Windows 10: Network Repeater Clash with Router?

Discus and support Network Repeater Clash with Router? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a problem with a network in a residential property. We have a BT Home Hub and a TP Link WA730 RE which is used as a range extender to repeat the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Simon PCPP, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Network Repeater Clash with Router?

I have a problem with a network in a residential property. We have a BT Home Hub and a TP Link WA730 RE which is used as a range extender to repeat the signal.

Generally, the solution works fine, it drops out occasionally, but works fine for Ipads, Apple TV, Phones, android Phones etc. Unfortunately for Windows PC's both Win 7 and Win 10 it appears the PC connects to the strongest signal and then says that there is no internet connection. I think the PC's are seeing both the router and the range extender as the network and are unable to resolve the two.

I'd be grateful for any ideas as to how to solve this "windows only" issue

:)

Simon PCPP, Jul 18, 2018

2. Netgear WGR614v10 as repeater for ADSL2+ network?

With RE's you don't need to touch your router's wifi settings unless you want to make it easier to config the RE. The extender is what needs to be configured to repeat the wifi network on the router.

The WGR should be the repeater and it should work with typical WiFi settings like:

Zxyel's settings:
    SSID: Network_1
    Password: C4ndybu77
    Channel: 11
    Channel Width: 20Mhz
    Hidden:NO

RE (WGR) settings:
    SSID: Network_RE
    Password: C4ndybu77
    Channel: 11
    Channel Width: 20Mhz

You can still connect to hidden networks if the RE lets you add a custom SSID. Some only have a fixed list.

It should "scan" for a list of networks, ask you which one you want to repeat, enter the SSID/WPA2 keys, click whatever.

You shouldn't have to enter a bunch of IP information for that. The WGR when used in RE mode it does not typically handle IP operations normally, the router becomes the DHCP server and manager.
    Please attatch your screen shots so we can take a look at the options and point you in the right directio

remixedcat, Jul 18, 2018
  3. 24C
    24c Win User
    Phantom router on network

Recently I've noticed a "phantom" router appearing in my network. The Belkin router is not mine, the Linksys is.

Properties of the Belkin router list serial number, MAC address, model number, model, manufacturer, but no IP address. It only shows up on my desktop, not the Pro 3's or HP laptop's File Explorer under Network.

Desktop is connected to network with a Netgear WNDA3100v3 N600 Dual Band USB Adapter - WPA2-PSK security type. Pro 3 and Laptop connect to network with their internal wireless connections

Haven't noticed any "strange" behavior, or usage, on my machines, but am curious as to why it is appearing in my network.

Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?

Network Repeater Clash with Router? [​IMG]

4. Gino Des Win User

Network Repeater Clash with Router?

wireless conection to router

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you able to see the router's name in the wireless networks list?
    • Are you able to connect to the router but unable to connect to the Internet?
    • Do you receive any error message when connecting to the router? If yes, what is the exact error message that you receive?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands,
    Temporarily turn off firewalls
    and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Network Repeater Clash with Router?

1. Network Repeater Clash with Router? - Similar Threads - Network Repeater Clash

2. Router and network indicating differently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Router and network indicating differently.: New RAC2V1S router to serve as router and server for 6 movie HDD's via USB. Router reports nothing connected to WiFi but all my PC's show in net on PC. Router does not show in net but streams the movies all of which list on my movie player. Why does router not show up in net...
  3. Connecting external HDD as Network drive with router repeater

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting external HDD as Network drive with router repeater: Dear Community, I am having problem connecting my external HDD as Network drive. I managed to connect my pen drive as network drive on the same router but when i replace Pen drive with my External drive I get error message saying as follows, [ATTACH] My Pen drive has...
  4. purchasing in castle clash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    purchasing in castle clash: i made a purchase in my game castle clash but didn't get it and had to get a refund but i still want to make a purchase in my game how can i do that with out this happening again. This is bad because i pay straight away but if i don't get it i got to wait 5days to get a...
  5. Networking with 10 and router

Networking with 10 and router: I have a Dell and Lenovo desktop connected with a router. The Lenovo can access the Dell files. The Dell can ping the Dell by name or IP but can't access the files. Message says to check with system admin. I have checked everything I can think of but no change. What else...
  6. Applications clash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications clash: Dear Sir: My name is Charnchai. I just bought a brand new Surface Laptop 3. Whenever I open an attachments from Outlook mail, office documents from Line chat or Wechat, including internet link to Youtube etc, it clashed Microsoft Edge and office apps. I means it could not...
  7. Networking, router or?

Networking, router or?: Hello, my issue is, I wish to connect my 3 laptops together for shared networking. Windows7, 10 &10. I can connect 2 together via ethernet cable but since my internet access is a private network AirCard (wifi), I don't have a physical router. I am wondering what I need in...
  8. Running a network without a router

Running a network without a router: Our holiday cottage will soon have a Dell Small Form Factor Windows 10 Pro PC. It would be handy if visitors could access the PC via WiFi, but would that necessarily involve having a router? I've worked with routers ever since the inception of Ethernet, but I've never come...
  9. Phantom router on network

Phantom router on network: Recently I've noticed a "phantom" router appearing in my network. The Belkin router is not mine, the Linksys is. Properties of the Belkin router list serial number, MAC address, model number, model, manufacturer, but no IP address. It only shows up on my desktop, not the...
  10. Printers clash

Printers clash: I have two printers, a Brother label printer and an Epson general office printer/scanner, connected to my desktop computer by USB. Until recently, there was no problem, but suddenly they started to clash. If printer A has been used, printer B will not work unless I turn...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. router and extender clash