Windows 10: New build, can't get RealtekHD Audio drivers & my wireless NIC to work

Discus and support New build, can't get RealtekHD Audio drivers & my wireless NIC to work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, I just got my new build all setup and ready to go. I have been hard wired in doing most of the updates, downloading, tweaking, etc. when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cwburns32, Mar 12, 2017.

1. cwburns32 Win User

New build, can't get RealtekHD Audio drivers & my wireless NIC to work

Hello all,

I just got my new build all setup and ready to go. I have been hard wired in doing most of the updates, downloading, tweaking, etc. when I realized I hadn't installed my NIC.

I started going about the process of getting it installed and cannot seem to get it to work. I can get the driver installed but that's about it. The computer sees it in Device Manager but it has the dreaded triangle with !. I have tried a number of things, different ports, reboots, resets, etc but can't seem to get it to work. I am using the Win 10 driver for my NIC. I was once able to see it under Network adapters, now it shows up in "other devices" under Network Controller and PCI Simple Communications Controller with triangle and !.

I had the audio drivers installed but now it tells me no audio device is installed and when I go into Device Manager all I see is 2 HD Audio Controllers in system devices with the triangle with !. I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, etc. to no avail. (Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.)

I did fuss with some services but none that I can see would break the audio or NIC card. See snapshot below. Any guidance here would be appreciated!

New build, can't get RealtekHD Audio drivers & my wireless NIC to work [​IMG]

System - Win10 Home 64-bit
    MSI z270 xPower Gaming Titanium
    32GB of Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz DDR4
    EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0
    Intel i7-7700k
    EVGA SuperNova G3
    Samsung 960 Evo 250GB (OS)
    Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
    Western Digital Black 1.5TB HDD
    Corsair H100i v2 AIO

:)

cwburns32, Mar 12, 2017

2. Connected to router, but no internet access

I created a new admin account and force installed the driver from the manufacturer's website (The driver is Realtek RTL8188EE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC). I am still getting the same error, and again I don't believe it's the driver because my ethernet
    won't work either.

Computer stats requested:

Version 1709

OS Build 16299.248

turntechGodhead, Mar 12, 2017
  3. wireless "can't connect to this network" after KB3213986 and KB3211320, plus thread-watchdog blue-screens galore

Has anyone else lost wireless NIC functionality after applying these two patch sets? Under the assumption that is may just be an old nic/driver, I attempted with a new USB nic getting the same results. System is interrupt/thread-locking and rebooting regularly,
    and only my hard-line NIC will work on the system.

Update service does not allow uninstallation of these two patches.

Anyone have solutions to this?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

KenAllhands, Mar 12, 2017
  4. bobfrost Win User

Have you run the Intel-Inf program in your MB setup disk? Whenever Simple Communications Device appears, its usually something 'simple' from that which is missing. IME.

Bob Frost

bobfrost, Mar 12, 2017
  5. cwburns32 Win User
    I have not run the tool but will. If by IME you mean Intel Management Engine, that is installed. I can see why you would think otherwise though. The above snippet is my services sorted by status, disabled. Sorry for confusion. Will still run tool though.

cwburns32, Mar 12, 2017
  6. bobfrost Win User
    Sorry, but I meant IME = in my experience. It's a common shorthand, but I see it could be confused with the Intel ME

Bob F

bobfrost, Mar 12, 2017
  7. cwburns32 Win User
    No worries! Thank you for your help. I ran the Intel-Inf tool and it pulled up the below....may just have to secure wipe and fresh install. Not looking forward to it but think it needs to be done. I'll try system restore but at this point I'd rather start fresh as everything is brand spanking new *Cool

cwburns32, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New build, can't get RealtekHD Audio drivers & my wireless NIC to work - Similar Threads - build can't RealtekHD

2. Wireless Audio Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Audio Not Working: My new wireless headphones were working fine until I tried to play Garry's Mod with them. When I tried to play, I couldn't hear anything. So I did some poking around, and I think I did something wrong, because now my headphones don't work at all. The sound tab in settings...
  3. Wireless Audio Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Audio Not Working: My new wireless headphones were working fine until I tried to play Garry's Mod with them. When I tried to play, I couldn't hear anything. So I did some poking around, and I think I did something wrong, because now my headphones don't work at all. The sound tab in settings...
  4. Wireless Audio Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I can't get my audio 5.1 to work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't get my audio 5.1 to work: I've updated the driver but when i go to configure speakers it only has the stereo option available. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-my-audio-51-to-work/d5ca0335-0fcf-45e6-9983-b7c97ed4b37d
  6. Can't get wireless display to work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't get wireless display to work: Every time I try to use a wireless display via the connect menu, It won't connect. It sees my miracast Samsung tv, as available, I click connect and it says connecting. The tv prompts me to accept incoming connection from laptop and I accept. It says please wait on both, but...
  7. New build, no sound, will not install audio driver - Win10 build 1903

New build, no sound, will not install audio driver - Win10 build 1903: Hi, I have two identical newly built computers, and the onboard sound is not working on one of the two. Here are the specs for both: Gigabyte B450 DS3H motherboard AMD Ryzen 5 2400G CPU w/Wraith Stealth cooler G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-3200C16D-16GVGB memory modules, two 8 GB...
  8. Can't get full wireless speeds on my new router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't get full wireless speeds on my new router: Hello and I need help. This is my 1st wireless router, called Linksys EA-9300 AC which is wireless connected to my new HP PC which also has AC. I have 300 mb service in both up and down and cannot achieve the top speeds in any direction. The most that I can get is 220-250 up...
  9. Can't get full wireless speeds on my new router

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get full wireless speeds on my new router: Hello and I need help. This is my 1st wireless router, called Linksys EA-9300 AC which is wireless connected to my new HP PC. I have 300 mb service in both up and down and cannot achieve the top speeds in any direction. The most that I can get is 220-250 up and down. I paid...
  10. Realtek 8821AE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC driver not working with new updates

Realtek 8821AE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC driver not working with new updates: Dear all My ASUS desktop contains a Realtek WiFi PCI card. Since several updates of the Windows 10 OS I can't see my WiFi network after restart. I can see networks I never connected to, I can see the network I create with my iPhone, but all the previous ones belonging to...