Windows 10: Networking doesnt work when using Safe Mode with Networking

Discus and support Networking doesnt work when using Safe Mode with Networking in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know I am getting on everyone's nerves with all of these posts, but this is my only way to get things resolved. Safe Mode with Networking:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jesse Williams, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Networking doesnt work when using Safe Mode with Networking

I know I am getting on everyone's nerves with all of these posts, but this is my only way to get things resolved.

Safe Mode with Networking: Networking doesn't work.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

:)

Jesse Williams, Aug 7, 2015
  2. WesStrueb Win User

No Network when using safe mode with networking

Here you go, Zedrick. I apologize for the delay in responding.

As that link indicated, I was not able to completely perform the registry "hack." though I believe the two errors I included under that link are related, I see the first one any time I boot into safe mode, whether it is with or without networking.

In any case, results (I created a dvd with the ISO burned to it if I need to do this again in the future, but I (re)installed after mounting it from my HDD):

1. (re)install proceeded normally, or at least as normally as I could see - eg, no error or warning messages (actually, I hasd one message which, turns out to be a no-issue. During the final reboot and update, the screen said something like, "Well this is
    taking a bit longer than expected....". It DID take a while, but everything seems to have completed OK.

2. After rebooting once the install completed, Spotlight and the signin screen were working again

3. When the desktop came up, the recycle bin icon(s) had been reset to the standard wastebaskets - again; in addition, I had to go into the registry (once I had set the icons to the ones that I normally use) and set the values in order that the recycle bin
    would show both an "empty" and a "full" icon

4. I had to reset my sound output to use my speakers. It had "NVIDIA output" set. That appears to be from the install of my NVIDIA drivers for my graphics card, as opposed to a Windows 10 issue.

So, the upshot is - I have a clean and functioning system (even my video drivers are working better!), but no joy on Safe Mode. It appears that, I need to work around the problem by downloading first, booting into safe mode, run my antivirus software, and
    then do whatever I need to do in Safe Mode.

So, unless there are other suggestions (like perhaps why I get those failed messages from the registry editor in Safe Mode), I'm considering this unresolved, but closed.

Thank you very much for your efforts on my behalf.

WesStrueb, Aug 7, 2015
  3. WesStrueb Win User
    No Network when using safe mode with networking

Hi, Winter Firefly;

Replying to my own reply (and therefore to your suggestions), I tried to apply that reg file. I'll have to include the screenshots of the message boxes as attachments. (oops, I don;t see a place to attach them)

Whenever I boot to safe mode (either plain safe mode or safe mode with networking), I get a "tips can't be opened" "error"

I don't believe a really big deal, but I'm not sure I understand it. Anyway, when I tried to "browse" the reg file, no matter how I tried to open it WITHOUT RUNNING it, I'd get a window that gave me the option of running it or canceling. I tried "edit",
    I tried to "open with" notepad, I tried to open with my text editor of choice (Programmers Notepad 2) - always the same "run/cancel" box.

When I did try to run the .reg file, I got several message boxes, but the final one concerns me, saying it "cannot import the .reg file (again, I have no place to send the attached screenshot.)

So, it appears that the ONLY option I have left is your suggestion to re-install using the media creation tool.

Oh, and my sign in screen and spotlight aren't co-operating with each other again, either. <sigh>

Unless there are other options, I'll let you know how the re-install went. That will have to be this evening before I can devote the time to it.

Thanks!

WesStrueb, Aug 7, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Networking doesnt work when using Safe Mode with Networking

Guess a question first would be what issues are you having that you need to do this ?

jds63, Aug 7, 2015
  5. When I was having problems with my Norton product, I had to contact technical support with Norton. When they booted my computer in Safe Mode with Networking, Networking wouldn't work.

Jesse Williams, Aug 7, 2015
  6. cyberSAR Win User
    Are you using a wired or wireless connection? Not uncommon for a wireless connection to not work in safe mode.

cyberSAR, Aug 7, 2015
  7. I am using Wireless on my Laptops. But, it also happens on my Desktop. The Desktop is wired.

Jesse Williams, Aug 8, 2015
  8. cyberSAR Win User

Just tested on 3 machines with wired connections and have no issues with networking in safe mode.

cyberSAR, Aug 8, 2015
  9. Well, I don't know why mine will not connect. Do you know how I can fix this issue?

10. cyberSAR Win User
    Not sure. Are you running any kind of proprietary software to manage your network connections? Many OEMs install programs to "make it easier" to connect and manage networks. Make sure windows is managing your networks on the wired connections.

cyberSAR, Aug 8, 2015
  11. No, I am not running any proprietary software.

12. How would I see if they are managing the networks?

13. cyberSAR Win User

Just realized you said you have Norton. Wonder if that could be the issue? Haven't used it in many years and usually rip it out of any machine that has it.

cyberSAR, Aug 8, 2015
  14. Yes, I do. I use it through my ISP which is CenturyLink.

15. cyberSAR Win User
    Not sure what to advise. Like I said, you usually can't connect thru safe made on wireless but I have never had issues connecting with a wired connection (as long as there weren't other issues such as malware). Wonder if it might be worth uninstalling Norton and then trying?

cyberSAR, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Networking doesnt work when using Safe Mode with Networking - Similar Threads - Networking doesnt using

2. In Safe Mode with Networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Safe Mode with Networking: I went into Safe Mode with Networking to see if I can uninstall windows apps that have greyed out uninstall buttons, like XBox Game bar, but when I am in safe mode none of the apps show up. In fact it shows only 3 apps installed. Action center won't open when clicked. Trying...
  3. In Safe Mode with Networking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Safe Mode with Networking: I went into Safe Mode with Networking to see if I can uninstall windows apps that have greyed out uninstall buttons, like XBox Game bar, but when I am in safe mode none of the apps show up. In fact it shows only 3 apps installed. Action center won't open when clicked. Trying...
  4. In Safe Mode with Networking

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. No networking on safe mode?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No networking on safe mode?: I went to safe mode in search of malware/s and I found out networking on safe mode is not feasible. Is that for all W10 versions? Is there a way around it? 170654
  6. No networking on safe mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    No networking on safe mode?: I went to safe mode in search of malware/s and I found out networking on safe mode is not feasible. Is that for all W10 versions? Is there a way around it? 170654
  7. Networking in safe mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Networking in safe mode: Hi. Hope you are doing well. I have an HP laptop and it was working perfectly until recently, as soon as I sign-in to my Microsoft account the screen starts to Flicker wildly, when I try to open the task manager it prompts an error related to 'd3d12.dll not found'. After...
  8. Safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe mode with networking: No matter what I try safe mode with networking refuses to work for me. Im running windows 10, it's an evoo laptop submitted by /u/sjredditor15 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fwns17/safe_mode_with_networking/
  9. host networking working in only safe mode with networking

host networking working in only safe mode with networking: My windows 2003 server stopped working in normal mode, but working in "safe mode with networking" and giving reply from all peers, and reaching all remote locations. in Normal mode not even ping to peer and giving error "destination host unreachable". tried with new NIC. IP...
  10. Network In Safe Mode Not Working

Network In Safe Mode Not Working: Is there a service or componet service or some other thing that can be toggled off or on that would cause Safe Mode with Networking to stop? I upgraded from W7 to W10 (early August) with a desktop and the W10 Safe Mode with Networking worked until a few weeks ago (first of...