Windows 10: New build turning it's self off during gaming

Discus and support New build turning it's self off during gaming in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new Ryzen build that has consistently shut it's self off and refuses to turn on again unless the power is removed entirely for 20 seconds.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Megamole, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Megamole Win User

New build turning it's self off during gaming

I have a new Ryzen build that has consistently shut it's self off and refuses to turn on again unless the power is removed entirely for 20 seconds. I've replaced the Mother board, CPU, GPU, RAM and PSU and the problem continues.

When I first built the machine it would turn off within an hour-90 minutes of standard gameplay (Dark souls 3, Prey), I could make it consistently crash with Furmark under 15 minutes. I sent it to a repair shop and they updated the BIOS for the mother board and it no longer crashed under Furmark but still would during game play (doesn't appear to crash if game is not actively played but just left to idle).

For the past week I was able to play Tekken 7 perfectly full screened on my 2nd monitor for 5+ hours (a 4k TV bought this week but the problem also happened on the old TV) then out of no where it happened while playing Tekken. This lead to me discovering that I can instantly cause the problem if I stretch Darksiders window to double resolution. The moment game play starts the PC will just go dead except the LEDs on the mother board. This doesn't happen if I have it on my primary monitor or I don't resize the window on my 2nd monitor, I can play the game fine (at least for 10 minutes of testing I did). This has me completely confused and at my wits end because I can't think of anything that would cause a shut down critical problem just from window resizing. I've checked heat levels and all of them are well below anything worrying and since I can auto trigger the shut down it's unlikely to be heat based.

DESKTOP-GP18648-21_06_2017_164448_62.zipdarksiderscrash.rar
    I used HWinfo64 to record the crash and have included it + the BSOD recommended logs in the post.

:)

Megamole, Jun 20, 2017

2. N95 phone turns off during calls

Hi, can pls someone advise me how to stop the phone switching it self off for no apparent reason during calls also during other usage. It will turn on again but cuts off all applications
    Message Edited by on 23-Apr-200711:09 PM

the_plumber1, Jun 20, 2017
  3. ninjabear Win User
    Update N73

its suppose to turn off

I've updated like 4 nokia models and all of them running thru the nokia update would turn itself off then turn itself on during update

Its perfectly normal

Try updating again.Unfortunately you must've interupted the process during the update.You must've unplug the cable while it switch self off during update which is normal

If you cant get it to update im afraid you have stuff the pjone up and you'll need to take it back to nokia

ninjabear, Jun 20, 2017
  4. MyaP10 Win User

Have you tried stress testing?

MyaP10, Jun 22, 2017
  5. Megamole Win User
    Before a BIOs update furmark would crash the computer within 15 minutes. since I updated the Motherboard BIOS it hasn't been able to cause the problem. I've sinced replaced that mother board and updated the BIOS on the new one but still have the problem.

I've not had any crashes from a CPU stress test.

Megamole, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New build turning it's self off during gaming - Similar Threads - build turning self

2. Do Not Disturb - turn off during OS Build / Post OS Build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do Not Disturb - turn off during OS Build / Post OS Build: Hi Is there a GPO or csp policy that allows to disable Do not disturb when a fresh OS 11 is deployed? I want the notifications in the Action Center to appear. changing FirstRunTime key via registry binary to Value 00 00 00 ..... has no effect and neither does setting the reg...
  3. Do Not Disturb - turn off during OS Build / Post OS Build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do Not Disturb - turn off during OS Build / Post OS Build: Hi Is there a GPO or csp policy that allows to disable Do not disturb when a fresh OS 11 is deployed? I want the notifications in the Action Center to appear. changing FirstRunTime key via registry binary to Value 00 00 00 ..... has no effect and neither does setting the reg...
  4. Why is my pc randomly turning off during a game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my pc randomly turning off during a game?: Hi, I would like to ask someone why is my pc randomly turning off during a game.OK, my monitor suddenly turns off when im playing and my pc is still on.I have to hold down the power button on my pc for 5 seconds.Then it reboots and it happens again when im online for like an...
  5. Set Time Automatically Turns Off By It Self

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set Time Automatically Turns Off By It Self: Hi,Working on a bunch of 2016 & 2019 servers in a CCTV application and time sync is very important. All computers are in local workgroup, no domain. I have found servers with the wrong time and the Set Time Automatically Option grayed out or turned off. I click to enable and...
  6. Set Time Automatically Turns Off By It Self

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Time Automatically Turns Off By It Self: Hi,Working on a bunch of 2016 & 2019 servers in a CCTV application and time sync is very important. All computers are in local workgroup, no domain. I have found servers with the wrong time and the Set Time Automatically Option grayed out or turned off. I click to enable and...
  7. Turned off during installing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turned off during installing: Hi I just sold my pc to someone. The person arrived to collect but my pc still resetting. He had to wait outside my house. After 15 min the reset percentage finally reached 100% and I told him I'm packing it up then the screen changed to light blue background "installing...
  8. My laptop turn off by it self

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop turn off by it self: My laptop is ideapad 320 It always turn off by it self after 40 seconds while booting or in bios https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-turn-off-by-it-self/9e1b0d70-5e0a-4cb8-b462-5a3214e79d96
  9. Turned off during recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turned off during recovery: My pc, doesn't load windows after.it switched of during windows recovery, it shows a brand's logo and a blank scrensafter it doesn't show a windows logo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turned-off-during-recovery/5e1cca7c-5358-4403-93f2-d7a4fc46c4b0
  10. system restore turns it self off

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    system restore turns it self off: system restore turns it self off why 71711