Windows 10: New Boot Option and Chrome contacting suspicious host...Virus???

Discus and support New Boot Option and Chrome contacting suspicious host...Virus??? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, So I've just noticed that rebooting my PC now presents my with two options, I have to select windows 10 everytime, there is an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by maxatv, Oct 23, 2017.

1. maxatv Win User

New Boot Option and Chrome contacting suspicious host...Virus???

Hello Everyone,

So I've just noticed that rebooting my PC now presents my with two options, I have to select windows 10 everytime, there is an unknown boot option I can't find any information on.

I've also noticed in glasswire that chrome is contacting suspicious host http://www.test.com, not sure why. Defender doesn't report anything, security task manager doesn't show anything. This is the option I get when booting. Only thing I know changed is I installed AOMEI backupper professional.

https://i.imgur.com/YA96YiX.jpg

:)

maxatv, Oct 23, 2017
  2. TianyuLi Win User

Everything text box is...green...

It would seem that this did not work.

The Chrome dark theme was a plugin to the chrome browser, and it has already been removed. I have also reset chrome to original settings, but the problem seem to persist. No suspicious software was found in the installed programs.

A Clean boot did not fix the problem.

Suspiciously though, when I scanned for viruses with Mcafee, the problem briefly fixed itself, but came back soon after a restart. Further scans could not replicate the same effect.

TianyuLi, Oct 23, 2017
  3. How do I create a new contact in Googlemail

I cannot create a new contact in google chrome as I am not being given the option

JoycePorteous, Oct 23, 2017
  4. New Boot Option and Chrome contacting suspicious host...Virus???

Probs best to run a Malware scan using Malwarebytes and see what that reports. Ive notieced that over the years anti virus programs have become less effective

kingtez1984, Oct 23, 2017
  5. maxatv Win User
    MBreport10-24.txt

Scan showed nothing, I recently installed AEOMEI Backupper professional, could this have something to do with it?

maxatv, Oct 23, 2017
  6. System restore to before it was occuring and check. If its fine, install the removed programs 1 by 1 and see which then causes the issue.

7. Also, that scan only ran for just over 2 mins. Run a full system scan matey

8. maxatv Win User

Thanks for your advise! I ran a full system scan and found 20 bad files reimagerepair program and trainers I used for video games, I removed them all, then I went to msconfig and deleted the rogue boot option and verified in advanced system settings that it was no longer and option. After a couple reboots the boot still has not returned so hopefully I'm good. I also uninstalled an re-installed chrome and no more suspicious connections to test.com

fingers crossed everything stays this way, thanks again!!

maxatv, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New Boot Option and Chrome contacting suspicious host...Virus??? - Similar Threads - Boot Option Chrome

2. is aggregator host a virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is aggregator host a virus?: its in system 32 so should i remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-aggregator-host-a-virus/2b351721-fd85-4f83-963b-fddf6dbf34d3
  3. is aggregator host a virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is aggregator host a virus?: its in system 32 so should i remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-aggregator-host-a-virus/2b351721-fd85-4f83-963b-fddf6dbf34d3
  4. Chrome Opens a new tab links to suspicious website, is this a virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chrome Opens a new tab links to suspicious website, is this a virus?: Hello, chrome keeps randomly opening new tabs to the link: s1.toupdate15.com, I figured it is some kind of a virus or a software that I have to uninstall off my conputer but I don’t know how to locate it and permanently delete it. [Original Title: Virus??]...
  5. contact option gone!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    contact option gone!!: With recent update, the 'add contact' option in files is gone!! This is my entire business!!! Ahhh! Windows 10 version 1909 installed 2/15/2020 via Enablement Package KB4517245. Am I going to have to uninstall this update and just not update my computer??...
  6. A suspicious registry if it is a virus or not?

A suspicious registry if it is a virus or not?: Hi, there is some suspicious registry in this directory: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows in the name of "run". [ATTACH] I am nowadays I am facing blank explorer.exe error, I have tried every single step but I am still...
  7. Suspicious entries in Hosts file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suspicious entries in Hosts file: Hi, i am here today because I have found some things that I believe are malware. They are in my hosts file. [ATTACH] I am sure that there is something wrong but is it safe to delete everything? Please get back to me...
  8. New Google Chrome Suspicious Site Reporter extension

in Windows 10 News
    New Google Chrome Suspicious Site Reporter extension: Chrome was built with security in mind from the very beginning. Today we're launching two new features to help protect users from deceptive websites. The Suspicious Site Reporter Extension will improve security for Chrome users by giving power users an easy way to report...
  9. Google Chrome gets a new Emoji option

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome gets a new Emoji option: One major difference between the social media experiences in a smartphone and a PC is Emoji. It is so easy to type an Emoji in a smartphone and in these days Emojis actually play a crucial role in communication. However, users rarely use Emojis while using social media from...
  10. Suspicious website popping up in new tab when Chrome starts

Suspicious website popping up in new tab when Chrome starts: Recently, I've been getting an odd page opening up when I start up Chrome after rebooting or being on standby. Code: "]Redirect I searched into it and all I could find was pages about UnHackMe, which I ran and it found nothing. What IS this thing, and how do I get rid...