Windows 10: Networking ethernet and wireless

Discus and support Networking ethernet and wireless in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I have a desktop connected by ethernet cable from which I can see the laptop when opening Network, but the wireless laptop just shows media icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tizzy, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Tizzy Win User

Networking ethernet and wireless

Hi I have a desktop connected by ethernet cable from which I can see the laptop when opening Network, but the wireless laptop just shows media icons from the desktop. The desktop uses Network 2 name while the laptop uses the Telstra numbers from the modem connection. IP addresses desktop IPv4 10.0.0.1, laptop IPv4 10.0.0.13. DNS is the same 10.0.0.138. To share files should be an easy task but I'm finding it very hard. It seems to be because the names are different but how do I change that?

:)

Tizzy, Jul 6, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, Networking ethernet and wireless :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Jul 6, 2018
  3. JBG123 Win User
    Using a router to connect PC with Ethernet

Well Ethernet isn't an option atm, and powerline networking depends on the wires you already have in the house (which will be very old) have any suggestions on top notch wireless network adapters?

JBG123, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Networking ethernet and wireless

Unable to print to a network printer when connected to both wireless and wired networks

Hi Eileen,

• As far as i'm aware nothing has changed
    • i have only tried to send test pages to the network printer so im assuming so yes
    • wireless printer works fine when connected to both networks. However the wifi doesn't connect auto when an Ethernet connection is established this has to be manually connected.
    I have tried the following:

• updated the print driver
    • changed the network port it was plugged into
    • ran windows updates
    • configured with a static
    • changed the wifi and Ethernet priority
    I will run through the trouble shoot steps as suggest and come back to you.

FYI - he has a number of extenders dotted around, a collegue mentioned it could be a subnet issue?

thanks, Ben

BenDavies12333, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Networking ethernet and wireless

1. Networking ethernet and wireless - Similar Threads - Networking ethernet wireless

2. Is there a way to easily switch from an ethernet network to a wireless WiFi network so we...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to easily switch from an ethernet network to a wireless WiFi network so we...: Is there a way to easily switch from an ethernet network to a wireless WiFi network so we can utilize our printer which is wireless? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-easily-switch-from-an-ethernet/d9675095-d14a-4c64-b8a9-a2fb61cd2ab3
  3. Is there a way to easily switch from an ethernet network to a wireless WiFi network so we...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to easily switch from an ethernet network to a wireless WiFi network so we...: Is there a way to easily switch from an ethernet network to a wireless WiFi network so we can utilize our printer which is wireless? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-easily-switch-from-an-ethernet/d9675095-d14a-4c64-b8a9-a2fb61cd2ab3
  4. network, ethernet, wireless

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network, ethernet, wireless: hello all, im having trouble with internet connections on my pc. ethernet says unidentified network, "ethernet doesnt have valid IP configuration" which started out of the blue, was working fine, and then nothing. and my wifi doesnt even appear under networks. under device...
  5. network/ethernet

network/ethernet: Hello! I would like to know how can I rename my network/ethernet of my pc. Is there any one to help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networkethernet/0bd709aa-2a13-4253-a932-6f803fa868b3
  6. Wireless Networks

Wireless Networks: Upgraded my HP Omni Pro 110 from Window 7 to Windows 10. This PC has no built-in wireless network adapter so I use Netgear N900 Wireless Dual Band USB adapter. After upgrade my PC no longer finds any wireless networks even though many are in the area. I don’t have WiFi so I...
  7. I can't connect to a wireless network only ethernet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't connect to a wireless network only ethernet: I had an i5 2320 System not too long ago and worked with connecting over wi-fi bit then I decided to use an ethernet WiFi block (because my WiFi wasn't too good in my room) and suddenly I couldn't go back to WiFi. I've read many posts about this issue however they were...
  8. ethernet network

ethernet network: how can I change the name of my ethernet network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-network/1cd3a739-a480-4490-9866-79a08a3b5526
  9. network frequently disconnects, both ethernet(wired) and USB(wireless)

network frequently disconnects, both ethernet(wired) and USB(wireless): My system has been frequently disconnecting from my network for several months. I connect via ethernet cable using the Realtek PCIe GbE adapter built into the motherboard. I've updated the driver both from the motherboard manufacturer as well as directly from Realtek with...
  10. Ethernet vs. wireless

Ethernet vs. wireless: Is there such a thing as a 5 Ghz Ethernet card, or is just 5 Ghz wireless? 67156