Windows 10: Never any System Restore Points

Discus and support Never any System Restore Points in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Whenever I check there are NEVER any system restore points. I seem to have had this for years and years over many variants of windows. From what I read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by woldsweather, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Never any System Restore Points

Whenever I check there are NEVER any system restore points. I seem to have had this for years and years over many variants of windows. From what I read Windows should regularly save some. Of course when I desperately need one when I have a problem there is rarely one there. How can I ensure there are 1/2 mad per week?

:)

woldsweather, Feb 8, 2018

2. 64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs

I never managed to get it working, I ended up just backing up my data doing a system restore to a previous version:

Type system restore in search bar, create a restore point, system restore, choose a different restore point, and restore from the last automatic system restore point.

ThunderDino, Feb 8, 2018
  3. I attempted to reset my laptop...

my goes from restart that never finishes to automatic repair that never works. When I press advanced options and troubleshoot system restore it says no restore points. Any idea's I have a gateway nv76r series.

sandramyddelton60, Feb 8, 2018
  4. Never any System Restore Points

If you are using a cleaning software like CCleaner, it might be removing system restore points.

To enable System Restore, run CMD as admin and copy/paste: Code: reg delete "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\SystemRestore" /v "DisableSR" /f reg delete "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\SystemRestore" /v "DisableConfig" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SPP\Clients" /v " {09F7EDC5-294E-4180-AF6A-FB0E6A0E9513}" /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d "1" /f schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\SystemRestore\SR" /Enable vssadmin Resize ShadowStorage /For=C: /On=C: /Maxsize=5GB sc config wbengine start= demand sc config swprv start= demand sc config vds start= demand sc config VSS start= demand[/quote] Try to install some software and then check, if any SRP was created.

TairikuOkami, Feb 8, 2018
  5. Yes it makes one then .

6. AddRAM Win User
    And you can always make a restore point yourself.

AddRAM, Feb 8, 2018
  7. cereberus Win User
    System restore points are flakey at best. I have given up and now use Macrium Reflect Home System Image incremental backups to basically do the same function (reliably). With its rapid delta restore, it blitzes on conventional restore points.

You can do the same with Macrium Reflect Free using differential backups, but restoring does a slower full rather than a fast delta restore.

cereberus, Feb 8, 2018
  8. dalchina New Member

Never any System Restore Points

Hi, first you need to remember to turn System Restore on and configure it after each and every upgrade (yes, I know...).

You can set up a schedule to create restore points. E.g.
    Automatically Create System Restore Point on Schedule in Windows 10 Backup Restore Tutorials

Never any System Restore Points [​IMG]

I have a scheduled task configured like this:

Never any System Restore Points [​IMG]

Here's the bat file content:

cmd.exe /k "wmic.exe /Namespace:\\root\default Path SystemRestore Call CreateRestorePoint "My Shortcut Restore Point", 100, 7"

As mentioned above, if it works, a restore point can be convenient. But you might find
    a. you haven't got one
    b. when you need it, restoring it fails.

Therefore please also use disk imaging routinely, e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + external storage for image sets. A much more complete and reliable but different approach. You can image the set of partitions for Windows, and any other disk or partition.

dalchina, Feb 8, 2018
  9. Running through that I find why I have never done this in the past - it requires a password. I hope I haven't now created half a task and a problem!

10. dalchina New Member
    Password? er- where- when?

dalchina, Feb 8, 2018
  11. Well you get to a certain point where it says you can't do this unless you use a password to log in.

12. dalchina New Member
    Can you set up a scheduled task?
    Can you configure system restore?

dalchina, Feb 8, 2018
  13. reddice Win User

System restore is terrible. The time I need to roll back to get rid of Visual Studio it failed.

reddice, Feb 9, 2018
  14. That's a new one on me. Can you post a screenshot of that certain point?

I don't know if this is a possibility but are you using a standard account and an administrator account password is needed?

I have a monthly maintenance plan and I include creating a system restore point when the maintenance plan is completed.

MeAndMyComputer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Never any System Restore Points - Similar Threads - Never System Restore

2. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  3. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  4. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System Restore Point

System Restore Point: When I tried to use a restore to a system restore point. Windows asked for a password. I tried every password I knew, including local and microsoft account. I even tried to reintall windows and reset it. None worked, what can I do?...
  6. System Restore is on But No Restore Points

System Restore is on But No Restore Points: I've had System Restore on for drive c: for the last 3 days. I want in there today ad there are no restore points/ Is this by default?!? James...
  7. System restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore points: Suddenly all my system restore points disappeared. No restore points are being created by windows up dates Manual restore points are working ok since this occurence. 56422
  8. System Restore points

System Restore points: I am helping my church with some of their computer problems. A couple of weeks ago, Windows 10 was automatically updated on their machines running Windows 7. This has caused a problem with one of their main applications that is used to track church business. While trying to...
  9. System restore points

System restore points: Restore points being deleted. Older restore points are being auto-deleted. And I'd like to keep them. I saved some restore points in October, but now they're gone, and the only ones left, are the ones I created in November. I've allowed 90 Gb of memory space for...
  10. Never More Than 3 System Restore Points

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Never More Than 3 System Restore Points: Using Win 10 Pro AU 64bit. It seems to me that since installing Win 10 Pro on this system I never have more than 3 System Restore Points. I have over 700GB of free space on the system disk. System restore is set to use up to about 100GB. System Restore claims it is currently...