Windows 10: Networking Win10Pro to Win7Pro stopped working. How do I fix it?

Discus and support Networking Win10Pro to Win7Pro stopped working. How do I fix it? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two computers which I have had networked together for nearly two years. The Win10 computer is dedicated to 3D graphics and kept offline most of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by L'Adair, Aug 16, 2018.

1. L'Adair Win User

Networking Win10Pro to Win7Pro stopped working. How do I fix it?

I have two computers which I have had networked together for nearly two years. The Win10 computer is dedicated to 3D graphics and kept offline most of the time. I Enable the network connection when I need to transfer files from one computer to the other and Disable the connection afterwards.

Due to high heat in the region, I've kept the Win10 computer off for the past two weeks. The Win7 computer is my internet machine, and I've kept it's usage to a minimum. Yesterday, with the temps coming down, I turned on the Win10 computer and attempted to connect to the Win7 computer to transfer 3d content files. Although I haven't updated Win10 since before the last time I transferred files, it now refuses to allow me to connect to the Win7 machine.

I've already spent several hours trying to get this to work, doing research online and trying solutions I found. In fact, before applying a solution in the Services window, neither machine detected the other. Now both computers can detect each other. The Win7 computer can access files and folders on the Win10 machine. The Win10 computer, however, cannot access any of the files and folders on the Win7 machine.

(FWIW, at no time have I had any trouble accessing the internet.)

I am frustrated that what was working the last time the computer was on is no longer working. Why would it suddenly stop working? And why can't I fix it with the solutions I found online?

:)

L'Adair, Aug 16, 2018

2. Win 10 CRITICAL ERROR: Your start menu isn't working ..... etc etc

In the long run, that may not be the final fix. :/

I fixed my start menu problem when my hard drive went bad. I bought a new Dell with Win7Pro installed and a a free upgrade to Win10Pro. When this bug blog stops growing I will consider plopping my upgrade disk in and moving to Win10Pro. Until then, I'm a
    happy camper with my Win7Pro system.

StagecoachDriver, Aug 16, 2018
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Aug 16, 2018
  4. mart1981 Win User

Networking Win10pro and Win7pro

Both are members of the same Workgroup. Everything enabled but networking between the two is now a no go.

The thing seemed to work most of the time when I was running Win8.1 but since the upgrade it's a no go. Network discovery, etc all turned on - both machines. Password protection turned off - both machines. Sharing is set to Everyone, Administrator, Administrators - full control.

Have tried everything to no avail and believe the homegroup between Win10 and 7 is now apparently no go.

Any thoughts anyone as I've run out of ideas here.

mart1981, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Networking Win10Pro to Win7Pro stopped working. How do I fix it? - Similar Threads - Networking Win10Pro Win7Pro

2. How to activate Windows 11PRO after upgrade from win7PRO to win10PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate Windows 11PRO after upgrade from win7PRO to win10PRO: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek your assistance regarding the activation of Windows 11 Pro. I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and subsequently to Windows 11 Pro using the free upgrade options...
  3. How to activate Windows 11PRO after upgrade from win7PRO to win10PRO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to activate Windows 11PRO after upgrade from win7PRO to win10PRO: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek your assistance regarding the activation of Windows 11 Pro. I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and subsequently to Windows 11 Pro using the free upgrade options...
  4. my widgets stopped working how do i fix this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my widgets stopped working how do i fix this: i dont know what happened but after i updated my widgets quit working how do i fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-widgets-stopped-working-how-do-i-fix-this/187a206c-ca0b-4306-91d8-b3e13351c7f1
  5. my widgets stopped working how do i fix this

my widgets stopped working how do i fix this: i dont know what happened but after i updated my widgets quit working how do i fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-widgets-stopped-working-how-do-i-fix-this/187a206c-ca0b-4306-91d8-b3e13351c7f1
  6. How do I fix network doing nothing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix network doing nothing?: Network won't connect to any network and network driver says Code 56. I have tried network reseting, those flushdns stuff, and tried to updated my driver through my phone. What do I do?...
  7. How do I fix network doing nothing?

How do I fix network doing nothing?: Network won't connect to any network and network driver says Code 56. I have tried network reseting, those flushdns stuff, and tried to updated my driver through my phone. What do I do?...
  8. Activating Win10Pro from a graveyard VistaPro-->Win7Pro pc. Details provided

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Win10Pro from a graveyard VistaPro-->Win7Pro pc. Details provided: I know activation issues can look suspect so I'll detail what I can. In-laws letting me clear out their old business pc's. Win win. This old hp compaq dx2400 with core2duo will work well for someone who can't affort better but isn't worth spending on. I have the original...
  9. How to activate win10pro on new computer using win7pro license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to activate win10pro on new computer using win7pro license?: My computer died. I got a new motherboard and cpu, downloaded and installed win10pro. When I tried to activate using my win7pro upgrade product key, it didn't activate. Tried logging into my Microsoft account, that didn't work either. How can I get this activated?...
  10. Networking Win10pro and Win7pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking Win10pro and Win7pro: Both are members of the same Workgroup. Everything enabled but networking between the two is now a no go. The thing seemed to work most of the time when I was running Win8.1 but since the upgrade it's a no go. Network discovery, etc all turned on - both machines. Password...