Windows 10: Network registry settings

Discus and support Network registry settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all. After the upgrade my wireless adapter wasn't working. Reinstalled driver, problem solved. About 30 minutes later it was no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stew1411, Aug 11, 2015.

1. stew1411 Win User

Network registry settings

Hello all.

After the upgrade my wireless adapter wasn't working. Reinstalled driver, problem solved. About 30 minutes later it was no longer working.

Under device manager there were 3 instances of my adapter. Opened them up and it said device not migrated. Windows kept trying to reinstall the driver. Tried everything I could think of.

After deleting the driver and reinstalling, it kept installing as number 3 and wouldn't work. Some registry entries were being retained. Got the guid, went into the registry and deleted everything to do with that guid to do a fresh driver install. I may have accidentally deleted everything for network adapters.

Tried to install wireless adapter and it said no class id. Played with some settings and got it to install. All I had to do was switch ports, oops. All adapters are back and working. However, I noticed some registry entries are still missing under that guid. Also, now under device manager, network adapters doesn't have an icon, just a piece of paper with a gear in the center as icon.

Anyways, internet is working. But should I be worried since some of the properties keys are still missing?

:)

stew1411, Aug 11, 2015
  2. orionsdad Win User

Registry key for Network Card connection setting

I did that, but I have to push this setting out to 1800 devices, so I need to know the registry key changes so I can make it part of my package.

orionsdad, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Registry key for Network Card connection setting

What device do you have Todd?

On a Pocket PC, if you go to START/SETTINGS/Connections Tab/Connections icon/Advanced Tab/Select Networks button and click on the first drop down you can select Work from the list

Jack Cook

http://www.experiencemobility.net

http://www.mobilitysite.com

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

Network registry settings

1. Network registry settings - Similar Threads - Network registry settings

2. where is settings in the registry?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is settings in the registry?: hi,Does anyone know where is settings in the registry? If I want to add my Microsoft 365 subscription information, try to know how to add it via the registry. No articles online stating on how to do it....
  3. where is settings in the registry?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where is settings in the registry?: hi,Does anyone know where is settings in the registry? If I want to add my Microsoft 365 subscription information, try to know how to add it via the registry. No articles online stating on how to do it....
  4. EnableFirstLogonAnimation Registry Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    EnableFirstLogonAnimation Registry Setting: I have found two entries in the registry for WIN10 64bit Build 1909. The first is: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\EnableFirstLogonAnimation The second is:...
  5. Network Adapter - Power Option for WakeOnLan set via Registry - Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Adapter - Power Option for WakeOnLan set via Registry - Win10: Dear gurus, Im looking for a way to set up the power management option for a device (im OK to find out device ID in registry) exactly like this: [img] Maybe you can also explain all three options what do they do, because Im looking for as simple as possible way to:...
  6. sermouse registry setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sermouse registry setting: We have been editing the registry in windows 10 to prevent sermouse from misidentifying incoming serial data and causing the "crazy mouse" symptom. This works fine but we have noticed recently that periodic windows updates will revert the START setting in the registry to its...
  7. setting registry settings to default

in Cortana
    setting registry settings to default: I downloaded iobit advanced system care and CCleaner to get more storage but it made some changes to the Windows registry due to which, my search bar is displaying correct results. I tried searching for troubleshooting and add or remove a program, but no or incorrect result...
  8. Edge registry settings

in Browsers and Email
    Edge registry settings: Is there any list of registry settings for Edge? I am creating an unattended installation image for Win10, and despite the OS getting a new browser (with IE11 that still is present - wtf?), there are no settings for the answer file available. Just the old IE11 shit. I can't...
  9. Registry settings in Regedit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry settings in Regedit: I am unable to get copyprofile to work on the Creator's version of Windows 10. I have been using registry settings to get it the way I want it. This is probably a silly request but I want to find it. Typically in my custom default profile, I open regedit to a full window...
  10. Cortana registry setting?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana registry setting?: Does anyone know where is Cortana's core/MAIN settings are in the registry? Thank you! 80773