Windows 10: Networking How to

Discus and support Networking How to in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am finding so much conflicting information about Windows 10. I had no problems with Win 7 and Work Group. I will not use Home Group so don't even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ken1943, Jan 26, 2018.

1. ken1943 Win User

Networking How to

I am finding so much conflicting information about Windows 10. I had no problems with Win 7 and Work Group. I will not use Home Group so don't even bring that up. Reading about conflicts with Home Group services causing problems with Work Groups.

I removed everything I tried so can start from cratch.

I have 3 puters on WiFi and one wired.

Can someone please point me in the correct direction ?

Tnx

:)

ken1943, Jan 26, 2018
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Jan 26, 2018
  3. How How Win User
    I can't minimize windows edge browser in Windows 10

I am using a desktop and cannot minimize. By now there should be a solution. How can I got back to Windows 8, this is not working for me.

How How, Jan 26, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

Networking How to

Forget homegroup and just use workgroup as you did in 7

Samuria, Jan 26, 2018
  5. Kbird Win User
    I have read M$ is removing HomeGroups from Win10.....not sure if that is the issue?

do all the computer have passwords and have file sharing enabled on a Private Network?

are they all on the same Workgroup ? look under System ...it can be any name....M$ default is Workgroup

Try turning the SMBv1 Client back on :
    Explorer/Network shown everything except Computer - Windows 10 Forums

and setting one of the PC's (Server on 24/7?) to be the Domain Master and to Maintain a List

Explorer/Network shown everything except Computer - Windows 10 Forums

and be PATIENT SMBv1 can takes hours not minutes to sort itself out and replicate to all computers ...eg leave everything on overnight.. after starting them 1 by 1 , the Server 1st.....

above is working for me currently...

Kbird, Jan 28, 2018
  6. ken1943 Win User
    Everything except SMBv1, passwords turned off and just home network. Used to tell people how to network with Win 7, so know my way around. Really can get along with a flash stick, but decided to play with networking a little. I will find out if it is the TP-Link C7 router the next time I play around. There was a firmware update I installed. I had a Zone Alarm Free firewall which killed port 137 so back to Windows Firewall with Windows Firewall Control. I have people on news groups involved also. When I found I could not even ping anything on the lan/wlan, it pointed me in another direction > my router.

ken1943, Jan 28, 2018
  7. Kbird Win User
    I don't quite understand the above.....everything except SMBv1?

Networking on Win10 WILL NOT work if there is no Password present for Logon... (M$ considers this a security risk)

you can however use the Tutorial here on TenForums to bypass the Logon when you start your computer....

I also assume you triple checked you had the right FW for the Revision and Country of the C7 you have ???

Kbird, Jan 28, 2018
  8. ken1943 Win User

Networking How to

The C7 installed from the C7 USA model. Have to check out the password. Doesn't sound correct to me.

ken1943, Jan 28, 2018
  9. Kbird Win User
    It was the very 1st issue I had when upgrading from Win7 , as I was not aware of the requirement of a Password in win10 to enable File Sharing on the local Network, ( blank passwords don't work like Win7) even if you don't use it to login , I now have the lockscreen disabled and the password is inserted automatically using netplwiz. I don't think things have changed...... of course file Sharing with passwords must be on too....

Once the password is stored the 1st time in windows Credentials , you don't ever need to enter it again unless a M$ update upsets it somehow...you can even add Credentials to the Store beforehand....

Credential Manager is where Windows stores passwords and login details. Heres how to use it! | Digital Citizen

____________________________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________

What Are Network Credentials in Windows 10

from above site........

What Are Network Credentials in Windows 10?

In Windows 10, it is impossible to access shared resources on the network without entering a valid username and password. Suppose that everyone can access other person’s computer and visit data with a blank password, then it will cause severe issues, nobody could protect their personal privacy. To prevent things getting worse, the “password protected sharing” is enabled by default when a user attempts to share data. The other person who would like to visit them will need to type the username and password in the “Enter Network Credentials” screen.

Network Credentials are the account and password that stored in local host in order to visit network resource. This is to validate that the correct person and service are sending data to the right receiver’s device.
    It should be the login credentials of the machine on which you are accessing the folder/data. If the sender is prepared to share some folders or driver and set the appropriate permissions by using username and password, then the receiver should use the same username and password to login into that particular computer.
    If you have a local network in Windows 10, it is likely that you are willing to share files between different PCs. For the sake of protecting your computer from unauthorized access, there are network credentials, which is a satisfactory protection.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________

Some other Helpful links:

Turn On or Off File and Printer Sharing in Windows 10 Network Sharing Tutorials

Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup User Accounts Tutorials

Turn On or Off Password Protected Sharing in Windows 10 Network Sharing Tutorials

Turn On or Off Network Discovery in Windows 10 Network Sharing Tutorials

Kbird, Jan 28, 2018
  10. ken1943 Win User
    I had to allow ping in Windows FW. Once I was able to ping other puters here, that put me in a better position to test further.
    With everything set up, I see the shared folder/drive now, but typical "you don't have permission" crap. If there was a way to open my puters
    completely to me, I would do it in the blink of an eye. MS is forcing me into a position I do not like. Same with passwords. Roboform and GoDaddy email forced me to change companies even though I have almost two years paid. They just turned into 'crap' companies. Sorry to vent but, I am getting too old for this stuff.

ken1943, Jan 31, 2018
  11. Kbird Win User
    If you have a M$ Account and windows is setup up with it , that is also your Network Password , personally even in Win7 I used the AutoLogin etc via NetPlwiz too.

If Windows has a Local Account , it needs a PW to enable networking too, blank PWs like Win7 no longer work , AFAIK, then just use AutoLogin and disable the Lock screen too, and you never have to enter it again.... except the 1st time you access each networked Computer .

Kbird, Feb 1, 2018
  12. ken1943 Win User
    I did use that program way back for some reason. These days, when installing Windows, I just leave the password blank. Just read where MS is getting rid of the Home Group. Of course what happens with Pro is unknown. I will continue using flash sticks and just 'play' with networking
    when I get in the mood.

ken1943, Feb 1, 2018
  13. Samuria Win User

Networking How to

A simple way of sharing is put onedriveon each pc or google drive as that will synce files all on its own

Samuria, Feb 1, 2018
  14. Kbird Win User
    Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Networking How to

1. Networking How to - Similar Threads - Networking

2. Networking.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Networking.: I have recently got my first Windows 11 computer and I am trying to let it communicate with my old Windows 7 machine. The Windows 11 machine can access the Windows 7 machine ok but trying to access the other way consistently reports "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad...
  3. Networking.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Networking.: I have recently got my first Windows 11 computer and I am trying to let it communicate with my old Windows 7 machine. The Windows 11 machine can access the Windows 7 machine ok but trying to access the other way consistently reports "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad...
  4. How to change the default network adapter used by applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the default network adapter used by applications: I have a server that I administer running Windows 10 Pro, version 22H2. It has two wired network adapters: Adapter 1 is connected to the local data network with an internet connection; Adapter 2 is a CCTV network with no internet access. Generally everything communicates...
  5. How to change the default network adapter used by applications

How to change the default network adapter used by applications: I have a server that I administer running Windows 10 Pro, version 22H2. It has two wired network adapters: Adapter 1 is connected to the local data network with an internet connection; Adapter 2 is a CCTV network with no internet access. Generally everything communicates...
  6. How to change the default network adapter used by applications

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows 11 is not updating under the LANS network Ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is not updating under the LANS network Ethernet: Windows 11 is not updating under the LANS network Ethernet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-is-not-updating-under-the-lans-network/ea25e19c-ae13-4fdb-8e99-3489de5088f0
  8. Windows 11 is not updating under the LANS network Ethernet

Windows 11 is not updating under the LANS network Ethernet: Windows 11 is not updating under the LANS network Ethernet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-is-not-updating-under-the-lans-network/ea25e19c-ae13-4fdb-8e99-3489de5088f0
  9. Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive: Hi there, I'm having trouble accessing a shared network drive from my work computer. Every time I try to connect, I receive an error message stating that the drive cannot be found. I've double-checked the network settings and ensured that I have the correct permissions. Could...
  10. Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive

Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive: Hi there, I'm having trouble accessing a shared network drive from my work computer. Every time I try to connect, I receive an error message stating that the drive cannot be found. I've double-checked the network settings and ensured that I have the correct permissions. Could...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek 8822be wireless lan 802.11ac pci-e nic username in router login