Windows 10: New account has appeared after update

Discus and support New account has appeared after update in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello everyone, after I installed the update on my laptop (with windows 10) a new account only visible when I first boot up my laptop has appeared.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Mdp11, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Mdp11 Win User

New account has appeared after update

Hello everyone,
    after I installed the update on my laptop (with windows 10) a new account only visible when I first boot up my laptop has appeared. It is selected by default and it has my name (the same as my original account linked to my hotmail address), and by default the username it has only the part prior to the " @Hotmail.it "(so I have to add the rest when I log in), and also the password is the same. I can't remove it cause I can't find it, when I go into the account manager only my original one shows up. Does anybody have the same issue?

Thank you guys!

:)

Mdp11, Sep 7, 2016

2. After updating to Windows10, cant login to local user account

After updating to Windows 10, my old local user account does not appear as a choice on the login page any longer. The account still appears as an account in File Manager. I tried creating a new local user account with a different name to replace the
    old account that didn't work. The new local user account does appear on the login page as a choice, however after logging in to the new local user account the welcome screen appears, but then goes immediately to signing out. I would like to be able to sign
    in to a local user account.

EdwardFatula, Sep 7, 2016
  3. New windows update

Hi,

I did what you asked and it fixed the problem for a few days and then the same thing has happened with the new account.

It appears that this is a problem caused by the new windows update as it is reoccurring with the new account after a brief fix.

I think this problem needs to be fixed by microsoft, unless you have any other suggestions.

Regards,

PWWOOD2015, Sep 7, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

You could try 2 things from an elevated command prompt (*Start + X then press A)

Code: C:\Windows\system32>net user User accounts for \\HALI-WIN10 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hali Administrator DefaultAccount Guest The command completed successfully. C:\Windows\system32>net user /delete any_extra_user_that_you_don't_want[/quote]

and/or enter netplwiz and untick and retick the box next to your account a few times (pressing OK inbetween).

There are some pictures of netplwiz here Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup - Windows 10 Forums

lx07, Sep 7, 2016
Thema:

1. New account has appeared after update - Similar Threads - account has appeared

2. new "program" has appeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    new "program" has appeared: I have a Surface 3 with Windows 10. Now when I start up and the desktop displays I get a pop-up box saying there is a program named "program" on the C drive that may cause problems with opening apps unless I rename it "program1". There is a file recently modified not by me as...
  3. new "program" has appeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new "program" has appeared: I have a Surface 3 with Windows 10. Now when I start up and the desktop displays I get a pop-up box saying there is a program named "program" on the C drive that may cause problems with opening apps unless I rename it "program1". There is a file recently modified not by me as...
  4. new "program" has appeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Second user account appeared after cumulative update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second user account appeared after cumulative update: I am on Insider Program. After doing a cumulative update, a second account appeared on startup screen. Before I was able to boot straight to desktop. Now I must select an account, enter PIN or password depending on which account I select. But no second account appears under...
  6. Second user account appeared after cumulative update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second user account appeared after cumulative update: I am on Insider Program. After doing a cumulative update, a second account appeared on startup screen. Before I was able to boot straight to desktop. Now I must select an account, enter PIN or password depending on which account I select. But no second account appears under...
  7. New stray account appeared after replacing CPU

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New stray account appeared after replacing CPU: Hello everyone. I recently upgraded my CPU from a Ryzen 2700X to a Ryzen 5800X. All is well except for the appearance of a stray account on my login screen. It has the same name as my account which is my only account. And only one account shows up in the User Accounts...
  8. New blue bar has appeared in Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    New blue bar has appeared in Firefox: I'm on Firefox Quantum 65.0 (64-bit), and there must have been an update because whenever I try to use the url box, an annoying bright blue bar appears. I've unchecked almost everything in Options and set a ton of stuff to false in about:config - but the dazzling bar is still...
  9. After Windows 1803 Update, New Drive appeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After Windows 1803 Update, New Drive appeared: Hi all, I have an issue. I downloaded the new update to windows 10 1803 and I used to have only two Hard Disk Drivers. C: and D: Now after the update I have E: which is an OEM Partition. Problem is every few minutes, I get a notification saying its running out of space....
  10. New partition appeared after the update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New partition appeared after the update.: Hey Guys, I have updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 before 2 days and I've noticed that a new 480mb partition appeard as a recovery partition. The space was taken from the system drive C:. Currently the partition is empty. Any idea what is that for and do you have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new windows account appeared