Windows 10: New AMD Ryzen 7 2700X CPU running extremely hot

Discus and support New AMD Ryzen 7 2700X CPU running extremely hot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Re-installed the 2700X under the Gigabyte F22 BIOS and everything is running fine. 2700X is 110F under 15% load. Seems that there's a bug in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rzn6jw, Apr 5, 2018.

1. rzn6jw Win User

New AMD Ryzen 7 2700X CPU running extremely hot

Re-installed the 2700X under the Gigabyte F22 BIOS and everything is running fine. 2700X is 110F under 15% load.

Seems that there's a bug in Gigabyte's F23d BIOS. ***AVOID***

Thanks everyone for all your help!!

rzn6jw, Apr 5, 2018
  2. rzn6jw Win User

Installed a new AMD Ryzen 2700X CPU on my Win 10 Pro 64bit PC (v 1709 build 16299.371) and fans and pump went turbo. Used CPU-Z and it showed that the CPU multiplier was x42 which was making the CPU run at top speed and the temperature was 194.3F. Heard there was an issue with Windows and this CPU for this problem. Has anyone heard of it?

:)

rzn6jw, Apr 20, 2018
  3. Discharge rate of laptop battery VERY high at idle.

I just restarted my computer and everything seems fine. I didn't even go to a separate partition like last time. I am completely stumped by what the problem may be. If the fans are going full blast, it means the temperature of the CPU is very hot. I feel
    the air coming out as very hot when my battery life problem is happening and the bottom of my laptop where my CPU is, is also very hot. I don't know why my CPU would be hot for ever if it's at 5% usage, because the fans stay on forever when I have the problem.
    I used to think that it might be reading the temperatures wrong, but since the air is truly hot, it might be AMD's problem.

Anyways, I'm probably going to buy a laptop with an AMD Ryzen APU since AMD Ryzen desktop CPU's demolish intel's CPU's for a lower price, I believe the Raven Ridge CPU lineup will do the same for the laptop space, I'll wait for reviews of course.

Peter Njeim, Apr 20, 2018
  4. New AMD Ryzen 7 2700X CPU running extremely hot

Windows 10 BAD_POOL_CALLER BSOD

Motherboard: AX370-Gaming-5

CPU: AMD® Ryzen 7 1700x

GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series

I keep the BIOS update every month or so, the system usually lets me know when this needs done.

quirkyturtle, Apr 20, 2018
  5. Jack07 Win User
    Are you using the Balanced power plan in Windows?
    Make sure the C- states are enabled in bios, things like Cool'n'Quiet and stuff. By default these should be enabled, i think.

Jack07, Apr 20, 2018
  6. rzn6jw Win User
    Cool'n'Quiet is enabled, most by default. My power plan is 'Performance' because its a recommendation of the Ryzen Master Overclock utility.

rzn6jw, Apr 20, 2018
  7. Plankton Win User
    First....if you're OC'ing the CPU....turn that off.

Did you remove the clear plastic covering off of the CPU cooler? How much thermal paste did you apply? What method did you use to apply thermal paste? What type of CPU cooler are you using?

Plankton, Apr 20, 2018
  8. Nano559 Win User

I'm using my x370 pro gaming MOBO. I've made all the necessary updates. The temps being read from the third party software appears to be misleading. I can't figure out the issue but it does appear to be phantom heat.

Nano559, Apr 20, 2018
  9. essenbe Win User
    Did you set optimized Defaults in BIOS? How does BIOS read your temps?

essenbe, Apr 20, 2018
  10. Nano559 Win User
    At Idle in Bios i'm getting 31 Celsius reading. Immediately when windows starts multiple software programs are reporting high temps of even 100 Celsius. My computer is running smooth with no issues or shutdown yet over the past hour of usage. I'm not noticing any extreme heat from my cooler or cpu when placing my hand near it. My Corsair cooler has a reading of 32 Celsius with the cpu at 85. I've noticed the cpu is running at 4.3 gh when it shouldn't be. I checked bios and it is configured as stock 3.7 Still trying to figure this out.

Nano559, Apr 20, 2018
  11. Nano559 Win User
    I'm going to clear CMOS once more and verify bios settings.

Nano559, Apr 20, 2018
  12. essenbe Win User
    set optimized defaults after. Sounds like a software error. Sometimes software doesn't read new chipsets right. It takes time to get it set right.

essenbe, Apr 20, 2018
  13. Nano559 Win User

I hope that may be the case. Under CPU-Z the frequency is higher than it should. It's being read as a 14nm instead of the 12nm. The voltage is at 14 which i lowered a bit just to be on the safe side. Core speed reading and multiplier fluctuates a lot. Not sure if that's normal. I don't have much experience with this. All in all i'm not finding the software that reliable at the moment. Heat appears fine, if it was really around 100c im sure it would have been notable and the PC wouldn't be running as smooth as it is. Also i'm sure my pump temp would have been much higher too. Hopefully these issues come to light and are addressed, matter of time i presume.

Nano559, Apr 20, 2018
  14. essenbe Win User
    You can usually trust the bios readings. You can also open task manager (Alt+CTRL+DEL) and go to the performance tab and see if the CPU and ram are being used a lot. They should be on first startup, then calm down.

essenbe, Apr 20, 2018
  15. mblack Win User
    what bios version are you on?

mine is asus 4008 version

mblack, Apr 20, 2018
Thema:

1. New AMD Ryzen 7 2700X CPU running extremely hot - Similar Threads - AMD Ryzen 2700X

2. AMD Ryzen 7 5700G

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD Ryzen 7 5700G: I got a notification that I can upgrade to Windows 11. I have AMD Ryzen 7 5700G and other requirements pass in the PC health check app. I tried to install it on settings but it is not working. It will infinitely download but not install. I also tried the ISO file and it is...
  3. AMD Ryzen 7 5700G

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD Ryzen 7 5700G: I got a notification that I can upgrade to Windows 11. I have AMD Ryzen 7 5700G and other requirements pass in the PC health check app. I tried to install it on settings but it is not working. It will infinitely download but not install. I also tried the ISO file and it is...
  4. Up grading CPU from AMD Ryzen 2700 to AMD Ryzen 3950X

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Up grading CPU from AMD Ryzen 2700 to AMD Ryzen 3950X: Hello, I'm going to change the CPU as stated above and am wondering how much trouble I'm getting my self into - I have Windows 10 64bit and it's activated to my Microsoft account with a digital license....
  5. Ryzen 7 2700x performing better on power-saving mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ryzen 7 2700x performing better on power-saving mode: I recently tested the power-saving mode in Windows. Then i ran varios benchmarks like Cinebench and some games. In Cinebench my CPU got like 100 points more then on high performence or specialieced Ryzen mode. In Hitman 3 i got also some FPS more in the benchmark again with...
  6. My HP Envy x360 (AMD Ryzen 7 3700U) runs hot consistently, regardless of what processes are...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My HP Envy x360 (AMD Ryzen 7 3700U) runs hot consistently, regardless of what processes are...: I began noticing a few months ago that my Envy x360 has been getting very hot consistently, especially while charging and in situations where it really shouldn't be. Right now as I type, the laptop is on my desk, the vents are unobstructed and have been cleaned, the charger...
  7. Brand new ryzen 7 2700x build freezing randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand new ryzen 7 2700x build freezing randomly: Hello, I built a brand new PC about 3 weeks ago. From the beginning, I am getting random freezes / hang ups, where the mouse disappears, keyboard input / caps lock stops working. The entire system doesn't immediately stop working: Spotify will keep playing, videos on YouTube...
  8. ryzen 7 2700x

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ryzen 7 2700x: Hello will windows 10 upgrade work with Ryzen 7 2700x or do I need the full version. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ryzen-7-2700x/6c2834b0-69c5-458b-9bf5-b5448287855b
  9. AMD Unleashes New AMD Radeon RX 5700 GPU and AMD Ryzen 3000 CPU

in Windows 10 News
    AMD Unleashes New AMD Radeon RX 5700 GPU and AMD Ryzen 3000 CPU: Today, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) announced the global availability of its new leadership PC gaming platform based on AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 series graphics cards and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processors, as well as AMD Ryzen™ 3000 Series Processors with Radeon™ Graphics (APUs)....
  10. CPU Running Extremely Hot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU Running Extremely Hot: Hi all, this is my first post to the forum. With Windows 10 showing up on more computers every day, I decided to take the leap and upgrade my operating system. I figured that I would need to know it in order to service my client's computers - however, doing so has provided me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ryzen 7 2700x overheating when starting

2. ryzen 7 2700 overheating

3. does running the amd ryzen 7 2700 without the heatsink for A FEW MINUTES cause it to burn out

4. 2700X VERY HOT,
  5. win update ryzen hot,
  6. why is ryzen getting hot,
  7. ryzen 2700x overheating,
  8. amd ryzen 2700x running hot,
  9. 2700X 100C at startup