Windows 10: networked shared profile not working on windows 10 under DC

Discus and support networked shared profile not working on windows 10 under DC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi everyone, I have DC controller 2012 and windows 10 pro test: I tried the following: 1. create a brand new windows 10 installation on a test... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Culi, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Culi Win User

networked shared profile not working on windows 10 under DC

hi everyone,
    I have DC controller 2012 and windows 10 pro test:

I tried the following:
    1. create a brand new windows 10 installation on a test machine; and join it to the domain
    2. logon as local admin and customized the desktop background and menu
    3. copy that default profile to netlogon shared on dc
    4. create a user with its profile path point to L: \\myDC\netlogon\default user.v6 (which is the one copied from step 3)
    5. on the test machine, logon as a test user (error say: cannot logon / logon as a temp profile only)
    6. when I remove that profile path from step 4 above then the logon is ok; but it does not apply the networked profile.

can anyone give me some hint?

thanks in advance!!!

:)

2. Windows 10 Map Network Drive, Not Accepting Credentials, Access Denied.

For what it's worth, I've got a similar problem.

I have a 2012 R2 DC that uses a policy to create some mapped network drives to shares on a second 2012 R2 server.

Using Windows 10 the shares are mapped - but they cannot be used, Windows 10 just sits and eventually the File Explorer times out when trying to open any of them. Needless to say, it all works fine under Windows 8.1

SweetSweetWasabi, Aug 24, 2016
  3. Terrif911 Win User
    Windows 10 file sharing with user permissions using homegroup network on Windows 10.

Check these settings, Chris.

Under Settings, open your Network & Sharing Center. Click on Advanced Sharing. It should say "Change Sharing Options for Different Network Profiles. There are three categories with expandable arrows to the right.

The second category down says "Guest or Public". Expand that category. Make sure the option, "Turn on File and Print Sharing" is checked. This should give any profile in your network read/write permissions. Also found more on public folder sharing
    permissions here.

Turn On or Off Public Folder Sharing in Windows 10

Hope this works for you.

Terrif911, Aug 24, 2016
Thema:

networked shared profile not working on windows 10 under DC

1. networked shared profile not working on windows 10 under DC - Similar Threads - networked shared profile

2. Particular website is not working from a PC In a DC network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Particular website is not working from a PC In a DC network: Hi,I have an issue, the particular website is not working in our DC network so added AAA records in the DNS server. Now on one pc it is not working & redirecting to another local IP.I had done a Network reset, and flushed DNS, browser cache clear & hosts updated. Still the...
  3. Particular website is not working from a PC In a DC network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Particular website is not working from a PC In a DC network: Hi,I have an issue, the particular website is not working in our DC network so added AAA records in the DNS server. Now on one pc it is not working & redirecting to another local IP.I had done a Network reset, and flushed DNS, browser cache clear & hosts updated. Still the...
  4. Network Sharing Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Sharing Not Working: Hi all. I'm unable to network share, sending files to this computer due to this error. How do I fix this? I'm still able to share files from this computer just not recieve. Also the advance sharing settings are greyed out for me....
  5. Network Sharing Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Sharing Not Working: Hi all. I'm unable to network share, sending files to this computer due to this error. How do I fix this? I'm still able to share files from this computer just not recieve. Also the advance sharing settings are greyed out for me....
  6. Network Sharing Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Network Sharing Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Sharing Not Working: I have been trying to share my PCs network with my xbox. I have my PC plugged in via ethernet from my router and my xbox plugged in via ethernet to my PC. I can sometimes get it to work when manually putting in a DNS server on the xbox but when i do that i have strict or...
  8. Network sharing - computer does not appear under Network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network sharing - computer does not appear under Network: I have a desktop computer which has a folder I want to share to my 2 laptops and my wife's laptop. I initially did not have file sharing enabled for the desktop, but I figured out how to do that - I think. I used file explorer and the "Give access to" selection to share the...
  9. New DC temporary profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New DC temporary profile: Hello! we set up a new DC with roaming profile and such to upgrade our old server 2003. The issue is whenever we logg in we get temporary profile. we have tried with several different profiles and pc's. For some reason one of the admin accounts do not get the error, but we...
  10. New DC temporary profile

in Windows 10 Support
    New DC temporary profile: Hello! we set up a new DC with roaming profile and such to upgrade our old server 2003. The issue is whenever we logg in we get temporary profile. we have tried with several different profiles and pc's. For some reason one of the admin accounts do not get the error, but we...