Windows 10: Network Profile and Static IP help needed!

Discus and support Network Profile and Static IP help needed! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ok so im running Win 10 pro. I updated Mumble today to 1.2.16 and the computer restarted. After restart i had no internet. So i looked at network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jkarvel7, May 9, 2016.

1. Jkarvel7 Win User

Network Profile and Static IP help needed!

Ok so im running Win 10 pro. I updated Mumble today to 1.2.16 and the computer restarted. After restart i had no internet. So i looked at network connections and noticed that i am now using "ethernet, network 2, intel ethernet connection 2". This is very strange because i have always used just plain "ethernet, network, intel ethernet connection". Under network connections "network" doesnt even show, only "network 2".

So i checked the registry profile in regedit. Registry shows a profile for "network" and "network 2". So i changed my static ip in the ethernet network properties in ipv4 from 10.0.0.2 to 10.0.0.4. Internet works fine again.

So my questions are as follows. Why cant i use my orginal network profile? Where in the hell did it go? Why is ip address 10.0.0.2 not usable? Is using this "network 2" going to cause any problems in the future? Can i get my original network and ip address back? WTH caused this? *Mad*Mad*Mad*cry

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!!

:)

Jkarvel7, May 9, 2016
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Unable to change network adapter settings.

Thank you for your response. As your Internet Service Provider provides a dynamic IP, once you try changing your IP from auto to static, and if your router's IP is dynamic, it will give you the error that you've encountered. If you want to change the IP
    of your computer's network to static, you need to set your router's IP to static as well. We suggest that you contact your router's manufacturer to set it up to have a static IP.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, May 9, 2016
  3. Static IP settings for Wi-Fi Network

Hello,

I'm using MS Lumia 535 with Denim update. My phone updated to latest firmware version. Our office using a static IP based Wi-Fi network. Where user need to give IP manually (Static) along with Password to connect with Wi-Fi hotspot. My co-workers mostly
    using Android device and can give static IP easily. Me with a Windows Phone running into problem as there's no option to set static IP under Wi-Fi settings.

I do some search and found that Lumia devices (i.e. Nokia Lumia 525, 630) with Cyan has that static IP option under Wi-Fi settings. isn't Denim is latest upgrade? then why it has no option to set static IP? I need it badly to use Wi-Fi at office.

is there any way to enable static IP settings under Denim? any kind of help is appreciable. Thanks.

Abhi Aditya, May 9, 2016
  4. Jkarvel7 Win User

Update: Tried everything i can possibly think of. Nothing has changed. Even tried updating the intel ethernet driver for the hek of it.

Jkarvel7, May 10, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    Why update the Network adapter driver. You mentioned what the problem is. Ie, it begins with M.

bro67, May 10, 2016
  6. Jkarvel7 Win User
    its not mumble. i uninstalled it completely, nothing changed, reinstalled it and nothing changed.

PPL with the same windows build also updated to the latest version of mumble, no issues.

Not sure why this happened to me but im thinking its a windows 10 bug.

Jkarvel7, May 10, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    Actually it is Mumble. There is not a bug in the driver for your adapter or Windows 10 that is causing this. Do a Malware scan to make sure that there are not any nasties and also remove Mumble.

Too easy for everyone want to blame Microsoft's software when the problem starts after they install a piece of software.

bro67, May 11, 2016
  8. Dnamel Win User

I have a similar issue where one of my addresses is unusable on my PC, but I had not installed/downloaded anything except windows updates since the last restart. I'm considering rolling back to a previous backup to see if that fixes it. I can still use the IP on other devices so I am fairly certain is is something with my PC. I've never used Mumble.

Dnamel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Network Profile and Static IP help needed! - Similar Threads - Network Profile Static

2. Static ip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Static ip: i've had a static ip for 10+ years and now when i set it it says i have an unidentifiable network and it wont connect at all, ive had windows diagnose the problem and fixes it by saying the DHCP is disabled, any help would be appreciated. im useing nord vpn if that helps at...
  3. Static ip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Static ip: i've had a static ip for 10+ years and now when i set it it says i have an unidentifiable network and it wont connect at all, ive had windows diagnose the problem and fixes it by saying the DHCP is disabled, any help would be appreciated. im useing nord vpn if that helps at...
  4. Static ip

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Help with Hyper-v and static IP on Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Hyper-v and static IP on Ubuntu: I already quit trying to use a bridge and now letting the DHCP supply the IP, but everytime I boot the machine the DHCP gives me a new IP. Is possible to "fix" this random range or is there any real way to make it get fixed? The virtual switch configuration dont presents any...
  6. Internet for static ip??

Internet for static ip??: Hi, I have a computer with a static ip of 10.19.1.100 which is connected to a router. How can I get internet access to it? The router has a with an ip of 172.x.y.1 and a DNS of 172.x.y.103. I tried giving my computer a DNS of 172.x.y.103 but that did nothing. Is this...
  7. IP Connect to Static IP

IP Connect to Static IP: I have an A-V device with a static IP address. With my XP-Pro laptop, I can connect fine, but with my new laptop running WIN10Pro, I can't seem to find the right combination of settings to"see" the device. The static IP allows control of the A-V device's app., with the app....
  8. Is it possible to assign a static IP for each network ?

Is it possible to assign a static IP for each network ?: Hello I posted this question on microsoft answers but seems like may be i could get better help here .. i have a situation here i'm using static IP for Network #1 which is 192.168.1.110 but when i try joining another network let's say network #2 with a router address...
  9. No internet connection with static IP

No internet connection with static IP: Hi guys, I have a strange issue with Win10, I'm trying to assign a static IP so I can RDP to the machine and use wake on lan. When the pc has a DHCP assigned IP it can access the internet but when I assign a static one(even the one DHCP assigned) it gets no internet...
  10. Static IP with a specific Network

Static IP with a specific Network: Hi. Sometimes, i need use a static IP in a network at the office. With my android phone, the specific network as configured to get static IP. All other networks gets automatic IP's. So, when i need connect windows 10 to this network, i open control panel, select network...