Windows 10: (New built) IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, Random BSODs

Discus and support (New built) IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, Random BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, After every few random days I am getting BSOD with the title mentioning "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. FYI, This is a completely new built and only 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by alypak, Dec 19, 2016.

1. alypak Win User

(New built) IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, Random BSODs

Hi,

After every few random days I am getting BSOD with the title mentioning "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. FYI, This is a completely new built and only 2 months in use. Currently not using for gaming so no graphics card in it. Using Windows 10.

My initial findings of the dump files is that mostly are related to HDAudBus.SYS error and 2 dumps are of Netio.SYS error.

I have attached the required logs ZIP FILE for your through review.

Really appreciate your help.

PC Info:
    Asus z170 Pro gaming, mITX
    16 GB Crucial
    kingston 250 GB SSD
    500 GB HDD
    600 Watts PSU

:)

alypak, Dec 19, 2016

2. Windows 10 BSOD

Well i didn't have any problems for the first 4/6 months, they only started after that and the BSODs have given me a range of messages from irql not greater or equal to kmode exception not handled (there are many more).

Muhammad FahadBabar, Dec 19, 2016
  3. XP ROCKS. Win User
    DELL laptop with IRQL-Not-Or-Equal blue screen each time I attempt to connect to internet

Please post a link to the dump file/s. "How to" instructions below.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

BSOD Finding and fixing them

XP ROCKS., Dec 19, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

The most recent dump indicates a problem with Qcamain10x64.sys.

Code: ffff8600`4a19a270 fffff809`4874f552*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Qcamain10x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Qcamain10x64.sys Qcamain10x64+0x14f552[/quote] This belongs to your Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter. The one currently installed is dated 2/24/2016 12:20:49 PM.

See if there is a newer version available.

Ztruker, Dec 20, 2016
  5. alypak Win User
    Sure i'll check it and update..

But what about the other dumps which have caused the most crashes? Any advise for that

alypak, Dec 20, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Code: fffff801`3a3473a8 fffff80a`d8d289fd*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Qcamain10x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Qcamain10x64.sys Qcamain10x64+0x1289fd[/quote] Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter

Code: fffff801`3a347758 fffff80a`d8f54c14*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys igdkmd64+0x84c14[/quote] Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows Code: Code: BugCheck A, {0, 2, 0, fffff803ec87b248} Probably caused by : HDAudBus.sys ( HDAudBus!HdaController::NotificationDpc+1f1 )[/quote] [/quote] All over the place, Wireless, Video and Audio. Check your PSU voltages. You can usually do this in BIOS Setup.

Remove all over clocking, CPU and RAM.

Ztruker, Dec 20, 2016
  7. alypak Win User
    Hi...a bit late in reply..was busy..

I checked my PSU voltages in my BIOS. I have attached pictures of my PSU specs and BIOS Voltage details. I am new into analyzing voltages. Voltages were observed to be stable monitored for a minute or so. No fluctuation observed. Is there anything else i should do or know regarding this? Also is my PSU OK??? Secondly, i used 'Drive Easy' tool to check my drivers, it showed similar driver issues related to audio, video & wireless and suggested updating them. So can i rely on this info to troubleshoot my issues? For any other info kindly ask me
    Attachment 117779Attachment 117780

alypak, Jan 19, 2017
  8. Ztruker Win User

Voltages look okay. Only way to tell if a PSU is bad is to replace it but I don't think that is warranted in this case.

I would not use Drive Easy. Better to find and download updates manually.

Also would be a good idea to test your ram. For 16GB it can take 10 to 14 hours so run it overnight.
    ===================================================
    Follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

MemTest86+ is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that:

• RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses

Memtest86+ runs from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

(New built) IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, Random BSODs [​IMG]
    Warning MemTest86+ needs to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM.

If you are asked to run MemTest86+ by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

Note MemTest86+ has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run MemTest86+ just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.

Take a picture when done and post in the forum please.

Ztruker, Jan 20, 2017
  9. alypak Win User
    Here's the memtest result. As shown 12 passes. No issues observed with RAM,
    FYI, i checked my BIOS, newer versions are available for stability. So from here on what can be done next for these random crashes. I think we are left with faulty drivers. But still you know better and will advise better analyzing the dumps.
    Attachment 118139

alypak, Jan 22, 2017
  10. Ztruker Win User
    If there are newer BIOS versions available, update to the latest one. Won't hurt, may help.

You can try enabling Driver Verifier, see if that gives us any better idea of the cause of these problems.

===================================================
    Driver Verifier
    is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Pay close attention to

PART TWO

and make sure the correct boxes are checked.

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

What we're looking for is a verifier generated BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it.

Ztruker, Jan 25, 2017
  11. alypak Win User
    Before updating BIOS, I have went through the driver verifier procedure as advised.

Got 2 immediate BSOD one after the other, after rebooting the PC. Have attached the dumps in the thread for your reference.
    Other than these last 2 dumps generated by the driver verifier, I believe rest of the dumps of earlier times will also give you some idea.

alypak, Feb 6, 2017
  12. Ztruker Win User
    The 2/7 4:11Pm dump shows this:

Code: BugCheck C9, {21f, fffff80a3061b174, ffff840c90996570, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ScpVBus.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ScpVBus.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Known to cause BSODS, see an post I made awhile ago here: Error code c0000005 - Not a BSOD

Ztruker, Feb 7, 2017
  13. alypak Win User

I do have a PS4 controller driver installed, will check after uninstalling it..

But What about dumps with other time stamps?? Are they all related to this one or have other solutions?

alypak, Feb 7, 2017
  14. Ztruker Win User
    I don't remember what the other dumps showed at the moment. Will look again when I get time. For now though, remove the PS4 controller and/or its supporting software, see if that resolves the problem. It has for quite a few other folks.

Ztruker, Feb 9, 2017
  15. alypak Win User
    Hi,

I uninstalled the PS4 driver, since then still observing BSODs of various kinds like:
    Tcpip.sys
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VOILATION
    Ndis sys

Etc..

What happening!!! all of my system is new...getting these since i built it. I haven't updated BIOS, Reinstalled windows or drivers yet as I want to know the root of this issue.

Appreciate your continual support on this, and you may take your needed time for this as the latest attachment has all the dumps since the start.

And for your info, i broke a USB 3.0 header pin while building my PC...can this be related to it...??

Thanks

alypak, Feb 18, 2017
Thema:

1. (New built) IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, Random BSODs - Similar Threads - built IRQL LESS

2. BSOD Irql not less or equal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Irql not less or equal: Hi, I tried installing windows 11 but it started giving me BSOD during installation. It never recovered despite returning all BIOS settings back to legacy and a clean installation of windows 10, and every scan known to man saying there's no problems.It's completely random, it...
  3. random BSODs, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    random BSODs, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL: Ever since setting up my pc it encounters random BSODs, mostly while idling. Looking into eventviewer, it pointed to a BugCheck with code 0xd1, aka IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. I subsequently set up Driver verifier to monitor all non-microsoft-issued drivers and collect a minidump...
  4. random BSODs, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random BSODs, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL: Ever since setting up my pc it encounters random BSODs, mostly while idling. Looking into eventviewer, it pointed to a BugCheck with code 0xd1, aka IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. I subsequently set up Driver verifier to monitor all non-microsoft-issued drivers and collect a minidump...
  5. random BSODs, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

6. Irql not less or equal BSOD

Irql not less or equal BSOD: Hey there, Ive tried my best to fix this issue and have gotten it to work better compared to when it started Via numerous reinstalls of windows Ive been getting multiple bsods at seemingly random times although most of them have been "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" I decided to use...
  7. “IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL” BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL” BSOD: Hello! I've been getting this error lately and one of the helpers said "compress minidump file and share the link from OneDrive here so I can locate the problem" so here goes : https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApzNBYoqbO8jhDu8HZpW-9Nqa-k6?e=aGp0t9...
  8. BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL: Just got a bsod with IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL code any idea which hardware part could be broken? Minidump file here https://www.dropbox.com/s/0twl631ar2bjmcd/082620-5390-01.dmp?dl=0 So far I tried the following: - updating bios to v37 from v35 with cmos clear - BIOS...
  9. Random BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL (and variety of BSOD) on new build

Random BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL (and variety of BSOD) on new build: This appears to be the exact same issue found at this question, so I am sorry if it's not good etiquette to create another thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-driverirqlnotlessorequal-on-windows-10/9864100a-a98e-44b8-b583-947a7b91e29c I...
  10. IRQL Not Less Equal BSOD on new laptop.

IRQL Not Less Equal BSOD on new laptop.: Hi all, and thanks in advance for any help I get. Brand new Alienware 17 R3 and I get this BSOD probably 70% of the time on system start, restart, or awake from sleep. It only occurs once, after it has occurred it will never happen a second time in a row. All it says is the...