Windows 10: Network Sharing - I want File Explorer access between computers.

Discus and support Network Sharing - I want File Explorer access between computers. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have tried to setup Network Sharing but I can't get anything to communicate to each other. Both computers are running Windows 10. Both are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DanHealer, Jul 2, 2018.

1. DanHealer Win User

Network Sharing - I want File Explorer access between computers.

I have tried to setup Network Sharing but I can't get anything to communicate to each other.

Both computers are running Windows 10.
    Both are connected to the same WiFi Network.
    Both are set as Private connections.

I have a USB drive on one computer and I want to access it from the second computer.

Part of this need is that I use Windows Backup. It was working but recently we changed out our router and this lates Windows Update has removed Homegroup. Not sure if either of these changes caused the trouble but it isn't working now.

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Dan

:)

DanHealer, Jul 2, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 7 File Sharing between computers, PROBLEMS!!

Just do a file transfer in explorer from one computer to the other and see what speed you get. I would suggest avoiding homegroup and using a proper network setup instead.

newtekie1, Jul 2, 2018
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jul 2, 2018
  4. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Jul 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Network Sharing - I want File Explorer access between computers. - Similar Threads - Network Sharing File

2. Files sharing between three computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files sharing between three computers: I have two PCs named PC3 and PC4 and recently added a laptop named HPStream. PC3 can access shared folders on PC4 and HPstream. PC4 can access shared folders on PC3 and HPstream. HPStream can access shared folders on PC4 but not on PC3 — HPStream sees the shared folders on...
  3. sharing file between computer

sharing file between computer: I have 2 OEM installs computers (Win 10 Professional wit all the updates) and and I am unable to share a file from one computer to the other one. What am I doing wrong , your suggestions please. 175636
  4. sharing file between computer

in Windows 10 Support
    sharing file between computer: I have 2 OEM installs computers (Win 10 Professional wit all the updates) and and I am unable to share a file from one computer to the other one. What am I doing wrong , your suggestions please. 175636
  5. File sharing between 2 computers

File sharing between 2 computers: File sharing between 2 computers used to be easy when Homegroup was available! How do I file/folder share between 2 computers using Windows 10? If I right click on a folder> Give Access to > Homegroup is not accessible. If I select "specific people" > Add it tells me this...
  6. How to share files between two computers over the network?

How to share files between two computers over the network?: What is Network permissions, I am trying to connect two computers together over the network and receive this message unable to connect ,to ... see your network adiministrator for network permission. ***Modified title from: Networkimg , permission ***...
  7. trying to share files between computers on the same wifi network

trying to share files between computers on the same wifi network: Struggling to share files between my desktop and laptop on the same wifi in the same house. Had no problems with HomeGroup, but that's long gone. File Explorer = share file with Specific Person...all I get is Windows cannot find that person Anyone figure this out?...
  8. sharing files between computers.

sharing files between computers.: Let me be clear. I have a windows 7 computer and a windows 10 computer, I'm having a hideous time trying to share files between the computers, (I DO NOT WANT TO USE AN ONLINE FILE SHARING SYSTEM TO SHARE THE FILES.) I.E. Onedrive. both computers are on the same network...
  9. share file between computers

share file between computers: Trying to share files between computers on same Wifi network but when I click on file to share.. Share icon is gray and not available to click on. Using Win 10 home edition and other computer is using Win 10 pro...
  10. problem sharing files between computers on the same network

problem sharing files between computers on the same network: I just bought a new Windows 10 laptop, and I have (successfully) connected/shared my old Windows 7 laptop to my Windows 10 laptop (via an Ethernet cable) so that I can copy files from the old to the new. An odd problem has occurred: When attempting to copy some folders (e.g.,...