Windows 10: New Chrome - Google Chrome 42.0.2311.90 (Official Build) m (64-bit)

Discus and support New Chrome - Google Chrome 42.0.2311.90 (Official Build) m (64-bit) in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Anyone upgrading to the new Chrome stable build 42.0.2311.90 and would like to revert back to the standard Bookmark Manager, here is how.... Type... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by f14tomcat, Apr 14, 2015.

1. f14tomcat Win User

New Chrome - Google Chrome 42.0.2311.90 (Official Build) m (64-bit)

Anyone upgrading to the new Chrome stable build 42.0.2311.90 and would like to revert back to the standard Bookmark Manager, here is how....

Type about:flags in search bar, press enter.

Disable flag:

Enable Enhanced BookmarksMac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, AndroidProvides an off switch for enhanced bookmarks experiment L: #enhanced-bookmarks-experiment
    DefaultEnabledDisabled

Relaunch Chrome (button on bottom).

--------------------------------------------------------------

The new bookmark manager does not allow choice of where to place new bookmarks, it is auto based on content and tags of site. Also, default is to show "Tiles" when bookmark manager is opened.

Done!

New Chrome - Google Chrome	42.0.2311.90 (Official Build) m (64-bit) [​IMG]

Source: Google Groupes

:)

f14tomcat, Apr 14, 2015

2. Microsoft Edge not working!!!

your problem is chrome. I have read some where that chrome did not use the microsoft tool for memory when they did their browser and they have memory issue on their browser. making it to not work on windows 10. seams they put a patch on the chrome browser
    but it does not mean that they have fix everything.

Google is aware of Chrome issue in Windows 10 build 10525, but there's a temporary fix | On MSFT

Google releases fix for 64-bit Chrome bug in Windows 10 build 10525 | On MSFT

Since the release of
    Windows 10 Insider build 10525
    , Windows and Chrome forums have populated with complaints of the 64-bit version hanging and or crashing when in use. Similar to the YouTube for Windows Phone situation, the Chrome team attempted
    to develop around Microsoft’s APIs for Windows 10, rather than using the costly official tools for Microsoft’s 64-bit systems. Understandably, the Chrome team chose to find a solution that did not cost $9,995 (the cost of Microsoft’s 64-bit tools) to implement.
    Unfortunately, for the Chrome team, without the official tools, the beta version of the Chrome browser fell victim to

the new way Windows 10 manages memory

Latest Chrome Canary build works well on Windows 10 build 10525 | On MSFT

i am steve, Apr 14, 2015
  3. Windows 10 system freezes randomly after fall Creators Update installed.

Version of Chrome 64.0.3282.140 (Official build), (64 bit) fixed all the problems.

Эдуард Демьянeнкo, Apr 14, 2015
  4. New Chrome - Google Chrome 42.0.2311.90 (Official Build) m (64-bit)

Thanks for info, good to know things can be changed to how they where

Not used Chrome for a while but just fired it up to check and I see no change in bookmarks, is the new manager being rolled out at the moment

paulsalter, Apr 14, 2015
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    Got it this a.m. Major rev 42. Might be a bit later across the pond!

Make sure you go into "about Google Chrome" and it will check for updates.

f14tomcat, Apr 14, 2015
  6. Cheers
    Checked version and it is showing as up to date

Will have another look at it in the morning, see if changes have filtered over here

paulsalter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

New Chrome - Google Chrome 42.0.2311.90 (Official Build) m (64-bit)

1. New Chrome - Google Chrome 42.0.2311.90 (Official Build) m (64-bit) - Similar Threads - Chrome Google Chrome42

2. Microphone humming stops when launching Google Chrome Beta Version 108.0.5359.22 64-bit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone humming stops when launching Google Chrome Beta Version 108.0.5359.22 64-bit: I have an Arozzi Sfera microphone plugged in my pc with a USB cable. 2 days ago, I unplugged my mic and used it on a different pc. Then, when I plugged it back in, I was told there was a quite loud humming noise in my mic. And it was. I tried to reinstall drivers and all,...
  3. Microsoft Edge Version 94.0.992.37 Official build 64-bit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Edge Version 94.0.992.37 Official build 64-bit: After a search the results has a foreign language that is mixed in with English. Refresh 1 or 2 times and the foreign language reverts back to English. Is this a problem with Edge? Virus and malware checks do not revel any problems....
  4. What’s new in Google Chrome 90 for Windows

in Windows 10 News
    What’s new in Google Chrome 90 for Windows: Google Chrome 90 is now gradually rolling out to users on Windows 10, macOS, Linux, and mobile with multiple consumer-centric features and security improvements. Chrome 90 is also the first version of the browser to automatically load all URLs via the more secure HTTPS...
  5. Google Chrome 90 will default to HTTPS for incomplete URLs

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome 90 will default to HTTPS for incomplete URLs: Starting in version 90, Chrome’s address bar will use https:// by default, improving privacy and even loading speed for users visiting websites that support HTTPS. Chrome users who navigate to websites by manually typing a URL often don’t include...
  6. apps won't open in Microsoft Edge in version 83.0.478.61 Official build 64-bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    apps won't open in Microsoft Edge in version 83.0.478.61 Official build 64-bit: apps won't open in Microsoft Edge in version 83.0.478.61 Official build 64-bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-wont-open-in-microsoft-edge-in-version/449d7fdd-ac9c-4c91-980f-cb703b6a6469
  7. Windows 10 64 bit intall not working on new PC build.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 64 bit intall not working on new PC build.: Hello, I am new to all of this, and just completed my first PC build. When I use my windows 10 usb when booting, I receive the option for 64 bit or 32 bit. When I select the 64 bit, I get the attached error. I am able to boot with the 32 bit option, but have the hardware...
  8. Edge Stable Version 79.0.309.12 (Official build) (64-bit) Icon issue

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Stable Version 79.0.309.12 (Official build) (64-bit) Icon issue: After Edge Stable auto update to version 79.0.309.12 It changed to the new Icon logo on the start menu, but not on the taskbar. I did unpin/remove it and I pinned the new Icon. Now whenever I start edge I get an extra Icon with the old logo on the taskbar. 143882
  9. Google Chrome new theme

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome new theme: If you want to try the new Google Chrome theme just go to chrome://flags and search for UI Layout for the browser's top chrome and change it to refresh 114285
  10. how to update Google Chrome Version 52.0.2743.116 m

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to update Google Chrome Version 52.0.2743.116 m: I would like to update my google chrome because there was a vulnerability detected in google chrome and I read it needs to be updated to stop from being vulnerable (see attached). [img] *Biggrin 63773