Windows 10: New Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 fastest, privacy-first consumer DNS service

Discus and support New Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 fastest, privacy-first consumer DNS service in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Cloudflare's mission is to help build a better Internet. We're excited today to take another step toward that mission with the launch of 1.1.1.1 — the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

New Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 fastest, privacy-first consumer DNS service

Source: Announcing 1.1.1.1: the fastest, privacy-first consumer DNS service

*YouTube video player

:)

Brink, Mar 31, 2018

2. CloudFlare... Frequently, it blocks access to various sites.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to domain network?
    • Are you facing the issue without using CloudFlare?
    CloudFlare provides a content delivery network and distributed domain name server services, sitting between the visitor and the CloudFlare user's hosting provider, acting as a reverse proxy for websites. Its network protects, speeds up, and improves availability
    for a website or mobile application with a change in DNS.

Important: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third
    Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

However, since you are facing issues with CloudFlare, I would request you to refer to suggestions provided in the article below and check.

My website is offline or unavailable?

If the issue remains, I would recommend contacting CloudFlare support for the best possible answer.

CloudFlare Support

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Mar 31, 2018
  3. dstu---01 Win User
    N95 - SIP Registration Problems

Hello,

I have several problems when trying to register my N95 to a SIP Proxy.

1. When I register with an 18 digits user name (IEMI with 000 prefix), it doesn't send any value in the "response" and "nonce" fields in the Authorization line and other fields are simply missing.

This is the trace of the failed REGISTER Authorization line:

------------------------------------------------------------

Authentication Scheme: Digest

Username: "000356996015500000"

Realm: "1.1.1.1"

Nonce Value: ""

Authentication URI: "sip:1.1.1.1"

Digest Authentication Response: ""

This is the trace of the successful line:

-----------------------------------------

Authentication Scheme: Digest

QOP: auth

Realm: "1.1.1.1"

Nonce Value: "46f274bb3d00a3f"

Algorithm: MD5

CNonce Value: "80aec472a2e38e2cae5691cf1578e2f6"

Username: "888800000"

Nonce Count: 0000000c

Authentication URI: "sip:1.1.1.1"

Digest Authentication Response: "00cb7bbf6ca75d0cb029f9a9bcff4912"

2. If I define the public user name as sip:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***, it doesn't register. I have to use the IP address everywhere (In the public user name, proxy server, registrar, realm...). Is it normal?

3. When I succeed to register (with the short test username/pwd), when a call that I place is connected, the phone drops it (sends BYE). Does it support G.729? Is there a way to debug it?

4. Is it possible to view the IP address and DNS information received from the WLAN router?

5. Can't the SIP phone be programmed to connect via any WLAN it registers to successfully with an option to use the 3G network if no WiFi network is in range?

I hope that there are experts out there on this list that can help me with these issues. We provide VoIP service and we would like to strongly promote this product line, once we'll confirm that it's suitable for our service and that it's stable.

Thanks,

David

dstu---01, Mar 31, 2018
  4. rezpower Win User

tested and seems amazingly faster! thanks for sharing this. Now question is if you guys really advise using it? really safer and more private?

rezpower, Mar 31, 2018
  5. Faith Win User
    April.... Fool? *Rolleyes

Guess not.

Faith, Mar 31, 2018
  6. brummyfan Win User
    Thanks Shawn, it's really faster than my previous DNS address *chuckle
    EDIT: My daughter likes it too.

brummyfan, Mar 31, 2018
  7. mrgeek Win User
    Saw this earlier. Been testing all day on all browsers, no issues yet.

mrgeek, Mar 31, 2018
  8. Kari Win User

Clearly faster than Google's 8.8.8.8 which I have been using for a long time:

New Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 fastest, privacy-first consumer DNS service [​IMG]

9. Does seem faster to me. I didn't go all space tech on it to get the ms or what not lol.

Access Denied, Apr 1, 2018
  10. rezpower Win User
    Much faster then google for me here:

btw dose anyone have any information about dns and localization? I used to use a dns service a year ago allowing me to watch tv content from US while being in france. The advantage of this service compared to VPN was that I could use my own total available bandwidth, instead of being restricted to the vpn's speed.

rezpower, Apr 1, 2018
  11. It seems faster to me too but I miss that little green lock.

alkaufmann, Apr 1, 2018
  12. OilerNut Win User
    10-15ms difference is literally nothing...

OilerNut, Apr 1, 2018
  13. Cliff S New Member

I set it up both inside of Windows and on my Fritz!Box 7490(router/modem/all in one) settings page*Smile

Cliff S, Apr 1, 2018
  14. Steve C Win User
    I did a full DNS server search using the Gibson DNS Benchmark and don't see this DNS server anywhere in the top 50 fastest DNS server list. Is this due to my UK location?

Steve C, Apr 1, 2018
  15. z3r010 Win User
    Does for me.

z3r010, Apr 1, 2018
Thema:

1. New Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 fastest, privacy-first consumer DNS service - Similar Threads - Cloudflare fastest privacy

2. Bluetooth error 1 in 1 milion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth error 1 in 1 milion: Hello and sorry for disturbing you but i have a problem with bluetooth on my device. I have it on pc but i dont have it. I cant connect any devices with bluetooth and i tried like 20 tutorial from youtube and all tutorial from you and troubleshooter and didnt work, i have it...
  3. ”1”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ”1”: ”1” https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%83%AB%E3%82%A8/be038fda-42e3-4ee7-b5b9-ad46d10f92c9
  4. ”1”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ”1”: ”1” https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%83%AB%E3%82%A8/be038fda-42e3-4ee7-b5b9-ad46d10f92c9
  5. 1.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1.: Windows 10 asking password. I have entering correct Password. But Windows showing Password not available I tried many Times But It can't Work. I Also try 'RESET OPTION' but before 'RESET' they also ask for Password. Also ask Password Before COMMAND PROMPT. If we want to do...
  6. 1.

1.: Windows 10 asking password. I have entering correct Password. But Windows showing Password not available I tried many Times But It can't Work. I Also try 'RESET OPTION' but before 'RESET' they also ask for Password. Also ask Password Before COMMAND PROMPT. If we want to do...
  7. 1.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. . 1 .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    . 1 .: PDF 1 . . , . .. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%ED%95%9C%EA%B8%80/97597520-45f0-4764-bc7f-dbb6d193dd9f
  9. . 1 .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    . 1 .: PDF 1 . . , . .. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%ED%95%9C%EA%B8%80/97597520-45f0-4764-bc7f-dbb6d193dd9f
  10. . 1 .