Windows 10: Networked computer showing in taskbar

Discus and support Networked computer showing in taskbar in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On my home network, the other Win 10 PC is suddenly showing in my taskbar near the task view icon. I like the idea and would like to set the other Win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ebmm, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Ebmm Win User

Networked computer showing in taskbar

On my home network, the other Win 10 PC is suddenly showing in my taskbar near the task view icon. I like the idea and would like to set the other Win 10 machine to do the same but I can't find out how or why it decided to show up. Google has been of no help.

If anyone here knows, please clue me in. Thanks!!

:)

Ebmm, Jan 1, 2016
  2. PeterLoth Win User

Computer not showing up on other networked computers

I have investigated my problems and the results are still no connection between PC-3 and PC-2, PC-4

Windows Problemsolver showed:

PC-4 Message Windows Firewall-row 4jxr4b3r3du76ina39a98x8k2 blocking connection.

PC-4 Message Network configuration looks fine

PC-2 Message Network protocol is missing.

I disabled my Ad blocker and Windows firewall on PC-2, PC-3, PC-4 and the results are:

PC-1 shows PC-1, PC-2, PC-3 and PC-4 (Access to PC-3)

PC-2 shows PC-1, PC-2, PC-3 and PC-4 IP-Address 192.168.1.121

PC-3 shows PC-1, PC-2, PC-3 and PC-4 IP-Address 192.168.1.87

PC-4 shows PC-1, PC-2, PC-3 and PC-4 IP-Address 192.168.1.123

Connect PC-3 from explore on PC2 and PC-4 errorcode 0x80070035

Connect \\192.168.1.87 from explore on PC-2 and PC-4 errorcode 0x80004005

PC-2 ping 192.168.1.87 => Request timed out.

PC-4 ping 192.168.1.87 => Request timed out.

PC-3 ping 192.168.121 => Request timed out.

PC-3 ping 192.168.123 => Request timed out.

PeterLoth, Jan 1, 2016
  3. PeterLoth Win User
    Computer not showing up on other networked computers

Almost same problem.

Before the november upgrade;

PC-1 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit,

PC-2 Windows 10 Pro N 64 bit,

PC-3 Windows 10 Pro 64 bit contains all data files and are C.R.U.D. accessable by all PC's,

PC-4 Windows 10 Pro N 64 bit,

After (delayed) november upgrade

PC-1 shows PC-1, PC-2, PC-3, PC-4 and have access to PC-3 and printer connected to PC-3

PC-2 shows PC-1 and PC-4 and do not show PC-2 and PC-3 (No access to PC-3).

PC-3 shows PC-1, PC-3, PC-4 and do not show PC-2.

PC-4 shows PC-1, PC-4 and do not show PC-2 and PC-3 (No access to PC-3).

Trying to login to PC-3 from PC-2 and PC-4 a Windows 'Network error' pop-up with error message:

No access to \\PC-3

Check the name. Otherwise there's a problem with your network.

Error code 0x80004005

Somebody nows to solve this issue ?

PeterLoth, Jan 1, 2016
  4. Ebmm Win User

Sorry. It somehow found it's way into a folder I had created for an additional toolbar. It ended up just being a worthless static shortcut

Ebmm, Jan 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Networked computer showing in taskbar - Similar Threads - Networked computer showing

2. Computer will not show available networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will not show available networks: I’ve looked everywhere and done everything and still cannot find a fix for this. When i hit the “no wifi” logo, literally nothing but a bar that says Network and internet settings shows up. When i go there the troubleshooters are useless, and when i click on show available...
  3. Computer will not show available networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer will not show available networks: I’ve looked everywhere and done everything and still cannot find a fix for this. When i hit the “no wifi” logo, literally nothing but a bar that says Network and internet settings shows up. When i go there the troubleshooters are useless, and when i click on show available...
  4. Computer will not show available networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Networked computer not showing up

Networked computer not showing up: I've just installed Win10 on a small networked computer ethernet, which previously had Win7 on it. I access it most frequently from my desktop computer, also connected via ethernet. I have set up sharing on this computer, and can see, access, and write to folders on it, on...
  6. Home network computers not showing

Home network computers not showing: I am having the same problem as loads of other people and have tried all the various methods to sort it. I have set the Services to automatic -I have turned on SMB - checked every setting that all the variuos help pages suggest and it stiil doesn't work. I have a desktop...
  7. Network Computers not showing under network

Network Computers not showing under network: So, I checked, and the appropriate services are running under services.msc. We use windows server which I have access to but the local machine I do not have the admin password for. I can access the server one, but not the locals. I am trying to find a way to remote access...
  8. Computers not showing up on network

Computers not showing up on network: I have a network of 5 computers- are on Private Networks, but 4 computers recognize 4 computers but not the 5th, while the 5th computer recognizes all 5 computers. I can't map any network drive to 5th since it isn't recognized on the list. Also, don't know if this matters,...
  9. Computers not showing in network

Computers not showing in network: I'm so very annoyed, I've been having this issue for many years now. I've sought help for many years now with no real fix. I go to File Explorer and Network and even though there is 3 computers all connected to the same router, all marked as private with sharing turned...
  10. Computer not showing in network

Computer not showing in network: Last week I upgraded my Acer laptop to version 1803. I went well. Today I decided to upgrade my Dell desktop and it did go quite as well. On the laptop I can can see the Dell desktop in Network along with itself and one other 1709 macine as well as printers on the network....