Windows 10: Networking API Improvements in Windows 10

Discus and support Networking API Improvements in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In today’s cloud-first, mobile-first technology world, most Store apps have at least some integration with web services or other devices on a network.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Networking API Improvements in Windows 10

Source: Networking API Improvements in Windows 10 | Building Apps for Windows

:)

Brink, Jul 1, 2015

2. Bluetooth improvements needed ASAP in Windows 10

Hi Ramesh,

Regarding Issue 2, I blamed Win10 too initially until I finally figured out that it was a problem with my Bluetooth driver. My Acer laptop's Win7 BT driver was probably incompatible with Win10 and so during the upgrade it got replaced with MS' own generic
    driver. Unfortunately MS' version has minimal functionality and lacks both the Share tab as well as, most importantly, the ability to auto receive files without making the user select Receive Files every single time.

Once I tracked down and installed the proper updated Win10 driver for my laptop's BT chipset, voil , I immediately got the Share tab and can send files to the laptop as before without having to select Receive Files explicitly.

See my post in
    this thread
    for more details and screenshots.

RobertJWin, Jul 1, 2015
  3. Ramesh K. Win User
    Bluetooth improvements needed ASAP in Windows 10

Windows 10 really needs to be much smarter when it comes to Bluetooth support.

Issue 1: The Action Center quick action for Bluetooth disappears when Bluetooth is disabled on a Windows 10 PC.

When I enable Bluetooth on my laptop (via Fn+F3), I can add it as one of the four quick actions in Action Center as can be seen below:

Networking API Improvements in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Unfortunately, when I disable Bluetooth to save battery life the quick action for it also disappears (there is actually no Bluetooth option shown in the Action Center any more). When I have explicitly customised my quick actions, Windows should not try to
    be over 'helpful' and remove any of them without my explicit permission. If I disable Bluetooth I expect the quick action to remain as-is in the position selected by me. It can be shown as a disabled option but removing it from the Action Center completely
    is unacceptable.

Surely Windows should be able to detect that the Bluetooth radio has simply been turned off, and thus leave the quick action in its user-selected position instead of removing it altogether?

Issue 2: The procedure for receiving files over Bluetooth is unnecessarily complicated.

After pairing my laptop and any phone, I can send files from the laptop to the phone easily over Bluetooth. As soon as I initiate the transfer a popup on the phone informs me that a file is being sent and asks for my permission.

Unfortunately, the reverse is not as easy to accomplish. If I simply send files from a paired phone to the laptop over Bluetooth, the transfer always fails. It seems Windows 10 needs to be explicitly placed in 'Receive Mode'
    before the file transfer is initiated from the phone. So I first have to right-click the Bluetooth icon in the system tray/notification area and select
    Receive a File, and only then can I initiate file transfer from the phone once the laptop is waiting for an incoming connection:

This seems unnecessarily burdensome. Why can't Windows 10 be smarter and act just like phones do when it comes to receiving files over Bluetooth? I should be able to simply send files from a paired phone or other device and Windows 10 should automatically
    display a toast notification (just like phones do) asking whether I want to accept the incoming files or not. Having to place Windows 10 explicitly in 'Receive Mode' should not be required, just as it isn't required on any phone with Bluetooth (even ancient
    dumb/feature phones for that matter).

Ramesh K., Jul 1, 2015
Thema:

Networking API Improvements in Windows 10

1. Networking API Improvements in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Networking API Improvements

2. Windows 10 KB5026361 released with improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5026361 released with improvements: Windows 10 KB5026361 is now heading to devices in the production channel with many bug fixes. This is a mandatory Patch Tuesday update, and it is rolling out via Windows Update, or you can also download the .msu package. Microsoft has published direct download links for...
  3. Change/Improve/Update WİFİ NETWORK ADAPTER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change/Improve/Update WİFİ NETWORK ADAPTER: Hi,I have netwotk adapter which named "Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230" so it gives 2.4 ghz wireless connection. Therefore ı want to upgrade my network adapter . I will remove the hardware which ı had and install the top model. I want to know that How can I find out which...
  4. New Windows 10 APIs to improve inking in Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 APIs to improve inking in Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome: According to code commits reviewed by us, Microsoft is working on a number of improvements to inking in Chromium-based browsers, such as Edge and Chrome. The software giant decided to do something about inking in Chromium after receiving feedback from users regarding how...
  5. Introducing a new and improved Twitter API

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing a new and improved Twitter API: We planned to launch the new Twitter API today. But given the security incident we discovered yesterday, the timing of our launch no longer made sense or felt right. We have no evidence the incident had anything to do with our API, but we decided to move the launch to a more...
  6. Network connection speed is slow, how to improve?

Network connection speed is slow, how to improve?: I recently bought a new server. It has a Gigabit speed network card. I also have a laptop with a 10/100 card in it. When using remote desktop to transfer files to the server, the speed is only 2-3 MB. I have checked both cards setup, and they are the only two devices on the...
  7. How to get started with windows 10 APIs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get started with windows 10 APIs?: I have simple tasks that i need to trigger, but i don't know how to communicate with windows APIs, what language do i use, what are those APIs for every task that i want to trigger. For example: i want trigger Dark mode with a single click. submitted by /u/yassinebridi...
  8. Windows 10 WinRT API Packs released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 WinRT API Packs released: With the announcement of the release of .NET Core 3.0, we are pleased to announce we have posted on nuget.org the released versions of the Windows 10 WinRT API Pack. The Windows 10 WinRT API Pack allows your WPF or Winforms application to quickly and easily access Windows...
  9. Windows 10 needs improving.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 needs improving.: Everything in Windows 10 aren't working. I have trouble with the audio on video & music folders. The audio is not available. I try everything to get them working again, but I still having troubles. Tubecast isn't working. It said network error retry. But it still isn't...
  10. Help Network Gurus - Network Switch improves speed a lot !!!

Help Network Gurus - Network Switch improves speed a lot !!!: Hi there I can't understand this at all but any network Gurus out there Got rid of 4 X LAN 100 metre cables which went into an AC 1900 nighthawk extender - which connected to my main ISP router via wi fi on 5GHZ band (temporary solution until I can lay a decent Lan...