Windows 10: New build, new Windows install - BSOD when playing games

Discus and support New build, new Windows install - BSOD when playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Attachment 127098 I just rebuilt this machine with new Motherboard/CPU, RAM, and Graphics card, and I get several errors. I've hammered out most of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RogueNine, Mar 28, 2017.

1. RogueNine Win User

New build, new Windows install - BSOD when playing games

Attachment 127098

I just rebuilt this machine with new Motherboard/CPU, RAM, and Graphics card, and I get several errors. I've hammered out most of them, but the one that continues to plague me is the IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL. I have a feeling that it has to do with the Realtek Audio Driver, but I have the latest one from the manufacturer, so I don't know what else to do.

Thanks!

:)

RogueNine, Mar 28, 2017

2. New Win 10 build 15031

That definitely woudn't affect your games when you play it on the new build,,

The new build will just enhance some features on the Insider program//Windows 10 and it won't affect the apps or games installed..

Gina_on_the_thread, Mar 28, 2017
  3. Blue Screen While Playing Online Games

Hello, I have recently upgraded from Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 10240 to Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 10586.3. A BSOD is always being triggered when I play online games. The BSOD usually occurs during loading and it has an error message of " KMode_Exception_Not_Handled
    caused by dump_wmimmc.sys ".

What is the root cause and the possible solution?

By the way the online game that I play is CABAL Online and this is the only game in my PC that triggers BSOD. Other games work normally aside.

Shindyo190, Mar 28, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

One of the dumps does indicate a problem with your Realtek audio driver: RTKVHD64.sys
    Code: BugCheck C4, {2002, fffff80c49ab2a7c, 20, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for RTKVHD64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for RTKVHD64.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Driver Description: Realtek High Definition Audio Function Driver
    Driver Update Site: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Level=3&Conn=2

Check and see if a newer driver is available from Realtek web site? All I see on the ASRock site is the one you have, as you said.

Also, several of the dumps indicate memory_corruption. This can be defective RAM or can be caused by device driver problems. It would be good to do an extensive test of your ram as fo9llows:
    ===================================================
    Follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

MemTest86+ is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that:

• RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses

Memtest86+ runs from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

New build, new Windows install - BSOD when playing games [​IMG]
    Warning MemTest86+ needs to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM.

If you are asked to run MemTest86+ by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

New build, new Windows install - BSOD when playing games [​IMG]
    Note MemTest86+ has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run MemTest86+ just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.

Take a picture when done and post in the forum please.

Ztruker, Mar 29, 2017
Thema:

1. New build, new Windows install - BSOD when playing games - Similar Threads - build install BSOD

2. computer freezing and BSOD when trying to install windows on new build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer freezing and BSOD when trying to install windows on new build: Hardware:Mobo: MSI Z690-A-WIFI Chip: Intel I9 12900KS RAM: stripped down to a single stick of 32GB DDR5-4800, have 128GB in total, but trying to troubleshoot took it down to 1 put in the DIMMA2 slotHarddrive: have tried our 2TB M2 drive, took that out and now trying a 250GB...
  3. BSOD crash consistently on new PC build when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD crash consistently on new PC build when playing games.: I bought a custom made PC only a couple months ago as wanted to upgrade from an xbox series x. Ever since i bought it, within the first few days i was getting seemingly random freezing leading to game crashing or just straight up BSOD. I have taken it back to the computer...
  4. BSOD crash consistently on new PC build when playing games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD crash consistently on new PC build when playing games.: I bought a custom made PC only a couple months ago as wanted to upgrade from an xbox series x. Ever since i bought it, within the first few days i was getting seemingly random freezing leading to game crashing or just straight up BSOD. I have taken it back to the computer...
  5. BSOD when playing games on new monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when playing games on new monitor: Demanding games such as Cold War and Cyberpunk have been crashing to a blue screen every single time I try to play them. After about 1-5 minutes of gameplay, both of my monitors go black and a recovery screen pops up with no error code, prompting me with advanced options or a...
  6. New PC build restarting when loading/playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC build restarting when loading/playing games: Hello everyone! I recently built my first PC ever with the latest gen hardware, which I camped outside of micro center for. My new PC build went fairly smoothly aside from a few hiccups figuring everything out and updating bios/windows install. Everything works perfectly now,...
  7. New build, dx11 crashes in games and BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New build, dx11 crashes in games and BSOD: Brand new parts, everything brand new. boots fine, stays on all night, passes several gpu benchmark tests with flying colors. just testing on FFxiv atm, plays great, randomly crashes with a common dx11 crash code, running in dx9 BSOD's my pc, and occasionally the dx11 one...
  8. BSOD On New Build

BSOD On New Build: Hi guys, Can anyone please help me? I've literally wasted so much time trying to identify why my system sometimes goes many hours fine, and on some days it BSOD's... mostly when using Adobe applications. Machine: i9 7940 X Stock 32GB HyperX Predator (MemTest run for 24...
  9. BSOD on New Build

BSOD on New Build: Hi All, I hate my first post to be a problem but I've run out of ideas. I recently built a new PC for work, so no gaming. I've had around 10 BSOD's a day and can't pin it down to one of my actions. It can be while browsing, using Office or Remote desktop. It even BSOD...
  10. New Custom Build - BSOD within Games

New Custom Build - BSOD within Games: Hi all, around a month ago I build a new PC for Gaming purpose. This is the hardware I chose: Fractal Design Define S Corsair CP-9020056-EU RM850 Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Intel Core i7-6700K Prozessor be quiet! BK019 Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU-Kühler Corsair...