Windows 10: New border around Universal Apps..

Discus and support New border around Universal Apps.. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I notice there's a new 1 pixel white border around Universal apps like Mail and OneNote. This makes it easier to see the edge of the window when it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mystere, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Mystere Win User

New border around Universal Apps..

I notice there's a new 1 pixel white border around Universal apps like Mail and OneNote. This makes it easier to see the edge of the window when it overlaps similarly colored areas. This seems to be new since the update yesterday.

:)

Mystere, Aug 6, 2015

2. Dashed border around windows apps

Something must be wrong because there is no dashed border that should be showing.

I'm curious if you would share a picture screenshot of what you are seeing. Would you mind?

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 6, 2015
  3. Dashed border around windows apps

I know this is not much of a problem, but it's just a quick question i want answer for, why did Microsoft put dashed border around windows 10 apps? I feel I takes the beauty of the apps away, the other day i download whatsapp desktop which got none of
    that but rather a simple shadow around it making the app super nice rather than Microsoft's own app that got that and looks like some parts are even fading when you click desktop when the border is temporarily hidden

nakdickson, Aug 6, 2015
  4. linw Win User

Just had a look. See what you mean. Only on sides and bottom, though!!

linw, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

1. New border around Universal Apps.. - Similar Threads - border around Universal

2. Black border around my monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black border around my monitors: i have black borders around both of my monitors, saw it abaout a week ago. Tried fixing it by looking at websites and stuff but found nothing that helped, it doesnt bother me but i want it gone, and i cant put my mouse on the black bar so i cant take a screenshot...
  3. Black border all around monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black border all around monitor: Hi there, I recently upgraded my PC to Windows 10 pro. And I'm having black border all around my screen. I know that I need to get to Catalyst control to fix it but I don't have the right driver to do that. Can you help me get the right driver? Dell Studio XPS 435T...
  4. Immersive search with a black border around it

in Cortana
    Immersive search with a black border around it: I've enabled immersive search via regedit, but it have a weird black border around it, did I do something wrong or is it the problem of 1809. I'm able to make it function normally in a previous version of windows 10. [ATTACH]...
  5. White border around battery and sound on the bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    White border around battery and sound on the bar: [ATTACH] Once i click on the black box the white border disappears. it's not a huge problem, but it's really annoying. I've tried restarting, it doesn't help....
  6. Black border around monitor

Black border around monitor: I'm running Intel HD graphics on a Acer inspire 15.6", upon restart my monitor, 1366x768 aspect ratio, has two inch black bars on each side of the display and 1 inch black bars on the bottom and top. My drivers are updated and I know this is called a shrinked monitor but I...
  7. border around items in the taskbar

border around items in the taskbar: I have Windows 10 and I have Classic Shell installed. I like my taskbar items to be Uncombined, Showing labels. But no matter what settings I try, my taskbar no longer displays items with a border. If you see my screenshot, you'll see the items on my taskbar are...
  8. Pixel border around active window

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pixel border around active window: Hi there - first post as a new Windows 10 user migrating (returning) from OSX. So far only two issues found on 10130: Orange active window border: I have this horrble orange colour around the active window. I have changed all the colour settings but bothing seems to...
  9. Dotted Border Around Desktop Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Dotted Border Around Desktop Icon: Every now and then I notice a dotted box around an icon on my desktop. When I reboot it goes away. It's not all that important, but my curiosity gets the better of me. Does anyone know what causes this and can it be prevented from happening again? [img] 99371
  10. Border around window screenshot

in Windows 10 Support
    Border around window screenshot: After the Windows 10 Anniversary upgrade, the Alt+PrtScn combo captures a border of some size around a window, as in the screenshot below. Is it possible to have only the active window captured? [img] 65499