Windows 10: Networking computers using Ethernet cable?

Discus and support Networking computers using Ethernet cable? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I connect one computer to another computer with an Ethernet cable to share files. I'm using Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SamRDS123, Aug 7, 2018.

1. SamRDS123 Win User

Networking computers using Ethernet cable?

How do I connect one computer to another computer with an Ethernet cable to share files. I'm using Windows 10?

:)

SamRDS123, Aug 7, 2018

2. Computer Is Not Detecting Ethernet Cable/Saying Its Unplugged

Hi Michael,

This could have happened due to several reasons like outdated driver or issue with your Ethernet cable. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

Regards.

Anthony Gal, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Ethernet cable

I am a tech for Staples and I am working on a computer for a customer. It was brought in for a Tune Up and we found viruses on it. There has been Network issues were it will not connect to WiFi and after the intake, it will not connect via hardline. Now
    it is an HP AIO, Pentium Processor, 4th Gen, bought brand new. It is up to date so far, I updated the Network adapter and I even tried resetting the DNS server. I swapped out the ethernet cables on other computers and they all worked except on the AIO. I
    pinged the Gateway and all four pings were lost. Nothing has worked so far. It has been suggested that it could be the ethernet port itself. After switching out ethernet cables and testing them on other computers, we think it may not be this. The CMD prompt
    ipconfig failed at ipconfig/renew. The message said media is disconnected. Network Troubleshooter recognized the ethernet cable but said the DNS server is not responding. I do not have my notes since it against company policy to take them home. I would
    appreciate any tips or suggestions

JeremyPoolaw, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Networking computers using Ethernet cable?

"Network Cable Unplugged" on Ethernet Connection

One thing you might try, enter BIOS and load and save defaults. I was really counting on power fix. Maybe even try again and leave overnight. (Yes, long shot)

So you seem to be well versed in the ways of the PC. I would suggest that you download a copy of Ubuntu and burn it to a disk. Then boot from disk. Do not install it on PC, just say I want to try. With network cable plugged in, see if Ubuntu sees network cable. Firefox is part of the standard package, you can even try that. You should see the icons across the top, right hand side. Please keep wireless disable.

If Ubuntu does not see cable, then you the next step might be disassembling laptop and see if some is amiss. Not much you can fix as it is, in all likelihood solder to board. I see this error with this RealTek device up and down the internet.

You can by an Ethernet to USB device if we get that far.

Ubuntu at

Download Ubuntu Desktop | Download | Ubuntu

They ask for donation, click not now. This will get you an iso. Use your normal process to mount and burn to disk.

If there is no try option the you can abandon.

Caledon Ken, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Networking computers using Ethernet cable?

1. Networking computers using Ethernet cable? - Similar Threads - Networking computers using

2. No internet using ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet using ethernet cable: Hey,I have had my internet running for almost a year with no issues, now suddenly i just stops working and i am lost why.My PC doesnt want to connect to internet using the ethernet cable, wifi works fine and has no issues.Its not my cable as i unplugged it from my PC and on...
  3. No internet using ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet using ethernet cable: Hey,I have had my internet running for almost a year with no issues, now suddenly i just stops working and i am lost why.My PC doesnt want to connect to internet using the ethernet cable, wifi works fine and has no issues.Its not my cable as i unplugged it from my PC and on...
  4. Ethernet Network Cable Unplugged Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Network Cable Unplugged Problem: Laptop = Lenovo IdeaPad S340-15IWL OS = Windows 10Modem = Netmaster Infinity 401USB to Ethernet Adapter = ASIX AX88179 USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter---I plugged my adapter into the SS USB port on my laptop, then connected the adapter with my modem via an ethernet...
  5. Ethernet Network Cable Unplugged Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Network Cable Unplugged Problem: Laptop = Lenovo IdeaPad S340-15IWL OS = Windows 10Modem = Netmaster Infinity 401USB to Ethernet Adapter = ASIX AX88179 USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter---I plugged my adapter into the SS USB port on my laptop, then connected the adapter with my modem via an ethernet...
  6. Ethernet Network Cable Unplugged Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Network not show devices after I use ethernet cable

Network not show devices after I use ethernet cable: I was using ethernet for the server computer, while with wifi adapter for the 2nd desktop. Under NETWORK, I had both desktops showed. However, after I took the wifi adapter but connected the 2nd desktop as client with ethernet. The network doesn't show the server computer...
  8. Connecting two computers using an Ethernet cable and getting "unidentified network" on both...

Connecting two computers using an Ethernet cable and getting "unidentified network" on both...: So I'm trying to set up a server pc in my roomwhich is far away from the router. One of the pcs in my room has a wireless adapter and the other doesn't, so I try to share the network over an ethernet cable. The pcs are detecting each other, but giving "unidentified network"...
  9. Computer not recognizing Ethernet cable

Computer not recognizing Ethernet cable: Hi, my computer's internet has been fine but when I turned my computer on today, it had no internet. When I told it to troubleshoot issues it said no ethernet cable was plugged in or that it was broken. I have not made any changes or updates recently so this is out of the...
  10. "Network Cable Unplugged" on Ethernet Connection

"Network Cable Unplugged" on Ethernet Connection: Let's start at the beginning... In early November I broke my collarbone which resulted in my being out of work since. Being unable to really sit in my office at my desk (plugged directly into the modem as I typically am via ethernet), I moved my laptop downtairs and began...