Windows 10: Network Sharing - I want File Explorer access between computers.

Discus and support Network Sharing - I want File Explorer access between computers. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have tried to setup Network Sharing but I can't get anything to communicate to each other. Both computers are running Windows 10. Both are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DanHealer, Jul 2, 2018.

1. DanHealer Win User

Network Sharing - I want File Explorer access between computers.

I have tried to setup Network Sharing but I can't get anything to communicate to each other.

Both computers are running Windows 10.
    Both are connected to the same WiFi Network.
    Both are set as Private connections.

I have a USB drive on one computer and I want to access it from the second computer.

Part of this need is that I use Windows Backup. It was working but recently we changed out our router and this lates Windows Update has removed Homegroup. Not sure if either of these changes caused the trouble but it isn't working now.

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Dan

:)

DanHealer, Jul 2, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 7 File Sharing between computers, PROBLEMS!!

Just do a file transfer in explorer from one computer to the other and see what speed you get. I would suggest avoiding homegroup and using a proper network setup instead.

newtekie1, Jul 2, 2018
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jul 2, 2018
  4. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Jul 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Network Sharing - I want File Explorer access between computers. - Similar Threads - Network Sharing File

2. I have a problem of access between computers on my home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have a problem of access between computers on my home network: I am trying to access files on a drive connected to my desktop from an Asus T100. Both machines are running Windows 10 and both are connected to the same network. Am I asking for the impossible or should I be able to do this I keep getting error messages that say that I...
  3. File sharing between computers running Win 10 on WiFi network

File sharing between computers running Win 10 on WiFi network: I have 2 computers on a home WiFi network. I used to be able to use files on the desktop from my laptop, but the laptop can no longer 'see' the desktop or it's files...
  4. sharing files between computers.

sharing files between computers.: Let me be clear. I have a windows 7 computer and a windows 10 computer, I'm having a hideous time trying to share files between the computers, (I DO NOT WANT TO USE AN ONLINE FILE SHARING SYSTEM TO SHARE THE FILES.) I.E. Onedrive. both computers are on the same network...
  5. share file between computers

share file between computers: Trying to share files between computers on same Wifi network but when I click on file to share.. Share icon is gray and not available to click on. Using Win 10 home edition and other computer is using Win 10 pro...
  6. transfer files between computers on a home network

transfer files between computers on a home network: I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected...
  7. WIndows 10 file sharing between computers

WIndows 10 file sharing between computers: I can access and open files in computer A that are on Computer B's hard Drives I cannot open files on Computer A from Computer B. One computer is windows 10 home and the other is WIndows 10 Pro. I have set up permissions for "everyone" on both machines and all discovery...
  8. shared computer is not showing in file explorer

shared computer is not showing in file explorer: Hi, I am trying to set up a file sharing system between two windows 10 computers, one is a desktop and the other is a laptop. I have partially succeeded because the laptop can see the desktop and itself in 'network' in file explorer however, the desktop cannot view the...
  9. Network Sharing File Access Problem

Network Sharing File Access Problem: I've been reviewing the simple folder sharing setup on my three Windows 10 PCs. I'm trying to share folders between three computers on the same network by right clicking the folder and giving access to Everyone without using a Home Group. All computers have Windows 10 Pro (PC...
  10. problem sharing files between computers on the same network

problem sharing files between computers on the same network: I just bought a new Windows 10 laptop, and I have (successfully) connected/shared my old Windows 7 laptop to my Windows 10 laptop (via an Ethernet cable) so that I can copy files from the old to the new. An odd problem has occurred: When attempting to copy some folders (e.g.,...