Windows 10: New 1803 Update (July) - Autoselects Resolution Scaling?

Discus and support New 1803 Update (July) - Autoselects Resolution Scaling? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I updated Windows yesterday (v1803, July update). I had to reset my resolution scaling to 125% yesterday. I shut down the computer and this morning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ericnixmd, Jul 11, 2018.

1. ericnixmd Win User

New 1803 Update (July) - Autoselects Resolution Scaling?

I updated Windows yesterday (v1803, July update). I had to reset my resolution scaling to 125% yesterday. I shut down the computer and this morning plugged it into my dock, which has a 27" monitor. It booted up to 100% scaling.

Not sure if the update introduced a way to customize scaling if it's attached to a monitor or if it failed to save the resolution scale (hope this will not be a recurring issue if so).

:)

ericnixmd, Jul 11, 2018

2. Windows 10 Creator's update - Every time I undock, scaling goes to 150%

We appreciate that you have checked your drivers and followed the suggested troubleshooting steps. Since the issue is still the same, this can be related to the new customer scaling settings that came with the Creator's Update. Can you follow the steps below
    so we can check it for you:

• Click on Start then Settings.
    • Choose System then Display.
    • Under Display, select Custom scaling and set it to 100%.

Update us on how it goes as we are eager to get this resolved for you.

Jennifer Bri, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    New Windows update broke Resolution

Hi Alex,

This issue may happen from an incompatible display driver.

To resolve the issue, try changing the screen resolution by following the steps below:

1. Open Settings.

2. Go to System and select Display.

3. Go to the Resolution drop down list on the right. It is located under
    Scale and layout.

4. Select the required display resolution.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Jul 11, 2018
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. New 1803 Update (July) - Autoselects Resolution Scaling? - Similar Threads - 1803 Update July

2. resolution scaling problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    resolution scaling problem: My display resolution is overscaling . How to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resolution-scaling-problem/f9f1f034-e65c-4c06-9f21-35386efc1f1e
  3. resolution scaling problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    resolution scaling problem: My display resolution is overscaling . How to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resolution-scaling-problem/f9f1f034-e65c-4c06-9f21-35386efc1f1e
  4. Issues with resolution and scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with resolution and scaling: I am using a Lenovo laptop with 3840x2160 resolution while also connected to a monitor with a 1920x1080 resolution. I have both monitors set to 1920x1080 with 100% scaling, and I'm getting all kinds of resolution issues. I have already tried messing with the scaling, and that...
  5. Issues with resolution and scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with resolution and scaling: I am using a Lenovo laptop with 3840x2160 resolution while also connected to a monitor with a 1920x1080 resolution. I have both monitors set to 1920x1080 with 100% scaling, and I'm getting all kinds of resolution issues. I have already tried messing with the scaling, and that...
  6. Issues with resolution and scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Monitor Scaling and resolution

Monitor Scaling and resolution: I have a 2 monitor setup on windows 10. I have a 23.8 inch 1440p monitor, and a 31 inch 1080p television as my second monitor. In the windows display settings menu it assumes the 1080p tv is smaller than the 1440p monitor despite it being the opposite. Is there a way to input...
  8. Screen Resolution and scaling

Screen Resolution and scaling: So i have my computer hooked up to my T.V./monitor and it doesnt seem to matter what i set my scaling or resolution to i just cant get it to fit on screen right does anyone have any insight on how to maybe fix this problem?...
  9. New 1803 Update (July) - Autoselects Resolution Scaling?

in Windows 10 Support
    New 1803 Update (July) - Autoselects Resolution Scaling?: I updated Windows yesterday (v1803, July update). I had to reset my resolution scaling to 125% yesterday. I shut down the computer and this morning plugged it into my dock, which has a 27" monitor. It booted up to 100% scaling. Not sure if the update introduced a way to...
  10. July cumulative update for 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    July cumulative update for 1803: Microsoft: Yesterday, you guys came out with the July cumulative update for Windows 10 1803, after checking the website. The update never showed up after I went to settings, Windows update and check for updates. Does that mean I have to manually install it?...