Windows 10: Network Protocols, which to enable/disable for my PC usage

Discus and support Network Protocols, which to enable/disable for my PC usage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Which Network Protocols should I enable or disable for my PC? My PC usage and router set up: - file downloading while also browsing web or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MUGEN02, Mar 4, 2016.

1. MUGEN02 Win User

Network Protocols, which to enable/disable for my PC usage

Which Network Protocols should I enable or disable for my PC?

My PC usage and router set up:
    - file downloading while also browsing web or streaming video
    - I don't do any lan/network sharing
    - Torrent file sharing
    - QOS is disabled on my router
    - The PC is connected with Ethernet cable

My current settings
    [ ] Client for Microsoft Networks
    [ ] File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
    [ ] QoS Packet Scheduler
    [ x] Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
    [ ] Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O Driver
    [ ] Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol
    [ ] Microsoft LLDP Protocol Driver
    [ ] Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6}
    [ ] Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder

Thanks

:)

MUGEN02, Mar 4, 2016

2. n95 gps

does anyone know how to enable network usage i'm trying to use the maps but it says that "network usage disabled"

declanpaul, Mar 4, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Store app hogs all internet bandwidth, any way to limit bandwidth specifically for it?

Try the steps below:

• Type Local services in search windows on task bar. Open Services window.
    • Search for "Peer Name Resolution Protocol".
    • Double click "Peer Name Resolution Protocol". On the "General Tab" select startup type"Disabled". Apply and close.
    • Continue the same process with "Peer Networking Grouping" and "Peer Networking Identity Manager" and disable it.
    • You can also disable "Windows Update" in same window.
    I had the same issue but after trying that my bandwidth usage dropped dramatically.

GregSheridan, Mar 4, 2016
  4. OldMX Win User

You're good to go, no need to enable anything else.

OldMX, Mar 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Network Protocols, which to enable/disable for my PC usage - Similar Threads - Network Protocols enable

2. Which VSS should be disabled or enabled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which VSS should be disabled or enabled?: I am unable to backup a VM because some VSS Services are running. One the backup software console [Commvault], there is an error that states there is another backup software running. Commvault support states to reboot and/or contact Microsoft support if the case lingers. I...
  3. Which VSS should be disabled or enabled?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which VSS should be disabled or enabled?: I am unable to backup a VM because some VSS Services are running. One the backup software console [Commvault], there is an error that states there is another backup software running. Commvault support states to reboot and/or contact Microsoft support if the case lingers. I...
  4. PC hotspot disabling network usage on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC hotspot disabling network usage on PC: Whenever I enable my hotspot on my PC, all other programs no longer have connection to the internet. As soon as I disable the hotspot, all other programs work again. Have my pc for a few months and the problem only started occurring after the recent update I believe....
  5. PC hotspot disabling network usage on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC hotspot disabling network usage on PC: Whenever I enable my hotspot on my PC, all other programs no longer have connection to the internet. As soon as I disable the hotspot, all other programs work again. Have my pc for a few months and the problem only started occurring after the recent update I believe....
  6. PC hotspot disabling network usage on PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. The ms-appinstaller protocol has been disabled? Enable it.

in Windows 10 News
    The ms-appinstaller protocol has been disabled? Enable it.: [ATTACH]Enterprise admins can now re-enable the MSIX ms-appinstaller protocol handler that Microsoft earlier disabled after Emotet malware was used by threat actors to exploit the feature to deliver malicious Windows App Installer packages. This post describes how to enable...
  8. Which protocol for accessing NAS in local network - Win10 HOME

Which protocol for accessing NAS in local network - Win10 HOME: Hello, i have after each WIN update problems with accessing my NAS - configured SMB it seems Microsoft is trying to disable SMB1 feature we have 4 PCs & NB's with MS WIN 10 HOME, with MS Office, etc... and is anoying each time looking for solution to make it work again...
  9. Network Protocols

Network Protocols: Problem trying to connect to internet on laptop, but all working as normal on desktop. Investigations revealed....one or more Network Protocols are missing on this computer, also Windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing....this on both...
  10. Enable or Disable SMB1 File Sharing Protocol in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable SMB1 File Sharing Protocol in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable SMB1 File Sharing Protocol in Windows How to Enable or Disable SMB1 File Sharing Protocol in Windows The Server Message Block (SMB) Protocol is a network file sharing protocol, and as implemented in Microsoft Windows is known as Microsoft SMB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network protocols enable or disable

2. which network protocols to enable and disable?