Windows 10: Networking Issues Buffalo AP Client Mode

Discus and support Networking Issues Buffalo AP Client Mode in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an older desktop PC that did not ship with a wireless ethernet adapter. As a work-around, I installed a Buffalo Airstation AP (mod WZR-450HP2D)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by loaba, Nov 8, 2017.

1. loaba Win User

Networking Issues Buffalo AP Client Mode

I have an older desktop PC that did not ship with a wireless ethernet adapter. As a work-around, I installed a Buffalo Airstation AP (mod WZR-450HP2D) as a wireless adapter via it's Client mode.

The Airstation is operating and able to give the old PC an internet connection, but it is not shown or visible on my network.

It's network is labeled Network 2

What should I do? If the info I've provided is insufficient, please let me know and I will try to elaborate.

PC 1 --> cable modem/ gateway
    Cable modem/ gateway <-- Buffalo airstation <-- PC 2

How do I get both PC's on the same network?

:)

loaba, Nov 8, 2017
  2. saataja Win User

n95 8gb "No WLAN Network Found"

Did your phone have a SIM card in it and some other than "Offline" profile activated when it failed to find your WLAN network?

Offline mode typically means that phone is only able to find WLAN networks from channels between 1 and 11. Also hidden WLAN networks (SSID's) might not be accessible in offline mode, even if the particular network has been correctly marked as "hidden" (instead
    of default value "public") from the Internet Access Point settings.

Nowadays many of the WLAN AP's are by default configured to utilize "automatic" WLAN channel selection, which typically causes AP to utilize different WLAN channel between each restart of the AP.

This might cause situations where one day your phone is able to find the network in offline mode (AP has selected channel between 1 and 11) but next day network might not be discoverable in offline mode due to channel 12 or 13.

If your AP is some sort of an Draft (pre-standard) 802.11n device, it might perhaps also be worth trying out if disabling AP's 802.11n features help at all (i.e. set AP to 11b/11g mode).

saataja, Nov 8, 2017
  3. Can't find wirelss LAN

Hi,

your AP is 802.11 b/g not a, right? You have the phone in other than offline mode? Try to change the channel of your AP, say to 1, 7 or 11 and then search again for available networks.

timou---01, Nov 8, 2017
  4. Networking Issues Buffalo AP Client Mode

Try configuring the Airstation in Client-Bridge mode instead of Client only mode.

slicendice, Nov 8, 2017
  5. loaba Win User
    That alone didn't do the trick. Is there another step?

loaba, Nov 8, 2017
  6. loaba Win User
    loaba, Nov 8, 2017
  7. Yes it is our intent to have both local connection and internet connection. The issue now is that your computer connected to the router does not get correct gateway and DNS address.

Can you configure on the Router so that it works in routing mode? It is not the same thing as Client Bridged (leave that intact).
    We might also have to configure the firewall on your router (maybe). We should not have to touch the CableModem at all.

Our intent is to get the Modem and the Router to be configured as a bridge and all devices connected to the Router should get it's IP and other settings from the Modem.

Also the Router should have a static IP address different from the Modem and use the Modem as it's default gateway.

All this can be tricky business, so we need to be patient.

slicendice, Nov 9, 2017
  8. loaba Win User

Yes, I can select router mode. After that is where it gets more difficult.

loaba, Nov 9, 2017
  9. It is a bit tricky for me to explain where to go and configure things when I don't have similar device to work with.

Let's start with making a network map.

I need The IP and subnet of your Modem and IP, subnet, gateway, DNS of your Router and both computers.

All local adresses...I do not need your public IP so don't post it here.

slicendice, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Networking Issues Buffalo AP Client Mode - Similar Threads - Networking Issues Buffalo

2. Zoom Ap

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Zoom Ap: Where do I go to get the Zoom Ap? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zoom-ap/f2145e24-aa1a-4273-a143-1a05f4c1df79
  3. Photo aps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo aps: When I have tried to upload my new photos, the app states looking for photos but will not upload new photos at all. These has only occurred in the last 2 weeks. Note if has nothing do with my devices at all. I reset the app and ran a system restore but nothing was fixed at...
  4. Does not connect to a multi-AP Wi-Fi network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does not connect to a multi-AP Wi-Fi network: I have a network in which there are several APs with the same ssid and password and cannot connect. Show that the password is incorrect. submitted by /u/castillofranco [link] [comments]...
  5. photo ap

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    photo ap: Using photo app in Windows 10. App hangs as try to import photos from android phone- via usb cable(file transfer). It searches all 10,000+ photos have on phone - not just NEW ones). Thus I can not store photos on desktop computer. 1. Suggestions -( Microsoft says this is...
  6. ZyXEL APS shows up in my network. What is it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ZyXEL APS shows up in my network. What is it?: ZyXEL APS shows up in my network. It comes and goes. My wps button flashes red and then goes back to green. I cannot access this router. I cannot access MY router anymore. My internet sloooooowwwwed wayyyy down....?...
  7. older aps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    older aps: how do I get older aps that I had on my old computer it was 8.1 ,I have 10 now *** Email address is removed for privacy *** thanks!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-aps/99f1add6-e2fe-483d-b183-c9dfc38395b4
  8. Network connection and Business Server TO Client, IP address issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network connection and Business Server TO Client, IP address issues: My windows 10 PC is my Business apps Server whose client is an iMac running the Network version of the Business apps, under Virtual Windows 7Pro. ( Don’t get nervous, been doing WLAN’ed & LAN’ed PCs TO Macs running VIRTUAL WINDOWS since Win95. Consider the Mac, as a PC). The...
  9. Realtek Wireless lan utility AP mode

Realtek Wireless lan utility AP mode: In windows 8.1 I could setup an access point trough realtek lan utility and set a network authentication but since I installed windows 10 the only option I have is open system: [img] 11089
  10. Cannot connect to Buffalo Link Station on network

Cannot connect to Buffalo Link Station on network: We have just closed our office and have moved the two computers to our home. We have used an Ethernet cable to connect the Link Station to our router. We can view the Buffalo on NAS Navigator2 and can view all our files on one computer but not on the other. On this one, the...