New 1803 Update (July) - Autoselects Resolution Scaling?

Discus and support New 1803 Update (July) - Autoselects Resolution Scaling? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I updated Windows yesterday (v1803, July update). I had to reset my resolution scaling to 125% yesterday. I shut down the computer and this morning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ericnixmd, Jul 11, 2018 at 7:12 PM.

1. ericnixmd Win User

I updated Windows yesterday (v1803, July update). I had to reset my resolution scaling to 125% yesterday. I shut down the computer and this morning plugged it into my dock, which has a 27" monitor. It booted up to 100% scaling.

Not sure if the update introduced a way to customize scaling if it's attached to a monitor or if it failed to save the resolution scale (hope this will not be a recurring issue if so).

:)

2. Jennifer Bri Win User

Windows 10 Creator's update - Every time I undock, scaling goes to 150%

We appreciate that you have checked your drivers and followed the suggested troubleshooting steps. Since the issue is still the same, this can be related to the new customer scaling settings that came with the Creator's Update. Can you follow the steps below
    so we can check it for you:

• Click on Start then Settings.
    • Choose System then Display.
    • Under Display, select Custom scaling and set it to 100%.

Update us on how it goes as we are eager to get this resolved for you.

Jennifer Bri, Jul 11, 2018 at 7:13 PM
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    New Windows update broke Resolution

Hi Alex,

This issue may happen from an incompatible display driver.

To resolve the issue, try changing the screen resolution by following the steps below:

1. Open Settings.

2. Go to System and select Display.

3. Go to the Resolution drop down list on the right. It is located under
    Scale and layout.

4. Select the required display resolution.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

Thema:

1. New 1803 Update (July) - Autoselects Resolution Scaling? - Similar Threads - 1803 Update July

2. windows update 1803 freezes at 81%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update 1803 freezes at 81%: windows update 1803 freezes at 81% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-update-1803-freezes-at-81/a7429edf-b292-46b2-b3f1-1ce54fd6039f
  3. Windows Update Version 1803 Fails to Install

Windows Update Version 1803 Fails to Install: Hello, I am currently running Windows 10. I believe I am on Version 1709. For the past few months I have repeatedly tried to update to version 1803. On a few occasions it was voluntary, on most of the attempts it was a forced update by Windows. Either way, the result has...
  4. 1803 Update Fails and stops PC working completely

1803 Update Fails and stops PC working completely: The 1803 update I had in May 2018 goes through a number of reboots, then goes to the log on screen. This is an old version of the default log on screen, and it will not accept my password. Not the current one, nor the previous two passwords. If I click "Forgot Password", it...
  5. Install Feature Update 1803

Install Feature Update 1803: HI. I looking for some help. Specifically, exactly how do I install Feature Update 1830 which came out a month or so ago, WITHOUT using WIndows Update? I can't use Windows Update because it is clogged up with the constant failure of update KB4074588. Also, Restart is cloged...
  6. 1803 update crashes every few hours system service exception

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1803 update crashes every few hours system service exception: Laptop is 5 month old. Windows 10 pro x64. Never had a problem before 1803. I was stupid enough to delete old OS, so no roll back for me......
  7. Problem with Login Screen post windows update to 1803 version

Problem with Login Screen post windows update to 1803 version: Hi, My Windows 10 machine got updated to the latest version 1803 3 weeks back. Since the update, I am having lot of issues while logging in my machine. The login screen takes at least 10-15 minutes to come up. I get the screen with date and time and when I click it so that...
  8. windows update 1803

windows update 1803: i m stuck at" preparing to install" page at 51%.does it require internet during this time. Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install & upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-update-1803/655194fc-f1f9-4993-9809-21aa9954d97e
  9. New 1803 Update (July) - Autoselects Resolution Scaling?

in Windows 10 Support
    New 1803 Update (July) - Autoselects Resolution Scaling?: I updated Windows yesterday (v1803, July update). I had to reset my resolution scaling to 125% yesterday. I shut down the computer and this morning plugged it into my dock, which has a 27" monitor. It booted up to 100% scaling. Not sure if the update introduced a way to...
  10. July cumulative update for 1803

July cumulative update for 1803: Microsoft: Yesterday, you guys came out with the July cumulative update for Windows 10 1803, after checking the website. The update never showed up after I went to settings, Windows update and check for updates. Does that mean I have to manually install it?...