Windows 10: networking

Discus and support networking in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i have just bought several new computers with win 10 installed. I have set up credentials on all pc. The domain name is same for all, the pc anme and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by subfun, Mar 10, 2016.

1. subfun Win User

networking

i have just bought several new computers with win 10 installed.
    I have set up credentials on all pc. The domain name is same for all, the pc anme and pw are all correct yet it will not connect to some of the pcs. says some protocals are missing.
    I have tried everything but cannot seem to solve this problem
    Can anyone advise what to do next please

:)

subfun, Mar 10, 2016

2. Remote connection to Windows 10 machine (after upgrade from W8) is terminated instantly

If all your accounts have passwords, the following worked for me:

Try setting power management on your NIC to always on.

Device Manager > Right click your NIC > Power Management.

DCF Networking, Mar 10, 2016
  3. Network map on home network

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

I like to inform you that; when you upgrade your system to Windows 10, you need to reconfigure the Homegroup among the system.

I suggest you to try reconfiguring the Homegroup settings and check if it helps.

Follow the below link, to reconfigure the Homegroup settings:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...-finish=windows-81&v1h=win81tab1&v2h=win7tab1

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 10, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

networking

philc43, Mar 10, 2016
  5. subfun Win User
    Tried the install but still get the message one or more network protocols are missing from this pc

subfun, Mar 10, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    Further on in the thread I linked to was another set of commands that worked for another user:

netsh winsock reset catalog
    netsh int ip reset
    ipconfig /flushdns

Did you try these?

philc43, Mar 10, 2016
  7. subfun Win User
    OK will try these.
    Is it one at a time and see what happens or apply all at the one time

subfun, Mar 10, 2016
  8. philc43 Win User

networking

Do them all. Hope it works!

philc43, Mar 10, 2016
  9. sml156 Win User
    Are you trying to open shared files and folders, If so read on.

Although not a fix for your problem, A workaround would be to map the folders in File Explorer and that way you would be able to see the shared folders as drives in File Explorer under My PC .

Step 1:
    To map the folders in File Explorer you will need to know the IPv4 Address of the computer that you want to connect to and to do that you will have to open a command prompt on the computer you want to connect to and type or paste Code: ipconfig[/quote] into it.

networking [​IMG]

In my case the IPv4 Address is 192.168.100.102 yours will more than likely be different.

Step 2:
    Now on a different computer open File Explorer and type in \\your IP here\
    Code: \\192.168.100.102\[/quote]
    networking [​IMG]

Now right click on a folder and select Map network drive... and follow the prompts

networking [​IMG]

To make this work a little better I would suggest you set a static IP for all your computers.

sml156, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

networking

1. networking - Similar Threads - networking

2. Dell e7440 cannot find home Wi-Fi network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell e7440 cannot find home Wi-Fi network.: I have a Dell e7440 running Windows 10 that has been my daily workhorse. It’s never failed me until now. I popped in a USB drive just to check what was on it and when I safely removed it, my Wi-Fi stopped seeing my router. All my other devices still work no problem, but the...
  3. Dell e7440 cannot find home Wi-Fi network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell e7440 cannot find home Wi-Fi network.: I have a Dell e7440 running Windows 10 that has been my daily workhorse. It’s never failed me until now. I popped in a USB drive just to check what was on it and when I safely removed it, my Wi-Fi stopped seeing my router. All my other devices still work no problem, but the...
  4. Dell e7440 cannot find home Wi-Fi network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Metered network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metered network: I have a server that is connected to the network switch. Switch is not connected to the internet, somehow I keep getting message under network status " You're connected to the Internet" You're on metered network. Some apps might work differently to help you save data while on...
  6. Metered network

Metered network: I have a server that is connected to the network switch. Switch is not connected to the internet, somehow I keep getting message under network status " You're connected to the Internet" You're on metered network. Some apps might work differently to help you save data while on...
  7. Metered network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network: Hello,I recently got the Brother Printer MFC-L3720CDW and setting up the printer and its functions were simple enough - but when attempting to set up the scanner through going to the printer IP address and that route - it is much more challenging. It is asking me for the...
  9. Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network

Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network: Hello,I recently got the Brother Printer MFC-L3720CDW and setting up the printer and its functions were simple enough - but when attempting to set up the scanner through going to the printer IP address and that route - it is much more challenging. It is asking me for the...
  10. Network lag spike problems

Network lag spike problems: Network has been having huge lag spikes as of recent my ping in certain games before was 10-30 now it can be 60-200 i really don know what to do it just started a couple days ago randomly out of nowhere i feel like ive tried everything and im running out of ideas can somebody...