Windows 10: networking a win 10 home to win7 pro

Discus and support networking a win 10 home to win7 pro in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; "You bo not have permission to access" when I try to open a floder on the win 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WilliamSmith1937, Jul 17, 2018.

1. networking a win 10 home to win7 pro

"You bo not have permission to access" when I try to open a floder on the win 7

:)

WilliamSmith1937, Jul 17, 2018

2. Perform upgrade to win7 ultimate OEM copy to Win 10 pro but keep using Win7 Ultimate, Win 8.1 and New Win 10 in triple boot

Hello Frank,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• What do you mean by this statement "If I purchased the win 10 pro upgrade USB retail, cloned my win7 install to another hard drive on the same computer and use the Upgrade Win10 USB to upgrade "cloned" win 7 install to win 10 would I have a license to all
      3 products"?
    • You mean upgrading Windows 7 or installing on different partition?

I appreciate if you could simplify your query with an example, so that we'll analyze the issue and guide you accordingly.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 17, 2018
  3. BSODs in WIN 10, Pro

Where did you purchase the "OEM version of Win7 Pro?"

When did you do the clean install of Win7 Pro on the 2 TB HDD?

Have you Activate (Validated; Authenticated) the clean install of Win7 Pro?

Is the Win7 partition fully-patched at Windows Update?

Sounds like you need to format the drive where Win10 resides and then do a clean install of same using a new disk you've created from the "MS Win 10 web site,"
    not a backup or clone.

FYI:

Tip: You'd be better off posting about installing & dual-booting Win10 in this forum =>

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jul 17, 2018
  4. networking a win 10 home to win7 pro

Upgrade from Win7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro.

Updated 4 Dell machines from Win7 Pro to Windows 10 and one from Win. 8.1 Pro to Win 10. All 5 only updated to windows 10 Home instead of Pro. Should they not have been automatically updated to Windows 10 Pro? If so, what's the fix.

BobDressler, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

networking a win 10 home to win7 pro

1. networking a win 10 home to win7 pro - Similar Threads - networking home win7

2. updating win7 home to win10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    updating win7 home to win10 pro: Acer Aspire 5560 laptop.On my win10 desktop, I run MediaCreationTool22H2.exe to a clean 64Gb USB Data Key using all defaults and it makes it bootable. On the laptop, I boot with the USB drive inserted but I get a message saying it can't update this way. I must first boot into...
  3. updating win7 home to win10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    updating win7 home to win10 pro: Acer Aspire 5560 laptop.On my win10 desktop, I run MediaCreationTool22H2.exe to a clean 64Gb USB Data Key using all defaults and it makes it bootable. On the laptop, I boot with the USB drive inserted but I get a message saying it can't update this way. I must first boot into...
  4. updating win7 home to win10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrade from Win7 Pro 64bit to Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Win7 Pro 64bit to Win 10 Home: 1.I have Win 7 Pro 64bit installed on this computer. I have a genuine product code.2.I wish to upgrade to Win 10 , preferrably without having to reload programs, email provider or Firefox. Is this still a free service? How do I do this?3.I wish to connect the upgraded...
  6. Upgrade from Win7 Pro 64bit to Win 10 Home

Upgrade from Win7 Pro 64bit to Win 10 Home: 1.I have Win 7 Pro 64bit installed on this computer. I have a genuine product code.2.I wish to upgrade to Win 10 , preferrably without having to reload programs, email provider or Firefox. Is this still a free service? How do I do this?3.I wish to connect the upgraded...
  7. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I have replaced my old laptop with a new one.My old PC had Win 10 Pro free update from Win 7 Pro.The new one has Win 10 Home. I was advised that all I needed to do was to change the product key using the one I had for Win 7 and it would update to the Pro version. This did...
  8. home network win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    home network win 10: Prior questions here have led to no answer. 2 computers on the same wifi network need to access each other. Computer that i need to access shows up on File Explorer - Network. But attempts to access give this: [ATTACH] I have tried all of my passwords, looked for something...
  9. Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro Upgrade stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro Upgrade stuck: Hi - Trying to update Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro - using a full retail USB version of Win 10. Follow the instructions to boot from USB - typed in the Windows Key supplied - Chose the Upgrade keeping exisiting files option. Then get a message stating that update cannot be...
  10. Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro bag HD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro bag HD: Hello, Team, I have HDD failing with my Win 7 Pro. Downloaded and installed Win 10 Pro on new HDD. How to activate new Win 10 Pro or move Windows activation to new HD? Thanks....