disabling my home net. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Does anybody know if Microsoft is aware of all the network problems people are having with Win10? I kind of like Win10 but I am not going to use it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hapiper, Jul 31, 2015.

1. hapiper Win User

Network Problems with Win10. Constantly disabling my home net.

Does anybody know if Microsoft is aware of all the network problems people are having with Win10? I kind of like Win10 but I am not going to use it when it constantly disables my network every few hours.

:)

hapiper, Jul 31, 2015

2. Windows 10 Network Computers missing on some computers (9 networked together)

Please explain how you disabled SMVv2 and v3 in Win10.

After the most recent update, my network PC's don't show on the Network in File Explorer

OldCaptain37129, Jul 31, 2015
  3. N900 Battery Saving?

Yeah, I'm much the same with my usage as Sever, in that tend to be Video watching and browsing the net often.

I can get close to a day, or maybe just over if I trickle charge the phone throughout the day.

I've disabled the constant network connection and set it to only Ask , set BlueTooth to hidden (so it's not constantly looking for a connection), GPS is off etc.

montana_uk, Jul 31, 2015
  4. XRAYD Win User

I had created a Home network on a desktop with Windows 7 five years ago (#1) and had added another win 7 desktop (#2) 3 years ago (and a laptop). To replace the original PC (#1) I bought a new computer with Win 10 and tried mightily to create a new network with ALL three computers. #2 and #3 worked fine with the new set up, but neither one could access any file on #1 (some of which I needed data from to save on the new computer). All three computers could see each other. While #1 could access files on #2 & #3 - these two could not get "permission" to access any information on #1 even though it showed all the files and folders.

Two days ago, a tech at "Microsoft answers" logged onto my system, and tried to solve the problem for more than an hour, but could not. The issue was "escalated" and I was give a four hour window two days later in which an "engineer" would call me. When I did not hear, I sent them an e-mail. I got a response in 30 minutes, in which the whole answer was just in the subject line of the mail:

"SRX1302158982ID - Cannot do a file share on a network after windows 10 upgrade"

Case closed I guess. What is annoying is that Microsoft did not, and does NOT make this simple fact known in their endless loop of "HELP" with windows 10 networks links. Bottom line is IF I had not upgraded #1 to Windows 10, it would have been fine. The two new computers with Windows 10 would have been able to access the information on the #1 Win 7 machine on which the network/server had been originally created but could NOT because I had upgraded it to Win 10. The #2 Window 7 did not have this problem as a client. Even when I recreated the network using both NEW computers as servers in turn, they could never talk to #1.

Of course, I could restore the upgrade on #1 to Win 7, but since I did not need that PC, given the hours of time I had wasted, I retrieved the information from my backup to the new computers. And will not update a couple of my laptops to Windows 10.

I am sure there are many with 2 or more networked home computers, who may add a new computer. If your network is important to you, do NOT upgrade the older (server) machines to WINDOWS 10. (I guess even if you upgrade from 8 or 8.1, this problem would remain). Or else one would have to replace ALL computers with NEW ones running Windows 10.

The fact that Microsoft does not state this ANYWHERE, is really annoying! Maybe its a way to get people to buy new machines to add some of the new features on WIN10!!

XRAYD, Aug 28, 2015
Thema:

1. Network Problems with Win10. Constantly disabling my home net. - Similar Threads - Network Problems Win10

2. Home network problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home network problem: Windows 11 laptop and Windows 8.1 cannot find each other on home network. Windows 11 cannot find networked printer either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-network-problem/befe45a3-a1f2-4988-9c67-baac6c45223f
  3. Home network problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home network problem: Windows 11 laptop and Windows 8.1 cannot find each other on home network. Windows 11 cannot find networked printer either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-network-problem/befe45a3-a1f2-4988-9c67-baac6c45223f
  4. Net Framework Enable/Disabling problems.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Net Framework Enable/Disabling problems.: HiI'm trying to enable NET Framework 3.5 on my PC but when I try to enable it I get the error code 0x80073712.Here are the things I have tried.https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-enable-net-framework-3-5-on-windows-10https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/0x80073712.html...
  5. Help with my Win10's on a wired home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with my Win10's on a wired home network: I have 2 ea Win10s Home and 1 Win7 Pro on a wired home network. The 2 Win10s can see the Win7 just fine but they can't see each other. The Win7 can't see either Win10. Neither Win10 shows up as an icon in the "This PC" screeen. The network troubleshooter page say "No...
  6. Home Network Problems

Home Network Problems: So I am some issues with 2 of my PC's not seeing each other on my network. I have 3 PC's a tower and 2 laptops. Both laptop are connected wifi and tower wired all PCs running Windows 10. I do have Google WiFi with mesh network. My laptop see all computer however my tower and...
  7. home network problem

home network problem: I am connected to my secure home network via wifi with a laptop, but when I use File Explorer I do not see the other computers on my network. Even the Readyshare memory stick that is connected to the router does not show. I need to move some files between this laptop and...
  8. Home network problem

Home network problem: I have 6 computer on my home network, everything was working fine until about 2 weeks ago when I noticed I no longer could access my backup server. I am using windows 10 pro on all computers, I can still access 3 of the 6 computers and all of there folders and files. The 3...
  9. Home Network Problem

Home Network Problem: Have three computers on my network,two windows 10 and one windows7. Problem is with Remote Desktop Connection,works perfect with the windows7 computer. Can't get it to connect with the other windows10 computer,wants a user and password. There is no password on the computer?...
  10. win10 disables home wifi

win10 disables home wifi: i have 1- desktop- win10 gateway DHCP 2-laptop win10 LAN static IP 3-laptop WIN8 wifi 4- 2 phones and a tablet WIFI 5- broadcom, LAN and WIFI router 6- samsung TV- LAN static IP model LA40D55 connected by HDMI to win10 laptop(2) every time the win10 laptop(2) is on...