Windows 10: New Acer XR341CK monitor won't go to Power Saving Mode

Discus and support New Acer XR341CK monitor won't go to Power Saving Mode in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my monitor to an Acer XR341CK. I still have the Samsung Syncmaster 2343 mounted on the side (now portrait). When I get up and leave... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Big Daddy Rhino, Jul 1, 2018.

1. New Acer XR341CK monitor won't go to Power Saving Mode

I recently upgraded my monitor to an Acer XR341CK. I still have the Samsung Syncmaster 2343 mounted on the side (now portrait). When I get up and leave my desk, I always "lock" my pc via the Windows 10 lock option. When I only had my Samsung monitor, the display would basically turn off, but the monitor remained powered on. I liked this, as it seems the monitor is saving power and display life.

The new Acer goes dark, but not totally dark. The display is still on but showing black with...

New Acer XR341CK monitor won't go to Power Saving Mode

Big Daddy Rhino, Jul 1, 2018
  2. Eroticus Win User
    Eroticus, Jul 1, 2018
  3. Cliffy-HC Win User
    Monitors go into auto power save mode and wont wake up

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have no idea why the computer monitors go into power saving mode. The computer doesn't. I can be browsing the internet (or even playing CandyCrush haha) more or less right after booting up and the monitors go to sleep. I
    can not wake them up. I have to turn the PC off and back on again. Not so good if I am doing some work.

Making any changes as you suggest above don't seem to do anything, there is only the mouse, keyboard and "NVIDIA nForce networking controller" listed.

Cliffy-HC, Jul 1, 2018
  4. New Acer XR341CK monitor won't go to Power Saving Mode

monitor stuck in power save mode

I am using a VAIO laptop. My Dell external monitor, which has worked fine for years, is stuck in Power Save Mode following a November Win10 update. I've switched to HDMI from VGA and back to no avail.

I did a System Restore to weeks earlier, and the monitor started to work. However, as soon as Windows saw that I "needed" an update, I was back to the same problem.

A simple fix, if it can be done, would be to change Windows or the St2010 monitor so that the monitor never considers going into Power Save mode. I don't know how to do this. Or, do you have another idea?

ChuckNeuenschwander, Jul 1, 2018
Thema:

New Acer XR341CK monitor won't go to Power Saving Mode

1. New Acer XR341CK monitor won't go to Power Saving Mode - Similar Threads - Acer XR341CK monitor

2. Monitor Power Saving Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Power Saving Mode: I am struggling with the monitoring going to power-saving mode as soon as I turn on my PC.I have been through every YT video fix cleaning the PC, changing the battery and cleaning the RAMS but this has made no difference. I have also tried different commands to try and reboot...
  3. Monitor Power Saving Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Power Saving Mode: I am struggling with the monitoring going to power-saving mode as soon as I turn on my PC.I have been through every YT video fix cleaning the PC, changing the battery and cleaning the RAMS but this has made no difference. I have also tried different commands to try and reboot...
  4. Monitor Power Saving Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Monitor won't turn on saying power saving mode then turns to a black screen

Monitor won't turn on saying power saving mode then turns to a black screen: My pc is on all are working but my monitor is saying it's on power saving mode then turns black screen so I off and open the monitor a couple of times but still won't work btw I changed my CMOS but still not working...
  6. Monitor is stuck in Power Save mode and won't increase brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor is stuck in Power Save mode and won't increase brightness: We own a HP Victus, running Windows 11, bought this time last year. Used a few days ago and everything was fine. Put away unplugged after we were finished. Launched it today, plugged in and the screen brightness was ok. Went to install a game star wars, the old republic and...
  7. Monitor is stuck in Power Save mode and won't increase brightness

Monitor is stuck in Power Save mode and won't increase brightness: We own a HP Victus, running Windows 11, bought this time last year. Used a few days ago and everything was fine. Put away unplugged after we were finished. Launched it today, plugged in and the screen brightness was ok. Went to install a game star wars, the old republic and...
  8. Screen keeps going into power saving mode.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen keeps going into power saving mode.: just setting up a cheap and cheerful set up for my wife, everything seems to work fine but the screen keeps going into power saving mode i have tried 2 different screens the same thing? any idea whats going on? also when it goes in this mode i have to reboot the pc because i...
  9. Monitor going into power save mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor going into power save mode: I've been having a problem with my computer going into power save mode. Sometimes I can use the PC for hours and sometimes it will happen within minutes, it will give me a black screen on the monitor telling me it is about to go into power save mode. The PC is still running...
  10. Monitor goes into power saving mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor goes into power saving mode: Hello,i have a problem with my dell S2216H monitor.When i try to boot into windows when litle circle starts spinning my monitor goes into power saving mode and i cant get out of it. I tried to get ram and battery out and rub it but it didnt help,i also disabled power...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows display wont go blank monitor power saving