Windows 10: Network

Discus and support Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I look at my network, right below it, it says PUBLIC, This seems odd. How can I change this? 45043 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by metromiami74, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Network

When I look at my network, right below it, it says PUBLIC, This seems odd. How can I change this?

:)

metromiami74, Mar 22, 2016

2. Windows 8.1 enterprise

The windows 8.1 Enterprise didn't come in ISO form so I can't use Rufus.

Xeon Network, Mar 22, 2016
  3. Network Services, Mar 22, 2016
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Network

There are three Windows network types. Domain, Private & Public. Public doesn't mean your PC is available to the public, but in fact means the opposite. It means that it's set to be more restrictive as if it were on a Public network. When it's showing as 'Public', firewall rules are more restrictive and things like file and printer sharing, PC discoverability, etc. are off.

For more detailed info, see the following tutorial:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html

ARC1020, Mar 23, 2016
Thema:

Network

1. Network - Similar Threads - Network

2. Windows Firweall LOCAL network access from other devices: FIX!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firweall LOCAL network access from other devices: FIX!: Symptoms: You can see one PC from another device, but you cannot access it. The error I had was 0x80070035 & something along the lines of "network path not found".FIX: Control Panel -> System and Secutiry -> Windows Firewall -> Advanced settings -> Inbound AND Outbound rules...
  3. Windows Firweall LOCAL network access from other devices: FIX!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Firweall LOCAL network access from other devices: FIX!: Symptoms: You can see one PC from another device, but you cannot access it. The error I had was 0x80070035 & something along the lines of "network path not found".FIX: Control Panel -> System and Secutiry -> Windows Firewall -> Advanced settings -> Inbound AND Outbound rules...
  4. Windows Firweall LOCAL network access from other devices: FIX!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 "This computer is not connected to a network"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 "This computer is not connected to a network": Windows 10 Pro 22H2In Windows explorer, when Network is selected, "This computer is not connected to a network. Click to connect" is displayed. Despite this, al other network systems are visible. Clicking on the "Click to connect..." does nothing.The Network & Internet...
  6. Windows 10 "This computer is not connected to a network"

Windows 10 "This computer is not connected to a network": Windows 10 Pro 22H2In Windows explorer, when Network is selected, "This computer is not connected to a network. Click to connect" is displayed. Despite this, al other network systems are visible. Clicking on the "Click to connect..." does nothing.The Network & Internet...
  7. Windows 10 "This computer is not connected to a network"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Sim slot available and fingerprint reader available, but no cellular network settings, or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sim slot available and fingerprint reader available, but no cellular network settings, or...: MY question is in two parts.I have a hp EliteBook 850 g5, there's a sim slot available by the side but in the system settings, there are no for cellular/sim network.I am up-to date with updates and even updated all network drivers individually under Device Manager.Under...
  9. Sim slot available and fingerprint reader available, but no cellular network settings, or...

Sim slot available and fingerprint reader available, but no cellular network settings, or...: MY question is in two parts.I have a hp EliteBook 850 g5, there's a sim slot available by the side but in the system settings, there are no for cellular/sim network.I am up-to date with updates and even updated all network drivers individually under Device Manager.Under...
  10. Hi - another network sharing issue.

Hi - another network sharing issue.: Hi - another frustrating network sharing issue. Until recently my wife has been able to access her files on my PC via her laptop over WiFi, no major issues. All devices were powered off recently while we were away from home, come back and suddenly the shared folders which...