Windows 10: Network problems

Discus and support Network problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hardware: Alienware running Windows 10, wifi: Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230 Symptoms: 1)Under "Manage wifi settings", there is no choice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zephyrus, May 5, 2016.

1. zephyrus Win User

Network problems

Hardware: Alienware running Windows 10, wifi: Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230

Symptoms:
    1)Under "Manage wifi settings", there is no choice for "Manage known networks".
    2)Each time I reboot, the wifi network is not remembered, even though I clicked "connect automatically". Password input required.
    3)There is no button for "wireless properties" in the "wifi status" window.

Tried:
    1)Uninstalling/reinstalling latest manufacturer's wireless driver
    2)Uninstalling/reinstalling wireless adapter
    3)Numerous other things.

Any suggestions?

:)

zephyrus, May 5, 2016

2. start menu stopped working

Cannot get start menu to pop up. Worked till yesterday, now won't. Turned off computer and back on - still won't work

problems-problems, May 5, 2016
  3. Network printer offline; private network problems

Problem finally resolved:

Somehow in the elimination of the "home" network, the ARISS router "AP" setting was turned on; setting up each device as its own private network. Although the Windows 7 and XP and Apple devices could see each other (and the printer work) the Windows 10 devices
    could not see each other.

The ARISS router has been reset; the firewalls restored; and the system works. Let's hope we don't need to go through this process with the next "update".

Thanks all for you help.

WilliamBarron, May 5, 2016
  4. bookfox Win User

Network problems

Try disabling the power options on the wifi adapter in device manager? (Device manager> right click the intel wifi 2230 > properties > power management> uncheck 'allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' > click ok) . I saw you updated the driver via Intel, did you use the 'proset' version? (I came across someone else with a similar problem who installed the proset specifically and it helped).

bookfox, May 7, 2016
  5. zephyrus Win User
    Thanks for the suggestions. I tried changing the power option, no luck. I did download the proset version. The lastest version I could find (15.18.0.1) is dated May, 2015. I even tried going back to the original driver (Windows 7-wifi worked back then). Again, no change.

zephyrus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Network problems

1. Network problems - Similar Threads - Network problems

2. I have problem with my network device list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have problem with my network device list: My network device list has a problem.Configure gigabit ethernet device parameters https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-with-my-network-device-list/19fff29f-d7d4-4c92-a1a8-adce2b6c8722
  3. I have problem with my network device list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have problem with my network device list: My network device list has a problem.Configure gigabit ethernet device parameters https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-with-my-network-device-list/19fff29f-d7d4-4c92-a1a8-adce2b6c8722
  4. I have problem with my network device list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Problems with High network usage by service host : Network service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with High network usage by service host : Network service: Hi, Ive been having the problem with Service Host : Network Service, in which its using far too much network, up to 16 - 20 Mbps in some instances, as can be seen in this screenshot Okay it wont let me add screenshots for some reason, but its still high usage. I have disabled...
  6. Problems with High network usage by service host : Network service

Problems with High network usage by service host : Network service: Hi, Ive been having the problem with Service Host : Network Service, in which its using far too much network, up to 16 - 20 Mbps in some instances, as can be seen in this screenshot Okay it wont let me add screenshots for some reason, but its still high usage. I have disabled...
  7. Problem with WiFi networks not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with WiFi networks not showing up: I have diagnosed the problem but I am unsure how to fix it, my Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC has an issue. The device status shows: 'This device cannot start. Code 10 {Operation Failed}The requested operation was unsuccessful}'I found the issue using device...
  8. Problem with WiFi networks not showing up

Problem with WiFi networks not showing up: I have diagnosed the problem but I am unsure how to fix it, my Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC has an issue. The device status shows: 'This device cannot start. Code 10 {Operation Failed}The requested operation was unsuccessful}'I found the issue using device...
  9. Problem with WiFi networks not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. No internet, secured. Local network only problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet, secured. Local network only problem: I tried everything on this forum. I still have internet connection problem.Window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-secured-local-network-only-problem/98c712e6-4050-428c-b307-857dbb87512e