Windows 10: New clean install on Win 7 Pro Key

Discus and support New clean install on Win 7 Pro Key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi New install of Win 10 Pro appears to have installed all drivers, chipset, graphics audio etc. I previously downloaded all updated drivers that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kevvyb, Jun 12, 2016.

1. kevvyb Win User

New clean install on Win 7 Pro Key

Hi

New install of Win 10 Pro appears to have installed all drivers, chipset, graphics audio etc.

I previously downloaded all updated drivers that supported Windows 10. Would it be wise to update them or should I stick with the defaults that Windows has installed? Particularly with the chipset drivers. I have a feeling that these will in any case be the win7 or 8 drivers as my mobo is not officially supported for win 10 as yet and may not be.

Thanks in advance.

:)

kevvyb, Jun 12, 2016

2. Can I activate Windows 10 on a new PC using the product key of an unaopened retail copy of Windows 7 pro?

Original Title: Clean Windows 10 install

I am building a new computer and have an unopened retail copy of Win 7 Pro. however I would like to clean install Win 10 can I use the unused Win 7 product key?

Michael tpe, Jun 12, 2016
  3. Windows 10 clean install using windows 7 pro? read for better details.

I was running Win 7 Pro on my pc, and I upgraded it to Win 10 pro.

I am now building a new custom computer to replace my old one and I want to do a clean install of Win 10 Pro on it.

How can I do this?

I have heard once you upgrade your Win 7 Pro there is a Win 10 Pro key that is generated that can be used to do this?

If that's the case do I use my old win 7 pro key or a different key that I can find on my pc? (using a burned CD or USB for a clean install)

Will I have no choice but to buy Win 10 Pro, or install Win 7 Pro and wait for it to upgrade? I really don't want to do this.

Also, is Win 10 Pro N the same as normal Win 10 just missing the media pack? As in it can be used to do everything and works the same as the normal win 10 once the media package is installed?

ZacharyGorby, Jun 12, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi kevvyb and welcome to Tenforums.
    If everything seems to be functioning properly and there are no bangs in Device Manager, I would stick with what's been installed by the OS. If you begin to have issues, you could look at updating some of the drivers, depending on what issues arise. W10 has gotten pretty good at this, so, if it ain't broke...*Smile (Just keep your previously downloaded drivers in case you need them in the future.)

simrick, Jun 12, 2016
  5. kevvyb Win User
    Thanks for quick reply. That was my inclination so thanks for confirming.

kevvyb, Jun 12, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    No problem. Enjoy W10! Cheers! *Smile

simrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. New clean install on Win 7 Pro Key - Similar Threads - clean install Pro

2. Clean install of win 11 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean install of win 11 pro: I have a laptop running with a digital licence for Win10 Pro. The laptop originally came with Win 10 home but I upgraded to win 10 pro using a key from a win 7 ultimate dvd.Windows update tells me I can update to win 11 pro from my present install and acquire a digital...
  3. Clean install win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install win 10 Pro: Hello, I'm not a power user or well practiced on or in computing. I have a Lenovo E570 laptop with Win 10Pro V1903 It has two SSD's. I'd like to clean install a new copy of Win 10 Pro. I've got both drives backed up on an external drive. When it comes time to restore...
  4. Clean install win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean install win 10 Pro: Hello, I'm not a power user or well practiced on or in computing. I have a Lenovo E570 laptop with Win 10Pro V1903 It has two SSD's. I'd like to clean install a new copy of Win 10 Pro. I've got both drives backed up on an external drive. When it comes time to restore...
  5. clean install or reroll to win 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clean install or reroll to win 7?: is it normal for the upgrade to lag at evrything? when i had the win 10 tp it was great and fast at evrything but once i upgraded my win 7 it seems evrything starts slow gaming has allot of lag will it help to do a clean install or am i better of restoring windows 7? 9936
  6. New SSD clean Install Win 10 Pro 64bit

New SSD clean Install Win 10 Pro 64bit: Hi Everybody, In about 2-3 weeks I will get a new SSD Samsung 850 EVO Basic MZ-75E2T0 2TB to replace my too small SSD of the same brand. I am running Win 10 Pro 64-bit fully licensed and I have all the keys like Product ID, Installed Key, Original Key, Original Edition...
  7. Installing on a brand new SSD with a genuine Win 7 Pro key...?

Installing on a brand new SSD with a genuine Win 7 Pro key...?: I am new to Windows 10, never used it... Here is my question... I have a new SSD and a genuine Windows 7 Pro key, which I have not used. Do I have to install windows 7 with this key on my new SSD first and then upgrade and then clean install windows 10 or is there a way to...
  8. Product Key of win 7 Pro works in win 10 Pro fresh install

Product Key of win 7 Pro works in win 10 Pro fresh install: I want to install windows 10 pro and win dev tools VS2015 Community... on my MacBook Pro 4-cores/16GB/256GB I have Windows 7 Pro license and VMWare Fusion Pro license What to do??? Product Key of win 7 Pro works in win 10 Pro fresh install...as a VM? Or have to...
  9. Best to Upgrade Win 7 or a new installation of Win 10 Pro?

Best to Upgrade Win 7 or a new installation of Win 10 Pro?: I did pass on the free upgrade to Win 10 last year or so. But now feel it might be best to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10. At this point in time I would like to do 3 computers. And 2 others after the first of the year. Each has Win 7 Pro (64 bit). Also after reading a lot of...
  10. Clean WIn 10 Pro Install

Clean WIn 10 Pro Install: Got a new dell with Win 10 Pro. I am putting in a new SSD and want to do a clean install. Is this the correct MS download? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 It downloads the media creation tool. Then options are Win 10, Win 10 Home, and Win 10 N....