Windows 10: network suddenly quit showing computer

Discus and support network suddenly quit showing computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Anyone have any idea why suddenly out of the blue my network quit showing one of my computers? I have a tablet and laptop both with windows 10. my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mikeirvan, Jan 19, 2016.

1. mikeirvan Win User

network suddenly quit showing computer

Anyone have any idea why suddenly out of the blue my network quit showing one of my computers? I have a tablet and laptop both with windows 10. my tablet still shows both computers, but my laptop no longer shows the tablet. I didn't change anything. What can cause this and how do I fix it? thanks.

:)

mikeirvan, Jan 19, 2016

2. Network Quit Showing Computer

Hello,

Glad to know that the issue has been resolved.

In future, If you face any issues with Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 19, 2016
  3. Network Quit Showing Computer

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to post your query on the TechNet Forum which would be better suited for the issue.

Windows 10 IT Pro

Technet forums - Windows 10 IT Pro

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 19, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

The Winsock and DNS caches are corrupt.

bro67, Jan 19, 2016
  5. mikeirvan Win User
    this problem is fixed. it was a goof on my part. I thought my tablet was on, but it was turned off instead.

mikeirvan, Jan 20, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    No biggie. We all have an oops moment every now and then.

Wait to see if anyone responds to this in a month or two, to try and post a solution.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. network suddenly quit showing computer - Similar Threads - network suddenly quit

2. Computer will not show available networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will not show available networks: I’ve looked everywhere and done everything and still cannot find a fix for this. When i hit the “no wifi” logo, literally nothing but a bar that says Network and internet settings shows up. When i go there the troubleshooters are useless, and when i click on show available...
  3. Computer quit sleeping

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer quit sleeping: My wifes computer (20H2 .867) is set to sleep after 1 hour, worked just fine until the 20H2 upgrade, now it won't sleep without manually putting it to sleep. 176203
  4. Networked computer not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networked computer not showing up: I've just installed Win10 on a small networked computer ethernet, which previously had Win7 on it. I access it most frequently from my desktop computer, also connected via ethernet. I have set up sharing on this computer, and can see, access, and write to folders on it, on...
  5. Network Computers not showing under network

Network Computers not showing under network: So, I checked, and the appropriate services are running under services.msc. We use windows server which I have access to but the local machine I do not have the admin password for. I can access the server one, but not the locals. I am trying to find a way to remote access...
  6. DisplayPort suddenly quit working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DisplayPort suddenly quit working: Hey guys, So i turned my computer on this morning, no problem. DisplayPort fully functional. Has been fully functional all day, Then i walk away from the PC and make supper, I come back to it untouched except no display anymore. For whatever reason the DisplayPort just...
  7. Computers not showing in network

Computers not showing in network: I'm so very annoyed, I've been having this issue for many years now. I've sought help for many years now with no real fix. I go to File Explorer and Network and even though there is 3 computers all connected to the same router, all marked as private with sharing turned...
  8. Computer not showing in network

Computer not showing in network: Last week I upgraded my Acer laptop to version 1803. I went well. Today I decided to upgrade my Dell desktop and it did go quite as well. On the laptop I can can see the Dell desktop in Network along with itself and one other 1709 macine as well as printers on the network....
  9. Network not quite working

Network not quite working: I have a small network with 5 pcs on it - until last week everything was working fine but after a disaster I had to reinstall the OS (w10 pro 64bit) on one of the machines and since then have had a few issues. From any of the other machines I can see and access shared...
  10. Computers suddenly missing on network

Computers suddenly missing on network: Our home network has a desktop and 3 laptops. The 3 laptops all print through the network to the printer attached to the desktop. For some reason only 1 of the laptops now shows in the desktop network folder. The other 2 have vanished and cannot see the desktop either so...